1,158 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, we will see about durability: Update III
Published 21 months ago by David B. Lewis

1,209 of 1,240 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Product Looks Great But...Big But!!!
Published 21 months ago by tgabriele96

1,209 of 1,240 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Product Looks Great But...Big But!!!, October 29, 2012
This review is from: BunnyK Expandable Garden Hose 50 FT
When I ordered this product after watching various video reviews I was very excited. I got the product within 2 weeks which is good delivery time. When I attached hose it worked exactly as promised. Then pop. Hole in hose. Dead product! Nylon fiber is total garbage. Whenever you pull your hose over concrete the nylon frays then the hose will pop. If you notice on the video that the site promotes the concrete is painted to try to make as frictionless as possible. However, in the real world we have concrete, bricks other plants that we need to move the hose around, etc. This hose is just not durable at all. I would not buy. I am trying to return for my money back. I will update once I get credit to see how fast I get my money back or if I get it at all.

Very disappointed with this product!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, we will see about durability: Update III, October 22, 2012
This review is from: BunnyK Expandable Garden Hose 50 FT
In October we added a new Jetta to the household and I'm motivated to wash it weekly since there is a lot of construction dust in our neighborhood. This hose remains functional, easy to use and (IMHO) a good addition to the tool box. I'm using it about once a week right now with a Mr. Clean Dry Wash system. I've added quick disconnects to the hose and it is working just fine.

I'm STILL a little disappointed by the quality of the plastic on the connectors, but it is still holding up fine.

One thing I do notice (and mentioned before) is that this hose does not allow the same volume of water as a regular hose. That may not be a bad thing here in California where we are looking at another drought, but other folks might be bothered by it.

All in all, I am quite happy with it.

We have a lot of small outside washing jobs that needs to get done on a regular basis and this looked like a great way to get them done more easily.

Being HIGHLY skeptical of As Seen On TV stuff, I looked up consumer tests, BBB findings and the reviews here on Amazon before I ordered.

I am puzzled by the reviews on Amazon, especially those that claim the fittings do not match their bib fittings (faucets). The Hose I got matched all the fittings I have with no trouble and when I "charged it up" it extended to the full 50+ feet with no problems. My 12-year-old was delighted and the 14-year-old found it "vaguely disturbing" that the hose would inflate and deflate as it does.

The concept is pretty simple: Large diameter surgical tubing inside a sheath that expands and contracts under hydraulic pressure. My only concern is about how durable the covering will be over time.

Pros:

- Performs as shown and promised
- Light weight
- Easy to store
- Fun to watch -- amuse the kids and amaze the neighbors

Cons:

- Smaller diameter than my regular hose = a little lower water volume
- Concerns about the durability of the covering
- Will it be thorn proof?

I'll update this in 90 days.

UPDATE!!!

Ok, more than 90 days later and it is still doing the job. Please note that I am fairly careful with it:

- no dragging it through the rose bushes
- don't leave it out in the sun
- drain it after use
- Carefully installed quick connects

I will say that I am highly suspicious of the original plastic fittings. They appear to be an inexpensive polycarbonate that will not stand up to extended periods in the sun.

All that said, I love hose for washing the car. It is light and it coils itself after use.

UPDATE #2

A year later and it is still working fine for me. I mostly use it for washing the car with the Mr Clean attachment, so it is NOT getting heavy use, but it is getting regular use and seems like it will last a while longer.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's now a water wiggle, November 26, 2012
This review is from: BunnyK Expandable Garden Hose 50 FT
I was actually excited to get this item and was successfully using it until.....POP! I shut off an end hose sprayer for a moment and the hose tore away from its connector. It became a really exciting water wiggle- too bad that's not what I had in mind. Not sure if there is a repair kit or if it's returnable. I was slightly suspicious when it arrived in a generic, unmarked, clear plastic package - NO Maker, NO address, NO information. To sum up, this thing is NO good --- well, unless you're looking for a 50 ft. water wiggle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but----, November 18, 2012
This review is from: BunnyK Expandable Garden Hose 50 FT
Loved this product at first---then pop the rubber expandable hole splits in half. Too bad because it is extremely convenient. Ordered a replacement and within a month it popped as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't buy an Xhose, November 26, 2012
This review is from: BunnyK Expandable Garden Hose 50 FT
September 2012, purchased two 50 ft "Xhose the incredible expanding hose" for 69.90 delivered, loved the hoses for their ease of use and light weight until one of them burst while I was using.

The bad part is, they have no phone number for customer service, you pay the return cost for a refund ($16.00) of a defective product, would not buy again..

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible hose, November 4, 2012
This review is from: BunnyK Expandable Garden Hose 50 FT
In bought this expecting it to work as shown on tv. What a lie. It does not recoil naturally. It stays semi-elongated in a convoluted manner. It does not give out nearly the water power of the normal hose I replaced. It gives about half that power or less. Please do not be fooled by the supposed positive reviews. I don't believe a one of them. This is an utter rip-off and if you buy it you will be sorely disappointed and wondering how they can get away with fostering this crap on the public. It's sad.

1.0 out of 5 stars Xhose is now an ex hose after 2 weeks, November 3, 2012
This review is from: BunnyK Expandable Garden Hose 50 FT
Very cheaply made, sprayed water from connections and after 2 weeks (3 or 4 uses) it starting spraying out of the hose itself. What a disappointment!!
It's now completely useless, like a sprinkler hose. (and I babied it, turning up pressure slowly until fully expanded then releasing on wand end) I want
a refund!

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY - 100% JUNK!, November 16, 2012
This review is from: BunnyK Expandable Garden Hose 50 FT
I bought 2 of these hoses thinking they were a wonderful idea. The reality is that they are complete garbage. The ends are made of plastic and leak excessively on both ends of both hoses. I tried to make it not leak with plumbers take, no dice. They both still leak from both ends. The plastic cracked inside within a month causing a 5th leak in the hoses. If you like to spend twice as much as a decent garden hose and prefer to flush your money down the toilet then check these out. Otherwise, don't waste your money.

I tried to work with the vendor "jewelryfindingshop" on eBay. They offered to send me plumbers tape and metal clamps to stop the leaking, which they never sent. If you are price matching do not work with that vendor or you will get burnt like me. I'm out $102 with 2 leaky crappy hoses that are going into the garbage.

1.0 out of 5 stars defective product, November 1, 2012
This review is from: BunnyK Expandable Garden Hose 50 FT
Product worked as advertised...for about 30 minutes total. With minimal water pressure and for no reason I could discern, the internal tube within the sheath ruptured about six feet from the end of the hose. Not repairable!
I notified Amazon who sent instructions for return but without the postage fees required for mailing the return. Cost of hose was promptly refunded by Amazon. I may try this product again in the future when the manufacturer has updated the quality of the product. Its a great idea and when it worked it was a joy to use!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheep junk, October 13, 2012
This review is from: BunnyK Expandable Garden Hose 50 FT
I ordered 1 of these and when it came the bag had 2 of them in it. I tried to use it and the cheep plastic fittings leaked excessively and popped off the hose bib then I closed the nozzle. I replaced the washer and tried again and even when using a plyer to tighten I couldn't get it to stop leaking. It was just as bad on the nozzle end as well.

When It when to re-package the item I looked at the inclosed invoice and found that the reason I received 2 was because it was someone else order who had the same first name.

None the less this is going back.

BunnyK Expandable Garden Hose 50 FT