Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on September 1, 2013
I ordered these to clean my Pax vaporizer by Ploom and it definitely does the job well! They are nice and soft and just the right size. Also the little pieces of cotton do not come off and stay in my Pax. Very good quality and great value would buy again :) DEFINITELY!
Pipe cleaners and pipe accessories are getting harder to find these days. They were once carried in local drug stores 'round these parts. But then they started to slowly go that-a-way there, but were still available in smoke shops. Now that smoke shops are far from a safe business investment pipe cleaners are unfortunately a victim of the crisis. These ones available here on Amazon are pretty much the norm as far as size, thickness, and quality as I have used over the years. (Don't confuse these with the craft style kind that are much longer. Those are usually much too thick to get a cleaning job done). These cleaners work well for me as I really do use them to clean my smoking pipes, and really not much else. It's true that they flake somewhat during use as other reviewers here have mentioned, but I really don't think it's much worse than others I have experienced. A good idea with any pipe cleaner is to run a barely dampened paper towel or cloth over it before using it which will usually take away a lot of the loose fiber. And, being just a little damp actually helps the cleaner work a little better in my opinion. These cleaners are very reasonably priced here on Amazon and always available. Recommended for a good clean smoke...
on October 10, 2011
Bought these primarily to clean my AR15 with. The problem is that they will leave bits of the pipe cleaner everywhere. The regular pipe cleaners will not do that, at least that has been my experience.
on September 21, 2011
Hmmm.... I wonder what kind of a review a person could possibly write about a pipe cleaner? They are a very simple and functional object, and it's hard to imagine how a pipe cleaner could be bad, or broken, or need repair, or whatever. Either they clean the pipe or they don't. I have used several brands in the 50-odd years I have been puffing, some domestic, some English or others made in Europe, and have yet to be disappointed. Some could have been a tad more absorbent, I suppose, but on the other hand, maybe I should not have waited so long to clean the pipe in the first place, so who's to blame there? Not the cleaner, I suspect. Maybe the smoker.

And another thing, how many pipe cleaners in this day and age, governed and dominated as it is by the self-righteous and sanctimonious tobacco Nazi's that have pushed honest pipe smokers to the fringes of the public world, are actually used to clean pipes, but are rather used for kiddy art projects at nursery school, by mechanics to clean machine parts, and a host of other functions completely unrelated to the glorious, comforting and harmless art and pastime of pipe smoking?

Ah well, I'm completely happy with these items. They arrived on time, as advertised, and do their humble job well - they clean a tobacco pipe, period. You can't ask for more than that. Except maybe for the repeal of all anti-smoking laws everywhere.
55 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2013
Although they were promptly shipped and well packed - these pipe cleaners are far to malleable to be used as proper pipe cleaners, especially on bent pipes. I found them to be too thin (insufficient cotton bristle) and too soft.

Possibly, they are very good for artistic work or for some other purposes.... not for your favourite briar!
on May 22, 2012
The material falls right off the pipe cleaners, like a cattail. Rather than having cleaned the tobacco from my pipes, my pipes are now stuffed with fluffy residue,
on July 23, 2015
-3 Bundles
-132 pack (44 ct. per bundle)

I love using pipe cleaners! They make cleaning smoking pipes very easy. The flexibility of the cleaners make it easier to get hard-to-reach places! I like that the pipe cleaners come in 3 bundles with 44 each for a conveniently low price! There are times where there will be some loose fibers that may shed from the wiring. I would recommend dampening them with a towel and then try cleaning. I only use these kinds of pipe cleaning for smoking pipes unlike the crafting one that are much thicker and lengthy in size and would make cleaning more complex. Overall, this is a good product for the money, and I would recommend it.
on February 2, 2012
alot of extra lint material doesnt really clean it just picks up anything that will stick to it, very cheap cloth material where a more plastic type of pipe cleaner would have been handy

dont even want to give these to kids to play because of all the lint type material left over from just touching these
on January 14, 2016
I would give five stars but I have one small nag with the product. They're fuzzy. I know they are supposed to be, but these shed way more then other ones I have used. I have to shake and then blow them with a blast of air otherwise I clean my pipe then get fuzzy in my mouth the next time I use it.
on August 1, 2015
These work great for glass pieces with 90% iso. I have a skinny, curved one-hitter that a q-tip will not fit in & is super annoying to clean, but these fit in them perfectly & curves to the shape of the glass. If you're using this for glass or with any liquid cleaner, it's great.

For a Pax... not so much. You obviously can't use a soaking wet pipe cleaner in it. So it has to only be dampened with iso. Which is a problem. These cleaners shred easily. Lint gets all over the inside and you have to use a long skinny tool to push the lint out of the chamber, and then use little pointed tweezers to pick the rest out. If you hold it up to a light, you can see the tunnel being blocked with lint. If you run your fingers over a dry one, a few pieces of lint come off.

The only tip I have to cut down on it is to insert the cleaner one way, and remove it by pushing all the way through and pulling out through the opposite end. Do not pull it out the same end you pushed it and don't push it in & out repeatedly. This doesn't eliminate the lint but it does help lessen it. Even though this is a gripe, I would still recommend it. The flaws are worth the handiness.