5.0 out of 5 stars Loved my Bumbleride
I owned the Bumbleride Indie for a year and a half. My husband made me sell it when my second child was born because we had to get a double stroller. It was a really sad day when I sold it and I still miss it a lot. Here were the things I LOVED about the Bumbleride Indie:

Published on February 29, 2012 by Ask Chavi

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT a jogging stroller
Published on April 4, 2012 by Mamafoosa

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved my Bumbleride, February 29, 2012

-Completely flat recline makes it compatible for a newborn - no adapter necessary! My daughter was able to sleep soundly in the stroller many times. I also used the stroller as a changing table when I was on the go.

-HUGE canopy. The Bumbleride Indie canopy is one of the largest on the market. When the seat is inclined the canopy can be pushed down to almost shield the child completely.

-Adjustable footrest - I kept the footrest up when my baby was young and even attached the "bassinet" flaps. As she grew I was able to put the footrest down.

-Huge Basket - I crammed groceries, diaper bags, and even laundry into this amazing basket.

-Amazing air filled tires - the three wheel design made it so easy to push. The air tires were truly all terrain and could tackle grass, bumpy roads and I could easily get up and down sidewalk curbs without a worry. Easy to bump up and down stairs even with my daughter on board.

Appearance - It is a very attractive stroller and the bright color was always an attention grabber.

Seat - padded and comfortable yet firm and supported

Accessories - Love that it came with the Bumper bar/car seat adapter and rain cover and cup holder!

Break was easy to use and effective.

My friend owned a matching Indie and had the carrycot (bassinet) and I will admit that the Bumbleride looks absolutely gorgeous as a pram and got loads of compliments.

Bumbleride makes cool accessories like the footmuff and snack tray (sold separately)

Now for the Cons:
It folded kind of large and awkwardly. It does not have a compact fold, so it would take up at least half of my trunk. Wheels were easy to remove which helped a little bit. Also, since its a three wheel design the fold is a little uneven which makes it a little awkward to carry, but the carry strap helped a lot.

When I was a new mom I found it heavy at just over 20 lbs, but as I got stronger from lifting my kid I began to be able to throw it in and out of my car with ease. Stroller weight is after all, relative.

Strap recline was kind of annoying. It would take two hands to put the seat into an incline position while child was sleeping or sitting which meant you had to stop pushing to do it. It would be nice to see a one hand recline design.

Seat does not have a 90 degrees seat recline like some of the designer strollers on the market, but while my child was in that stage of wanting to be completely upright, she was able to hold onto the bumper bar to sit more forward.

Air tires had a few flats. There were times when my tires got really low on air and I didn't have the pump with me, so it was hard to push. Also, one of my wheels went completely flat after the year warranty was over so I had to purchase a new wheel from Bumbleride.

Adjustable handle was appropriate for me at 5'8'' and my husband at 5'10'' but might be short for anyone taller than that, so telescoping or a longer handle could be nice.

It is really complicated to remove the fabric in order to wash it. Also, after washing I think it shrunk a little bit and I had a hard time putting it back on the stroller frame without a lot of effort.

Now I own the Britax B-Ready because we needed a double stroller and since it can be a single or double my husband wanted to sell our Indie to cover the cost. There are few things I like on the B-Ready more.. maybe just the fact that you can snap in a car seat easily front or rear facing, a bassinet or a toddler seat rear facing. For moms that want to see their babies, I suggest using the car seat adapter bar on the Indie, it works great and gets the desired effect. The Bumbleride is so much lighter than the B-Ready and the tires on the Indie are SO MUCH better than the Britax. The actual stroller frame seems much heavier on the B-Rready, but I suppose its necessary since it can carry a total of 90 lbs of children while the Indie can only carry 40 or 45 lbs of one child... I was able to sell my Indie for $300 a year and a half after purchase, even though it was a 2010 model and the 2012 versions were rolling out. It really maintained its value as I stored it indoors. I wish I could have kept my Indie because if I had the B-Ready and the Indie side by side in my house and had the opportunity to go on a walk with just one child.. hands down I would choose the Indie.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's favorite ride!, August 6, 2012
I purchased the Bumbleride Indie 2011 in fog when my son was 3 months old. Prior to the Bumbleride my husband and I used the Graco snap and go with our Graco infant carseat. We waited to purchase a stroller mainly because as new parents we had no idea what features to look for and what features were important to us (seemed like everyone we knew had a different favorite stroller). We finally decided on the Bumbleride after trying it out in a store. We've had the Indie for a year now and still love it.
Pros:
-Handles like a dream. I've pushed it one handed fully loaded while walking my dog (who is pulling me) on a bumpy path while 5 months pregnant and feel fully in control of the stroller. I've tried it on pavement, rough trail, beach, grass everything- pushes beautifully without much effort.I also tried the Bob stroller which also handles similarly and the Baby Jogger City Mini and Select which I felt performed poorly (hard to push when loaded, does not handle rougher terrain) compared to the Bob and Bumbleride.
-Easy to lock front wheel which makes jogging easier. Now, it's not a true jogging stroller but, if you lightly jog 3 times a week it ain't bad considering you can take it to the mall after :)
-Fully adjustable handle I am 5' and my husband is 6' and we have no issues with handle height.
-Easy to assemble out of the box. Basically have to put on the wheels and canopy all of which pop onto the main frame. 15 minutes from box to trail.
-Huge, easily accessible basket. I can fit my diaper bag, blanket, and a winter coat. Fits 5 beach towels. Ladies if you love to shop you'll love this basket.
-The wheels!! They give such a smooth, cushioned ride. This is the only stroller my son will sleep in.
-We purchased our Indie in the fog cloth which is water resistant. Water beads on top of the fabric. Great for mist, splashes, spills. If you are walking in heavy rain they do have a PVC-free rain cover but it has to be purchased seperately.
- Smaller footprint than other all terrain strollers on the market. It seems insignificant but when you are managing tight aisles or shops in malls makes a huge difference.
-Weight is 20 lbs I think it's the lightest all terrain stroller but not 100% sure since they release new strollers all the time. I'm 5 feet tall and 100lbs and the weight of a stroller is a big deal for me. I can lift it into the trunk of my Accord without issues. My husband who is 6 feet has no issues lifting this stroller.
-Looks great, very sleek styling and my husband who shies away from baby-like things doesn't have any problem being seem with this stroller...men. ;)
Cons:
-Folding/collapsing is good but not perfect. It's similar to the Bob stroller but not as compact a fold. There are two trigger points on the side that you pull up on that release the seatback then you pull up on a strap just above the basket to fully collapse it.
- Since we're on folding, the stroller locks are annoying to put on. They are a hard plastic that you have to snap into place- maybe it's just me but I find that the cup holder often gets in the way of this.
-Cup holder comes with the Indie but feels flimsy.
-Weight limit is 45 lbs. Which sounds small if you compare it to weight limits of other models but if you look at a growth chart, 45 lbs is a 90th percentile 4 year old or 25th percentile 8 year old boy.
-Accessories- I feel like all stroller companies do it now but most accessories you have to purchase seperately which is annoying. I did purchase a rain cover and foot muff since I live in the Northeast and am out walking daily. $64.99 for the muff and $45 for the rain cover...yeah not cheap. For the price of the stroller these should be free. They should at least throw in the rain cover and a parent consul for free it rains most places and who doesn't need a place for their stuff.

Overall, if you have an active lifestyle and need a stroller that can tackle most terrain I would recommend the Indie and Bob stroller. I chose this stroller over the Bob's because of weight, size of footprint, and styling. If you do not plan on going on varried terrain but want a stroller that can handle grass and mulch, Baby jogger city mini or select is the best way to go lighter, easy fold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great multi-terrain jogging stroller, April 11, 2012
This review is from: Bumbleride Indie Stroller, Lava (Baby Product)
I have been jogging with this stroller for over a year now. It was the key to my 50lb+ post-natal weight loss. I first used it when my daughter was 5 weeks old with her Chicco Keyfit 30 infant carseat, which fit into the Bumbleride back-facing (no extra kit needed) so I was able to keep an eye on her. Since then I have jogged with it roughly 2x a week for about an hour on the sidewalks and paved trails around my house. It is still in like new shape and I have had no problems with it. I am not a competitive runner and I don't time my miles, so performance at high speeds was not a major consideration for me (otherwise I would have probably gotten a BOB, but I didn't want the fixed front wheel). I love that the front wheel can be set to swivel or lock in place -- I leave mine free to swivel because there are lots of turns in the trails next to my house. This stroller is good for jogging on uneven paved surfaces/sidewalks or paved trails that have leaves or other random debris. The thick, inflated wheels provide a good cushion when hitting bumps. I am 6'0" tall, and the adjustable handle bar enabled me to find just the right height for my arms (I tend to run with just one hand on the bar, it turns that easily). The stroller collapses well and fits in the trunk of my Honda Civic. My daughter is now 15 months, and she loves riding in this and putting her feet up on the foot bar and "lounging". Overall, this stroller enabled me to get exercise during the work week while my husband was busy in night school. I highly recommend this to any parent who is looking for a sturdy multi-terrain stroller for regular jogging. The only maintenance I have had to do is pump up the tires every now and then (pump included). The water bottle holder is another useful accessory that is included.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT a jogging stroller, April 4, 2012
This review is from: Bumbleride Indie Stroller, Lava (Baby Product)
Bumbleride markets the Indie as an "Urban Jogger" and states it can be used for jogging a few miles per week. After just a couple months of light jogging with my Indie, I started having issues. Now, after just a year, it shakes horribly. Bumbleride does have AMAZING customer service though as they have been working with me to fix the issues (they've sent out a new back axles, new wheels, and finally a new frame - so they do get 5 stars for customer service!). If you're not using this as a jogging stroller, you will love it. If you jog at all, get the Bob.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Stroller on the market!, February 10, 2012
I had my baby in September 2010 and had started with the Chico travel system. I was frustrated with how hard it was to fold and how uncomfortable it seemed for my daughter. One of my girlfriends had sent me a list of must have baby items and this was at the very top. I decided it was time for a change and bought the 2011 Indie bumbleride in Seagrass.

At first I was just so happy to have such a beautiful stroller. The colors are great, the material is quality, and the frame is gorgeous. I feel pretty good pushing my daughter around in such a pretty stroller.

After I started using it regularly I fell in love. The ride is beyond smooth. I jog and we often go to the park and this handled the terrain perfectly. I also can't get over how easy it is to fold up, and it's light weight. I am so happy with my purchase of the Bumbleride and constantly talk about it.

I recently upgraded to the jet blue 2012 model to give grandma the old one and we are beyond thrilled with our bumblerides. This was the best money I spent on a baby product and I can't recommend it enough! Enjoy your bumbleride!

2.0 out of 5 stars Be warned - it's the 2012 model, January 16, 2014
Unfortunately Amazon is still selling the 2012 model (in 2014) and I was expecting the 2013! Very disappointed to get this shipped all the way to Australia and realise I've paid the same amount of money for an old model. Amazon has been incredibly difficult to deal with after this mix-up.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Stroller Ever + AMAZING customer service!, May 8, 2012
IT'S LIKE PUSHING A CLOUD!!! The stroller is very easy to maneuver. It's great to take out on walks, hikes, on the plane, etc. It was the lightest stroller that we found, and this was important to us because I didn't want my wife to throw out her back each time she took it in and out of the car!

After taking our stroller on the plane, the inner tubes popped (which, I found out was common with the air pressure changes of the plane)... and it just took one phone call to get the inner tubes replaced, quickly and efficiently! Ryan from Bumbleride provide EXCELLENT customer service.

The storage compartment is large enough to store the diaper bag plus any extra items we are carrying around. Also, we love that the seat can go "flat" and our son can nap in there for hours. The stroller is very stable... which is important now that he is a toddler and is moving around like crazy!

I would highly recommend this stroller without reservations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to love it..., April 12, 2012
This review is from: Bumbleride Indie Stroller, Lava (Baby Product)
This is an update to my previous review---

I've now had the Indie for about 6 months. Although I'm not sure there's anything better on the market (in terms of weight and features), I have run in to a number of problems with it.

Problem 1: The back wheel rim bent, and so the inner tub starter protruding out. I did not hit the wheel on anything or take it on a plane or do anything that I think would be abusive to the stroller... I walk a lot with it, but on sidewalks and parks. So this was surprising.
Problem 2: The harness that you strap baby into broke. Also not sure how this happened.
Problem 3: The zipper on my footmuff just broke, making it next to impossible to close it.
Problem 4: There is a safety recall/issue with the front wheel.
Problem 5: When locked, the front wheel is not straight (making it really a pain when jogging)
Problem 6: It's REALLY hard to adjust the seat

I contacted Bumbleride about some of these problems (except 3 and 5 and 6), and they responded immediately (like within hours), and sent me replacements for everything. However, even with very very good customer service, they still told me, for safety reasons, to discontinue use of my stroller until the new part arrived. The wheels and harness (they had to send the whole seat) took about 2 weeks each to arrive. I live in the city. I use my stroller every day. I can't just "discontinue use". Am I supposed to buy another stroller to use while my indie sits idly waiting for new parts? My stroller is under 6 months old and I've already had some relatively major problems with it, and out of the 6 months, I'd say a month of that I couldn't use it... So this isn't so good. But again, for the features and weight, I really don't know a better option, and at least their customer service is very good...

I have been using the bumbleride indie single 2011 in Ocean now for 4 weeks now, since my baby was born.
I LOVE it. I live in NYC, and it's been super convenient and great for strolls, and fits pretty easily into our outback. I haven't tried public transportation yet... don't think that will be so easy, but no comparable stroller would be (eg, bugaboo, vista, etc...).

The other strollers I considered were the city mini, and a real jogger (like the bob and the baby jogger).

Why I liked the competition:
I really liked how easy the city mini folds, and also it's 2 lbs lighter than the indie.

I liked how solid the bob felt, and that other people seem to swear by them.

Why I chose the Indie, and why I love it and have no regrets about getting it:

-It lays basically flat. Definitely flatter than the city mini, much much flatter than any of the other jogger/all terrains strollers. We ended up getting a carrycot on craigslist (because the ocean carrycot isn't available), and use it constantly, but it's definitely convenient to be able to be able to throw the stroller in the car without the bassinet and stroll our newborn around and know that he's flat and happy. I wouldn't feel as comfortable doing this with a stroller that only partially reclines.

-It's light. 20lbs. The city mini is 18lbs. All of the additional features of the indie made it worth the 2 lbs. Of course it would be great if it was lighter thought!

-Bigger air filled wheels. It is so smooth. I haven't had any flats or anything, and don't think the tires will be that hard to change (though we are a bike-crazy family, so are very used to changing tires).

-One handed steering. Most strollers are. But it's great.

-Good suspension and steering. It seems to go over basically any urban terrain I can throw at it. Potholes, curbs, glass, construction debris, grass, dirt... Haven't tried the beach yet, but will this weekend! My guy seems totally content in it. Also turns on a dime.

-Big canopy. It's very big. And it has a zippered small pocket. So convenient for phone and keys. (caveat, see below, small wish list). With the carrycot in, I can completely cover him using both canopies.

-Folds pretty easily. Not as good as city mini. But definitely SOO much easier than bugaboo and vista. I considered both of these in the store for about 2 minutes, until the guy in the store couldn't even figure it out. The indie is a 2 step, 2 hand process, and you sort of have to lean all the way over the handlebar to get both hands on the lever thing that you pull in step one of the process, which is not so easy. But it's doable. And it fits pretty compactly in the car (took some adjusting to find just the right position).

-Love the color and material. I got the ocean. It's really pretty, and doesn't have annoying logos all over it like most strollers (and indeed the jet indie). The material seems relatively breathable. Though my little one does seem rather sweaty when he comes out... On the other hand, I live in new york city, where it's very hot and muggy...

-Big basket. Seems pretty big and relatively easy, considering that I have the back completely down.

-Comes with car seat adapter and works with car seat adapter easily. I have the graco snugride35 carseat (on the recommendation of thecarseatlady), and it fits right in no problem. The adapter clicks out easily when I want to put the carrycot in.

-Converts to jogger. Haven't tried that as I'm only allowed to walk now, but will! Hope it's good, and allows me to do some "jogging" (eg, 2-3 miles on relatively flat surfaces).

Small wish list:
-I wish that the canopy pocket was a bit bigger.

-I wish that the rain shield and pump came with it.

-Don't love the cup holder... not sure how to improve it, but it's not great and gets caught constantly. Will take it off soon...

-Easier fold would be awesome. But it's not bad...

-I wish the jet color came with black trim, not blue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome! Love it!, September 25, 2012
Awesome maneuverability! Awesome for jogging of all terrain! I love how light weight it is and the basket is big and roomy! It looks really nice too :) The seat is nice and big so my 2 year old fits just fine with room to grow. Folds pretty compact for a jogging stroller so I love that too! Bumbleride has been a really good company to work with. I bought my stroller used and because there was a recall they had no problems sending me the kit to fix it.
I do wish The recline was a bar recline. The strap recline is hard to do with a child in the seat and gets stuck very easily! That is my only complaint!

5.0 out of 5 stars I am in love with this stroller, September 24, 2012
Dina (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
I bought this stroller without actually seeing one live. I live in Chicago and at the time I needed it, none of the stores within 50 miles radius had one in stock. So I read and watched a lot of reviews online and decided to risk it.
When it arrived, it was love at first sight.
Pros:
-It has almost flat lay down position for newborns. It's not completely 180 degrees flat, but almost there. I put a thick blanket inside and I am sure my baby can't tell the difference :)
-Maneuverability - it drives like a charm. It was important for me that I could handle it with one hand because when we go for a walk I keep my dog's leash in my other hand and this stroller is ideal for one hand operations. Recently I went to a big babies supplies store and they finally had Bumbleride in stock. Just out of curiosity I tried to push with one hand other strollers they had in stock, and then tried Bumbleride and it was still the best.
-Color - I got mine in read. Love it!
-Three inflatable all-terrain tires. This was a very important option for my family, since we do a lot of outdoorsy stuff.
-Great for jogging - I am sure there are better jogging strollers than Bumbleride, but since we are not marathon runners, it's great for us, plus we won't have to buy another stroller for jogging, so it will save some space.
-Not too heavy. Ok, it's not the lightest stroller, but I can fold it and put it in the trunk of my CRV with no problem. At first I was considering Mutsy 4Rider Light Single Strollers Team Red, but it was way too heavy.

Cons:
-The only con I could see right now is that you cannot reverse the seat so that you could push the stroller while facing your baby. I guess there are no three wheel strollers that could do that...

Bumbleride Indie Stroller, Lava