4.0 out of 5 stars Good bags, but sizing may be an issue
Since I couldn't find definitive specs or reviews about the actual sizing, I figured I'd give them a try. If they didn't work for the lenses, I have many other things I could do with them.

Published on September 6, 2012 by TS

3.0 out of 5 stars They smell
These lens pouches are very good, but they have a semi strong petroleum smell. Your hands will smell like gasoline after handling them for even a short time. This smell has not gone away even after about 3 weeks.
Published 23 months ago by Saeed

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bags, but sizing may be an issue, September 6, 2012
This review is from: Bundle Monster 4pc. Padded Neoprene Compact DSLR Camera Lens / Lense Protector Pouch Bag Kit For Canon, Nikon, Etc (Camera)

Overall, they're made of solid materials. I wouldn't carry a lens in a pouch hanging off my belt, since there's only a single stich around the bottom and a popped stitch could cause it all to unravel and drop the lens... but they look solid for protecting the lens in a bigger bag.

The specs say "Small: 8" x 3.9", Medium: 10" x 5.5", Large: 10" x 7.0" and Extra Large: 10" x 8.6" (Diameter Opening x Depth of Bag)". I realized the diameters were wrong before I bought them (maybe they're in centimeters?) but decided to get them anyway. The diameter of the small is ~2.75" and the others ~3.75". The depths are close; S ~4.25", M ~5.5", L ~7.0", XL ~9.75". That's to the bottom of the nylon where the cord runs, not flush at the top. Oh, and the nylon around the top means that the top opening doesn't stretch.

Of course, the question is... will my lenses fit? Here are a few I've tried:
Tamron 18-270 with hood fits in the Medium bag.
Tokina 11-16 fits in the Medium bag... but with the lens hood attached (reversed), you have to tilt it into the bag at an angle and wiggle a bit.
Canon 70-200 fits into the XL bag if you remove the hood and tripod mount ring, but it's snug.

As a rule of thumb, lenses that take a 77mm filter should fit, as long as the body isn't too much wider than the filter. Lens hoods probably won't fit. Assuming of course that the vendor doesn't change the sizing...

I don't have any lenses small enough for the small bag... but it's a nice little bag, I'm sure I'll find a use for it.

For the price, great bags overall... but the sizing may not work for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars They smell, October 21, 2012
However, they are adequately padded to protect your lenses. The inside measurements are approximately what you see below. Please remember that closing the pouch with the drawstring would make each pouch a bit shorter.
As I mentioned, you can close the pouch using the drawstring. They each have a belt clip and a belt loop. It would have been good if the belt clip was removable. I don't like the clip hanging loose when I put a pouch in my camera bag.
Personally, I wouldn't buy anything like this again and I would not recommend them, because of the smell. If they didn't have the annoying smell, they would have been excellent lens pouches.
Also, I think in most cases, the larger two pouches will not be used by most people. They seem to be too big for most lenses non-professional photographers have. I think professional photographers know exactly what pouch they want, and they know where to buy it from. So, I would recommend buying only a pouch or two that you are going to use instead of four that you would use only one or two from.

Inside height~4.5 -- diameter~2.5
Inside height~5-3/4 -- diameter~3-1/4
Inside height~7.5 -- diameter~3-1/4
Inside height~9.5 -- diameter~3-1/4

5.0 out of 5 stars these are awesome!, June 9, 2012
Happy with my recent purchase. They are heavy weight, keep my lenses protected and clean and have a convenient hook so they can be attached to a belt loop for easy access.

1.0 out of 5 stars Getting your lenses in is a real issue, January 4, 2013
I bought these as a cheap way to pack my non L lenses (I own an EF 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 50 f/1.4 USM, EF 100 f/2.8 USM macro) but putting them inside these bags is pretty difficult, specially with the hood attached downwards. To make them fit you have to remove the hoods, which I don't like at all. The only ones that barely got in were the 28-135 and the 70-300.
Another issue, compared to the canon lens pouches is that the bottom of the pouch doesn't have any kind of reinforcement. It's just neoprene, bringing no extra protection in case of a small hit or to leave them standing on a desk.
The product is well built and the price is really low, but I wouldn't recommend buying them to store your beloved lenses.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lens cases?, July 30, 2013
I guess they would work for some Lens; but not any that I own. The bags are unusual in sizing for camera lens...maybe they were originally made for something else.

Biggest problem is I don't know what they are made of, but they have a very high and unpleasant petroleum odor that gets on your hands and was present in the box that it was shipped in. I would be worried to use them in my camera bag as the odor may infiltrate the other contents.

Might work out for something if not for the smell. Not recommended for others.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality and care, December 26, 2012
These are wonderful lens cases. Padded, neoprene, and know that lenses are well kept when stored! HIghly recommend to anyone...

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product, December 24, 2012
Was very surprised how fast my product arrived and the product itself is better than I expected. Really pleased with the purchase and i'm my husband will love it once he opens it up on Christmas Morning!! Thanks :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality product for transporting your expensive lenses, October 28, 2012
Amazon Customer "Bob D." (New Bern, North Carolina United States) - See all my reviews
I only needed three of these lens pouches, but got all four in a set anyway because the price was right and I thought they would be just what I wanted. They were. They have both a clip for carrying on a belt, and a drawstring to close the top to protect the lens from falling out. I'd prefer them to be a bit smaller, but in spite of their rather large size I am very satisfied with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars neoprene bags, August 22, 2012
Very well constructed, good for storing camera lens. The only drawback is the smell. It's a petroleum odor. I washed them 4 times then put them in a bag with baking soda...hopefully the smell will go away at some point so I can use them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy bags, June 5, 2012
LBGyrl (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
These pouches are padded and sturdy enough for multiple camera lenses. I like the fact that they also can also clip as an attachment to my camera bag.

Rate and Discover Movies