4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, Good materials, Not so good design!
I've been using these knifes for over a month. I haven't had any problems with the quality, but they are designed poorly for chopping. The heel/bolster of the knife is in the way to properly chop any vegetables.

Published on August 12, 2011 by Jeffrey

2.0 out of 5 stars A good bargain with a flaw
This is a good price for a versatile set of ceramic knives. They are wicked sharp and cut well. But I agree with another review, they are designed wrong for chopping or slicing veggies, or for sharpening the whole blade.

Published on October 4, 2011 by Opti Mystic

2.0 out of 5 stars A good bargain with a flaw, October 4, 2011
This review is from: Bundle Monster Complete Series - 9 piece Ceramic Cutlery Knives Set (6" Chef's, 6" Santoku, 4" Utility, 3" Paring, and 1 Peeler) White Knife Blade and Sheath

The problem is the bolster at the end of the handle. It drops to the bottom of the blade and below. This may seem like a nit but to me it's not. The way I cut veggies is with a "pull, lift and push, pull..." circular motion, using the whole length of the blade. It's fast. But the bolster interferes with using the whole length of the blade, especially the edge near the handle. For the same reason, you can't sharpen the bolster end of the blade in a diamond sharpener -- the bolster won't let you.

Now, if you just want to try out ceramic and don't expect to sharpen them (the edge lasts forever, well, about 10x longer than steel), then these are a great buy. But if you cut like I do, or want to sharpen them, check out the another set, like the Shenzhen set.

Do remember ceramic is about as brittle as glass, and may shatter or break if dropped, bent or banged into frozen stuff or bone. So don't. But again, for a quick tryout of ceramic, a good bargain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, Good materials, Not so good design!, August 12, 2011

Revised....The new design has outdated my previous review. It looks as if they have changed it so the bolster isn't protruding past the blade. I'll have to up my rating now even though I bought the previous style which aren't as good as these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bolster gets in the way for chopping., November 3, 2011
I wanted to get a second set of ceramic knives as the family is always fighting over who gets to use the ceramic knives!

Thought these were a pretty good deal for 4 knives and a peeler.

I actually like sharpness of the knives. However there is one MAJOR flaw in the design. There is no clearance for your hand, as the bolster is set parallel to the blade edge, which means your fingers are level if not past the blade, so you can't chop without smashing your fingers/knuckles against the cutting board surface.

And I also own the Kyocera DS-50 Ceramic Knife Sharpener, and the way the bolster is situated, prevents me from sharpening the lower half of the knife edge.

While other reviewers are correct that it's a good price, given that it is of limited use in the kitchen (can't chop or re-sharpen fully), I wouldn't recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality for a Great Price, April 9, 2012
Knives are weighted well and extremely sharp. I was surprised by the quality of the knives for the price. A recommended buy for ceramic knife lovers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bundle Monster Review, August 5, 2011
These were priced substantially lower than at other retail outlets and I had it in my mind that if the price was affordable I would try them. Good choice for me for a change. These are very good knives for the money. It is imperative that one reads the instructions and usage papers as they are not a knife that will replace your carving or boning knives.
All in all they are a great buy and I would buy them again.
As always, Amazon does a great job getting their products to the customer in a timely fashion even with FREE Shipping.
Good Company, good product selections and great pricing. What more is there?

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and sharp, January 12, 2012
I bought this knives six or seven months ago and have used them a bunch. I love them. They are very sharp and very sturdy. Being kind of cheap price wise I was expecting a cheap knife but they are really a nice set.
They have a black plastic handle that is real strong. I wish they came with a block or a nice sheath, but they don't. I have been very careful with them and they look and cut like the day I received them.
I now am a believer in ceramic cutlery. From now on I will only buy ceramic knives for the kitchen. They clean easy and stay sharp for a long time. Much longer than any metal knife I have ever owned.
Thanks for the great products Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my new knives, January 12, 2012
I've never had ceramic, but I researched carefully before buying these knives... I've got to say I'm very impressed. So far they've cut through everything like it's butter. They are light, which is a relief when carrying them around all day, as I use them for work, as a cook. I love the fact they come with sheaths for each of them although I wasn't too thrilled with the fact the sheath was a bit short and didn't fit the santoku knife properly. The other sheaths fit perfectly though, and other than that, my knives are wonderful so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Product, January 18, 2012
These knives are great. They cut very well and makes preparing meals extremely easy. I would highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ceramin knives are the best, December 30, 2011
Everyone should have a ceramic knife in thier kitchen. Not only is it incredibly sharp for a very long time, but it cuts thin slices of meat so much better than most metal knives. I've had some of the best metal knives, but I always hated sharpening them. And this is an incredible price for this whole set.

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says, October 12, 2011
its well packed. sharp and cuts everything. not the best to cut tomatoes as it doesnt have teeth and tends to slip if tomato is not firm..

Rate and Discover Movies