5.0 out of 5 stars Never been so glad something didn't go my way
After much intense research online I purchased the Bumbleride Flite. After a few days I started getting buyer's remorse mainly because of the price and some negative points that I read in others' reviews.
Published on March 29, 2012 by damma

3.0 out of 5 stars Great lightweight stroller! But collapses to easily.
As far as umbrella strollers go, this one is awesome! It feels substantial and good quality and It's very light and easy to fold - it is not a one handed fold, but I have found that most strollers that say they are one handed still take two hands. The fold is very quick though. I also love that there is a carrying strap.

The center of gravity isn't bad. I can...
Published on January 13, 2012 by Aerin M Fenn

5.0 out of 5 stars Never been so glad something didn't go my way, March 29, 2012
I tried to cancel my order and buy the Uppababy G-Luxe, but the order had shipped shortly before I had requested the cancellation. Needless to say, I was very upset because by this point I really wanted the G-Luxe. I had gone to the store and tested the G-Luxe and although it seemed a bit flimsy, it had a very large canopy and a decent size basket, was lighter than the Flite and cheaper also.
But as soon as I took the Bumbleride out of the box I noticed that the quality was much superior to that of the G-Luxe. Here are some reasons why I'm so glad that my cancellation didn't go through.

- The material was more like an expensive full-size stroller. The G-luxe's definitely felt of lower quality. The red color that I got is not too bright and flashy but enough to stand out.

- The basket, even though a bit small, is positioned so that you access it through the front. Although that might sound a bit inconvenient, you can grab things out of the basket even when the seat is reclined. With the Uppababy, you'll probably have to wait until you child wakes up because there's no way you can get much out when the seat is in the recline position.

- Even though both strollers say that their seats are 13 inches wide, it just feels much roomier in the Flite. My son looked more comfortable and actually looked like he can fit in the stroller for a couple more years. Not so much with the G-Luxe. My son is a very tall and big 21 month old, 37 inches and 32 lbs, and it looked like the Flite would accomodate him for at least a couple more years.

- G-luxe is lighter by 2 lbs, but I feel like with those 2 lbs it loses the sturdiness that the Flite has. When testing the G-Luxe without my son in it, it tipped over very easily. Forget hanging even a parent console in that thing. But the Flite is very sturdy and stable.

- Also, the fold is much more compact on the Flite. G-luxe would hang a bit when folded by at least a couple of inches more than the Flite.
They are both two-handed folds, FYI.

- The only thing that I would have to hand to G-luxe is that its canopy is much larger than the Flite. It would be nice if the Flite had an extra hidden pull out canopy like G-luxe.

Bottom line: If you are undecided on either the Flite or G-luxe, GET THE FLITE! You are paying extra, but you are getting so much more quality and sturdiness with the Flite.

**UPDATE: The Flite can be folded with one hand. I can safely and easily fold the stroller while holding my son. Just have to unlock each side separately and fold it down. Awesome!

***After 2 years I still really love this stroller. I have found that the canopy covers a lot more than I had first thought. It is a bit hard to open and close the canopy, so once I pulled it down really hard and realized that it had 2 more "notches". The coverage is really great!
One thing I do wish it had is better storage. I can't fit my diaper bag so I usually have to hang it on the handles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not 13 pounds! But still love it., July 12, 2012
Mama N (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bumbleride 2011 Flite Lightweight Compact Travel Stroller, Ocean (Baby Product)
Hi, I just received my flite in fog (movement edition), bought from another vendor, and it is gorgeous but I was sorely disappointed when I weighed myself carrying it and it turns out to be more like 16 pounds, esp. since the weight was part of what sold me. I also did a quick search and on thestrollerqueen.com site [..] it is listed as 15.5 pounds (I'm guessing they actually weighed it as well). Was just wondering if anyone else ever weighed theirs, want to find out if it's just mine that weighs this much.... thanks!

**edit** after having and using it for 2 months, really love it and am glad I made the purchase! Baby loves it too. Love that he can recline fully while napping and I can unzip the back part to have a clear, full view of him while sleeping. And sometimes i put the carseat adapter on just so baby has something to grab a hold of while sitting forward when he doesn't want to be laying back in the seat. Guess the extra pound or two is okay, still lighter than other comparable full-featured umbrella strollers.

Update: Sep 6, 2012: Still loving it! We've had a lot of problems with the recline strap, it has always been really, really tight and difficult to adjust, just kind of accepted it until a few weeks ago when I emailed Bumbleride directly about this problem. They asked for my order info and then immediately said they would ship me a replacement recline strap, free of charge. Bumbleride has AWESOME customer service!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great lightweight stroller! But collapses to easily., January 13, 2012

The center of gravity isn't bad. I can hang a lighter bag from the handles with no problem. The basket is small - but for a compact stroller, what do you expect? You access the basket from the front, so even when the seat is reclined it is easy to get to.

The steering is amazing! I easily steered it one handed through narrow isles while holiday shopping - something I never could have done with my travel system. Speaking of travel systems - you don't need one! This stroller comes with the adapter bar for the Graco (and other) car seat. An extra purchase with most other strollers!

My daughter is very comfortable in this stroller. She is only 4 months so I love the 5 point harness. She is very secure and the harness is easy for me to undo. I also really like the adjustable leg rest, it keeps her from looking like she is hanging out of the stroller.

I'm not sure why another posted said the sunshade was small. One of the reasons I chose this stroller over the Maclaren was the larger sunshade. I also love that the seat reclines almost flat.

I am very happy with my purchase!

*** I have now owned the stroller for 3 months, and although I am still happy with it, I had to go back and reduce my stars to only 3. This stroller folds very quickly and easily, which is great. However, the top folding bar that goes between the two handles has no sort of lock on it to keep it open. So it just so of starts folding while I'm pushing the stroller. The bottom bar locks, so I don't believe that the stroller will actually collapse but it still seems like a safety issue - or at least annoying while I am trying to push the stroller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy., February 23, 2012
My daughter is 3 years old and 41" tall. She still gets tired with too much walking and we have theme park season passes, so I definitely still wanted a stroller for her. We own a Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe travel system and she'd definitely outgrown the stroller (and had long since outgrown the car seat.) I needed a stroller that would fit her. I also wanted a stroller that wouldn't take up very much room in my crew cab truck (a truck bed is rendered useless when 1/2 of it is being taken up by a stroller!) and wouldn't be too hard to carry around. Enter the Bumbleride Flite.

The Bumbleride has a really tall seat back, and that's fantastic. My daughter's head still has a seat back to rest against and her head isn't brushing the underside of the canopy at all, she still has room to grow a little. Its also very solid; you forget its an umbrella stroller!

Other pros include really comfortable, durable, breathable fabric and a solid construction. The foot rest doesn't feel flimsy at all and is wider than other umbrella stroller foot rests that I've seen, so my daughter actually gets use out of it. The straps are very nicely constructed and made of very soft material with a very close knit. Said straps are very easy to adjust and to remove if needed. The buckle is super easy to operate. The handles are high enough for my 6'1" husband to push comfortably, but not so high as to be awkward for me (at all of 5'3") There's a parent cupholder that expands to fit slightly larger cups and bottles. I love that it has a snack tray for the kiddies that can be purchased separately from Bumbleride (but I can't review that, as I don't own it yet.) The stroller does NOT tend to tip backwards if heavy items are hung on the handles (I tested this with a loaded backpack and with a heavy leather purse, fully loaded.)

The ribs in the canopy are very thick and strong and the canopy mechanism is very, VERY solid. My kid had this annoying tendency to grab the canopy of her previous stroller and play peekaboo with it. She can't do that with the Flite, and that's awesome. The canopy stays put! On that same note, its also takes quite a bit of effort for the parents to open and close. The canopy unzips at the back to allow for airflow and living in South Texas, I love that!

The stroller reclines pretty flat and my daughter has room to nap in it. The seat is well padded and the seat cover is entirely and easily removable if the need ever arises.

The ride of the stroller is smooth and its very, very easy to push even one handed. The footprint of the stroller is very small (only 24"x19" and allows for easy maneuvering in tight spaces. Its so tiny when it folds up that it easily lays across my backseat floorboard if I need it to, or I can stow it away in a closet. The brakes are very easy to operate in shoes, sandals, socks, bare feet, anything.

Cons: The seat bottom is a little shallow. My kid is a little skinny thing and it doesn't bother her, but that might be an issue with larger, heavier children. The seat bottom also sits at an rearward incline due to the overall design of the stroller. The storage basket is there, but it might as well be non-existent. You can fit a purse or small diaper bag underneath there, I guess, but I wouldn't. The peekaboo window is mesh (presumably to allow for air flow) but there's no seeing through it, really, so its rather useless. The fold is the worst part of this stroller. Its far from one handed. It involves multiple steps and some finagling. You definitely couldn't do it if you were trying to carry a baby, or groceries, or anything for that matter. It takes both hands and a lot of patience. Its a good idea to make sure the brakes are firmly engaged as they don't always stay that way, even if you think they are. The handles are made of a "grippy" kind of foam and the texture really bothers me, but I think that's probably just a "me" thing.

The cons are so minimal that they really don't detract from this stroller. Its an awesome stroller at a good price point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stroller!, February 2, 2012
I'm a first time mom, and the Flite was the original stroller that I was looking at before my son was born. At the time I went into a local retailer and after some comparisons I purchased the Bumbleride Flyer. I was satisfied with the Flyer and all of the features that it has, such as reversible handle bar, reclining seat, large sun shade, etc. However, once I started to work out at a Mom's work out group I found that I needed to keep my BOB stroller in my car, since we don't have a garage, and that the two just weren't going to fit. I tried using my BOB as a "regular" stroller but it was just too large to use while shopping. So, I decided to keep with Bumbleride and also purchase the Flite as a companion to the BOB. Both the BOB and Flite fit nicely in my car. Here are some other highlights:

-My son smiled and continues to smile when he rides in this stroller. He is 3 months and the seat is every easy to recline so that he doesn't have to always be in his infant carrier which makes him hot and sweaty.
-The carseat adapter fits a Chicco KeyFit very well. I feel like the seat is very secure.
-The stroller is light weight. I will be flying without my husband soon and I plan to take this stroller with me and I feel like I will be able to balance this stroller, carseat, baby, and diaper bag all at once.
-The compact fold has a locking feature that you don't have to fumble with at all. I note this because you have to clip the BOB shut and manually lock the Flyer shut. I thought this was a nice feature, it makes it easier to fold up in a hurry.
-After locking the back wheels, the stroller can be rested against the wall and will stand up. This will be nice when the baby is out of the stroller and in a high chair.
-The material on the Fog and other movement editions are very nice. It's like a running shirt, and is supposed to help keep the baby cooler. This is important if you have a hot baby, or live in a warm climate. We travel to visit family in Hawaii, so I'm hoping this will help keep our baby cooler. The material feels soft to the touch and I'm impressed by it. Since I also own the Flyer in Ruby, I can say that the material is high quality of the "normal" line of Bumbleride strollers. My son seems to enjoy the print on the inside of the ruby and will look at the leaves for a little while when we use the Flyer.

Because nothing is perfect, it's important to note that this is not my husband's favorite stroller. It is shorter than the Flyer, and he said that he feels like this stroller is just a touch too short for him. He is 5'9", so he's not terribly tall. But it's not so short that he kicks it. And he misses the reversible handle which is really only avaiable on larger strollers. If you are tall, you may want to try the UppaBaby umbrella strollers. From my research I found they tend to run a few inches taller. I'm 5 feet tall, so this definately wasn't a deal breaker for me. :)

If I were to start my stoller shopping all over again, I would probably just purchase the Flite right off the bat and not purchase the Flyer. I say this because the Flite can accommodate an infant carrier and completely reclines and has such a compact fold. However, each stroller has it's pros and cons so I'm happy that we are a 3 stroller family. And I believe that the Flite really rounds out and fills the void of our stroller needs. The Flite and Flyer both eliminate the need for a "travel system" and will be useful for many years to come. If space is a concern, go with the Flite, if it is not, then go with the extra features of the Flyer.

5.0 out of 5 stars As close to perfect as possible for what we wanted!!, May 29, 2012
We were looking for a lightweight stroller (~12 lbs, give or take a lb or so) that's also comfortable for the baby. A flat recline and a good sun shade were the key things we were looking for. We looked at the usual suspects from Maclaren, Uppababy, Britax, Mamas And Papas, Combi etc. but none reclined enough to be anywhere close to flat, most had a tiny (and ineffective) sun shade and some didn't feel solid at all.

Then I stumbled on the Bumbleride Flite on Amazon quite by accident. It seemed to fit what we were looking for and we decided to take a risk and order it without seeing it in person. I'm glad we did -- it's turned out to be everything we had hoped for and more!

Our baby used to scream bloody murder when we tried to recline his previous stroller and would never fall asleep in it. But in the Flite, not only does he not complain about being reclined, he routinely takes long naps in it!

The sun shade has been a revelation. We were resigned to none of the lightweight strollers having a decent shade (other than the Uppababy G-luxe, which we didn't like for other reasons). But turns out the Flite's shade comes down quite a bit and provides excellent cover although neither the description on Amazon nor Bumbleride's site advertises this. I posted a picture of the fully extended shade under customer images on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/permalink/moQTUPJ6JC74UL/B004R9OSIA/).

All in all, this is by far the best lightweight stroller we could find for our needs. It may not be best for everyone (see the cons below), but from where I stand, it's nearly perfect!

Pros:
- Reclines to a very-near-flat position. It's not completely flat but by far the closest to flat we were able to find in a lightweight stroller.
- The sun shade is great and extends more than most others in this weight and price range.
- The storage basket is still accessible while the stroller is fully reclined, unlike several of the other lightweight strollers.
- The SPF coating on the sun shade is a nice touch (although I don't know how much it matters).
- We didn't use this stroller with a newborn but apparently, the stroller provides enough support for newborns (and I can believe that).
- Comes with the accessory to support most infant car seats although it's not quite the convenience of a travel system.
- Very stable and solid when folded, unlike some others that latch only on one side and feels like it may unfold easily.

Cons:
- Fold/unfold takes two hands. This is not a problem for us because we always put the child in the car seat before folding the stroller but this could be a problem if you, say, frequently take public transit and need to fold the stroller while holding the baby.
- The storage basket is small. Still, I prefer a small basket that's always accessible over a bigger one that's not accessible at all when the stroller is reclined (as is the case with the Maclaren Quest and some others). So, again not a problem for us.
- The harness straps are thin and twist easily. On the other hand, this seems to be a problem with all lightweight strollers.
- The sun shade takes a bit of effort to extend the first few times. But it smooths out pretty soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect umbrella & regular stroller in one..., April 19, 2013
Absolutely love this stroller! Wish I had bought it with my first son, instead of wasting money on a big expensive stroller. It's perfect for travel, glides easily, goes flat for baby to lay, 55lb weight capacity, but is light (13lbs), can carry a car seat & pram, yet is still an umbrella stroller! How cool is that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not only a good umbrella stroller, but possibly the only stroller you need, May 17, 2012
Suzie Q (Palo Alto, CA) - See all my reviews
It's true there is no perfect stroller, but this one is pretty good. We've ended up with 3 different strollers: A Bugaboo Bee- All Black a Graco SnugRider Infant Car Seat Stroller Frame, and now this one which I bought for travel. The Graco is great for errands and I keep it in the car, but I feel badly leaving my daughter in it for long periods. The Bugaboo is cushy and comfortable for long walks, but it's awkward to travel with and got damaged the last time we took it on a trip. We travel a lot because our parents live on the opposite coast, so being able to bring our car seat through the airport easily is HUGE.

I had very specific criteria:

1. Needs to fully recline so our baby can sleep comfortably on long walks
2. Needs to take a car seat (and specifically a Graco)
3. Lightweight
4. Decent sun protection

Nice to have:
- Newborn capability for future children

While this was more expensive than some of the Umbrella strollers I looked at, it was the only one I could find that met all of my criteria. Many lower-end umbrella strollers don't recline, and very, very few take Graco car seats (or car seats at all), which is so important for getting through the airport with all our gear when we travel. The Graco IPO Stroller - Platinum is relatively heavy at 17 pounds (that extra 5 pounds makes a difference). I looked at many, many more, but this was the only one that ticked all the boxes. I figured it was better to spend $250 on something that actually solves my problems than $100 on something that isn't really any better than what we already have.

This stroller was the only one that checked all the boxes. We sailed through the airport with it, and my daughter could sprawl out when we took walks along the ocean. It's light, easy to use, and comfy for our daughter. It has an infant bassinet insert, which will be amazing when we have another baby! Honestly, we love our Bee, but this stroller does everything the Bee does except turn to a parent-facing position, and it costs less than half the price. For new parents, unless you're planning to bring your baby on incredibly rugged trails (for which I'd recommend a Bjorn instead) THIS IS THE ONLY STROLLER YOU REALLY NEED (besides a snap n' go type thing for your car).

It's true that there isn't a lot of storage space underneath, but my suggestion is to get a Skip Hop Pronto Changer Diaper Bag, Black instead of a diaper bag. It fits everything you need and only takes up a teeny tiny bit of space.

Yes, the recline function is an O-ring vs. a lever. It's not a big deal, and on the bright side, it allows for infinite positions to ensure your little one is comfy!

You can fold it one handed by releasing one side at a time. It's not the easiest in the world, but it is possible once you get the hang of it. Can your fancy simple fold stroller take a car seat once you get the hang of it? I think not.

This stroller is sturdy, pretty, and does everything you need. It even made it over cobblestones and tough terrain a few times on our trip. It isn't perfect, but I challenge you to find something better if you want a lightweight, easy-travel stroller!

2.0 out of 5 stars After 1 year of use, I wouldn't purchase again, May 3, 2012
This is my first review, but I find everyone else's reviews so helpful that I thought I'd share the experience I've had with this stroller. I ordered the Bumbleride Flite 2011 in Lava for our first child in Feb. 2011. I've been using it for over a year now, and here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
-Lightweight. This is the primary reason I bought it, and at 11 lbs., it's delivered on that.
-Pretty compact. It fits in a small trunk (Hyundai Tiburon coupe) with a pack n play as well. It can also be stored in our small coat closet with a vacuum.
-Canopy or sunshade provides a good amount of coverage.
-I like the zipper pocket on the back to store keys, cell phone, etc.
-The colors are fresh and fun, but I ended up getting it in black because I wanted it to work with all my kids.

Cons:

-Storage is horrible. I have a Petunia Picklebottom regular Boxy diaper bag, which is on the larger side, and it doesn't even come close to fitting underneath. I have to hang it on the handles and if my daughter isn't in the stroller, it will tip. If I fold my Ergo carrier and store it underneath, nothing else will fit.

-The cup holder is detachable and flimsy; it comes off of its hook very easily. It has since been lost because of this.

-Hard to open and close. I thought since it is so lightweight that this would be easy, but it requires two hands and quite a bit of physicality. The latches on the sides required to lock and release stick making it very difficult to open. It also doesn't always lock properly and when I go to pick it up by the shoulder strap, will often fly open. If only it would do that when I WANT it to open.

-Hard to maneuver. It is not really meant for anything other than smooth sidewalk or smooth clean surfaces. In tight spaces, like at the mall or in crowds, it's very hard to handle.

-The back reclines not with a latch system, but by pulling on a cord. It requires both hands. It's cumbersome; I let it down as far as it would go once, and I can't seem to get it to sit completely upright again, even with the cord pulled as far across as it will go.

-The handle bar isn't adjustable. I don't really find this a problem (I'm 5'1") but my husband who is 6'2" does.

-I didn't really think about this beforehand, but it is such a pain to have to install the bar/car seat adapter. I never thought this would be an issue, but as a first-time parent and stay at home mom, I soon learned that going to the grocery store or post office alone with a baby is a whole new process, and one extra step is definitely unwanted. The slots to stick the adapter are also not very easy to find.

After about 14 months of use, I would NOT buy this again. In fact, the quality of this product for the price makes me hesitant to buy from Bumbleride at all. I paid about $220, and I was expecting more. After using other friends' strollers, I realized there were nicer, more practical and well-made products for around the same price. I would compromise a little extra weight for more storage, maneuverability, and overall functionality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why I Bought This Stroller..., July 1, 2013
After 21 months of using this stroller, I can now confidently say, "I'm so glad I bought this stroller."

After endless hours of researching, I finally made a decision based on my philosophy of parenting!
I asked myself, do I want a super fancy, expensive, heavy but comfy stroller that I'm going to use ALL THE TIME and I want my child to stay in the stroller for prolong periods of times? Do i want to spend a lot of money on a stroller?

And I said no.

I want ONE STROLLER that is light weight but has it all.

The Bumbleride Flite is that stroller.

1. It's LIGHT- but it has all the bells and whistles i wanted!
2. It reclines & has an adjustable footrest - good for naps
3. Large canopy w/ SPF.
4. It has a universal ADAPTER- included! No need for another "snap n' go" cart thing, that my BRITAX wouldn't even be compatible with! It's light too so it's basically the same thing as a carseat stroller frame. No need for another piece of equipment to clutter your life!
5. It's solid, but it's still light weight! So easy to take anywhere!!! But it's not going to fall apart! It is made very well!

CONS:
1. it is expensive considering it is an umbrella stroller- however, being lightweight w/ all it's functions, I'm glad I chose this stroller. There probably are other strollers that are less expensive that does what Bumbleride does, but based on reviews and research, I chose this company.

PRO & CON: it's not that comfortable for the child. It's a pro in my opinion because I like that my child prefers to walk instead of relying so much on the stroller. It may be a reason not to get this stroller- it's not that comfortable so your child may not want to stay in it for too long!