5.0 out of 5 stars As Expected
Fits our Bumbleride Indie stroller and works well with the car seat we picked. It is very easy to use. We were careful to chose a compatible car seat to the Indie. There is a list here in the product description.
Published 16 months ago by Laura Peltonen

3.0 out of 5 stars Functions as intended
Published 22 months ago by A. Ho

3.0 out of 5 stars Functions as intended, January 14, 2013
A. Ho (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bumbleride Indie Twin Universal Car Seat Adapter (Baby Product)
First off my wife and I have a new born and a 1.5yr old toddler. And we needed something that would fit our needs and lifestyle so we went with the Bumbleride Indie Twin. Since this is the only option available for a car seat adapter it gets a 5 star, but there are things that could be improved for security, ergonomics and use of this adapter so I had to lower the score down to a 3.

This car seat adapter for the Bumbleride Indie Twin works as described but it's not as secure as I'd hoped for the car seat.

When first installing the adapter the instructions don't clearly tell you which way the adapter should be inserted. You must place it so that the bar is closer to the seat for it to function properly. There is also a safety strap to make sure your carseat is secure but it is not as secure as I would have imaged it to be, and the strap can interfere with getting your baby in and out of the car seat as it must be unclasped to get at your baby. Unclasping the babyseat then poses the risk of the babyseat coming out while you're taking the baby out.

The car seat adapter acts much like putting your car seat on a shopping cart but with a safety strap. We have a Britax Chaperone car seat and had a B-Ready stroller for when we just had one child. The car seat with B-Ready was very secure and convenient to use. Basically made it one with the stroller base. Wife decided that she didn't like the idea of our kids riding tandem and she preferred the Bumbleride the most out of all the double-wide strollers.

So the benefit of this universal car seat adapter is that you can use any car seat you like.

In terms of use, the stoller does not fold with the adapter in place. I find that when closing the stroller with the adapter the stroller won't lock shut, it's about a quarter inch too far away. I am afraid if I try and force the stroller closed with it on it will break something.

As for removal of the adapter or any seat accessory for that matter (like the snack tray), the snaps to unlock the accessory are difficult to get to. I have average sized hands (medium sized gloves) and I have a difficult time with getting my fingers to the snaps. Others with larger hands may have even a more difficult time than I do.

As far as car seat fit goes, I can only speak to the fit of the Britax Chaperone seat, and it does fit. The safety strap goes were you would place the seatbelt when you are not using the car seat base. But as I mentioned earlier this interferes with getting your baby in and out of the seat. If you don't use it the car seat is not secure in the stroller.

If you need to carry two car seats I am not sure the stroller is wide enough to handle an additional carseat. The snack tray will not fit while the car seat adapter and car seat are in place, and I could not imagine a second car seat fitting on the stroller.

If you already own a Bumbleride Indie Twin, you really have no choice but to buy this adapter if you must carry a car seat. But if you are considering upgrading to Bumbleride Indie Twin from a single I recommend going into a physical store that carries a lot of different double strollers and trying it out. There's no ultimate solution for a newborn and a toddler, and no double stroller was clearly the winner. Bumbleride offered the best universal fit for car seats however. We were close to getting a City Select, but they did not have car seat adapters for Britax car seats, and Bugaboo was nice and light but didn't offer enough stability for an active lifestyle and also did not have a car seat adapter for our car seat.

(sorry for the scattered thoughts in this review)

5.0 out of 5 stars As Expected, July 25, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars works well, June 23, 2013
Fits the stroller perfectly and we can pop my little one in and out very easily in her graco car seat. No complaints.

4.0 out of 5 stars Has to be taken off to fold stroller... great otherwise, January 29, 2014
Easily clips in to stroller, car seat just sits in the opening. I don't strap it in because it seems very secure already. Works great, I just wish I could fold the stroller with all of these attachments on it!

3.0 out of 5 stars serves its purpose, March 29, 2013
This adapter works with our Britax Chaperone, although the car seat does not snap in. We don't like that you have to remove the adapter in order to get the Bumbleride Indie Twin to close completely.

4.0 out of 5 stars works, March 11, 2013
Works great, the straps are annoying, any straps are annoying. I wish it was a snap lock system. I gave it 4 stars cause it does what it needs to do and you can fold the stroller with it on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, November 16, 2012
This is an inexpensive solution that allows me to attach the carseat since my son is too small to be in the buggy alone. Awesome! I get comments from people everywhere I go about how convenient it is.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work!!, June 16, 2013
Car seat sat erect in stroller, baby would be sitting completely upright!! No way I would be able to use with a newborn or have older baby asleep in carseat on stroller with this attachment

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, March 28, 2013
Works like i had hoped. Fits so many types of car seats. Happy I don't have to have two strollers. He can grow with this one

4.0 out of 5 stars not super stable but was never really I, July 12, 2014
Wrks well, not super stable but was never really I. Fear of my baby falling out, so it was functional

Bumbleride Indie Twin Universal Car Seat Adapter