4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, nice product
Published on May 19, 2011 by jed94

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as sturdy as it looks
We purchased this bed hoping for the best.
What I like about it:
-Good Price for hard to find Full Bunks.
-Easy assembly instructions
-Came with all the parts
-Has two support beams length direction of the bed for the top bunk.
What I don't like:
-Smells funny; like being trapped inside an artificial cedar box. (Not from experience)...
Published on February 1, 2011 by Skeptic

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as sturdy as it looks, February 1, 2011
This review is from: Bunk Bed Full over Full in Espresso
We purchased this bed hoping for the best.
What I like about it:
-Good Price for hard to find Full Bunks.
-Easy assembly instructions
-Came with all the parts
-Has two support beams length direction of the bed for the top bunk.
What I don't like:
-Soft wood, Scratches easily
-Picture is not accurate; hardly any head room for my three year old to sit upright on the bottom bunk.
-Tiny dowels for connecting top to lower bunk, a little thicker than a pencil.
-Legs should have been twice as thick/ Very Shakey

Would I buy it again? Yes, but only based on the free shipping and small price tag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, nice product, May 19, 2011
This review is from: Bunk Bed Full over Full in Espresso
Putting the beds together was a fun adventure, but don't let that scare you off, you can do it! ...just give yourself plenty of time, a partner and perhaps a cocktail. I didn't feel the pegs used to hold the top bunk on were substantial enough, so I had to find a metal alternative. I like that I can take the ladder on and off so my younger child doesn't climb up when I'm not looking. Taking it on and off scratches the wood, but that's a small price to pay to keep my toddler from falling. All in all, these bunks fill the need, will hopefully grow with my children into their teens and were a great price!

2.0 out of 5 stars Like sleeping in a submarine, June 29, 2012
This review is from: Bunk Bed Full over Full in Espresso
Each bed is sturdy and as two separate full beds would be great. The small spindle used to secure the bunk beds together is questionable. However the biggest issue is my 4 year old grandson cannot sit up in the bottom bunk and an adult cannot sit even on the side of the bed to kiss him goodnight! An adult cannot sleep on his/her side. While the price is great, beware! I would not buy this bunk bed again because only a toddler can sleep on the bottom bunk bed pretending he is in a submarine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bunk Bed, May 18, 2011
This review is from: Bunk Bed Full over Full in Espresso
The bed was shipped very quickly and my son loves this bed. We did have some issues while putting it together, some of the holes were not drilled in the correct spots on the ladder. But after drilling new holes it went up fine and seems to be built very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bed for a great price, April 10, 2014
This review is from: Bunk Bed Full over Full in Espresso
Great bed for the price. Sturdier than expected and has to handled my 9 and 11 year old well over the last year or so. Plus they look nice and work well as separate beds. Just remove the side rail. Very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good!, February 12, 2013
This review is from: Bunk Bed Full over Full in Espresso
these beds have already come in handy with out of town family. the two full beds are fantastic and accomodated 1 adult and three kids no problem. it is as easy to put together as anything i have ordered and had to assemble. everything lined up and was a breeze! thank you and if i found the need, i would definitely buy another...i highly recommend it (i usually dont recommend much). thanks again, great product!

3.0 out of 5 stars Color wrong, and the assembly was much harder than it needed to be., February 7, 2013
This review is from: Bunk Bed Full over Full in Espresso
The bed isnt really espresso. Its more of a honey color. It is solid wood, and looks as described. The biggest issue I had was the at the holes were not pre-drilled well at all. I had to re-drill several myself. It seems like a little more work on their part could have made the installation a lot easier.

3.0 out of 5 stars Closness, February 4, 2013
This review is from: Bunk Bed Full over Full in Espresso
The bunk bed was somewhat easy to put together with 2-3 people. The in between distance between the bottom bunk and top bunk is very close. Please don't go by the picture, the bottom bunk is not meant for a teen. Other than that the bed is sturdy and good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied!, January 11, 2013
Lawrence H. Chapman (Birmingham, AL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bunk Bed Full over Full in Espresso
This set is very sturdy when put together and looks great for the price. The bottom bunk does look tight, but that is partly due to it being a full set rather than a twin. I bought this set for occasional use for girls in elementary school and it works well for that. Very satisfied.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lower bunk too cramped, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Bunk Bed Full over Full in Espresso
If you are looking for two full beds this set will work fine. But for bunk beds, forget it. As noted in other reviews, and emphasized here, the space between the top and bottom bunks is simply not enough. Try it yourself. The product specifications state that there are 30 inches between the bottom slats and the top slats. Add a thin 8 inch mattress and now you only have 22 inches. Imagine trying to sit up and read in that space. Even the brave will turn claustrophobic.

Bunk Bed Full over Full in Espresso