Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on July 22, 2006
And very simply the best book of its kind -- beautifully produced, with stunning visuals by great photographers, superb art direction and, of course, Dita. She re-invents glamour. It takes a remarkable model and some great stylists to hold your attention through a one-woman "show" like this, but she does it, and looks great throughout, over the course of an unbelieveable variety of settings, wardrobe, lack of wardrobe, styles and situations. Nothing lewd at all, in fact there is no nudity in this book. It's the "teese" that keeps you interested. You will not go wrong, a very, very well done book that you will be happy to own.
on November 11, 2006
I was on the waiting list for this book to arrive and after many months of anticipation, I was not only pleasantly surprised, I was agasp at how luxe this volume is. It doesn't dwell in historical narrative, nor does it showcase ego in her autobiography. It postively radiates elegance and mystery within the burlesque/fetish world. I love how Dita expresses herself sexually, without boundaries, yet cultured. One could pick this book up, open it at random and get engrossed immediately... most impressive.
on November 3, 2006
Dita Von Teese again shows her excellent taste in her homage to classic strip tease and her fetish photos. She explores the entire range of burlesque from the 1800's through the 1950's with great attention to the details which make the looks authentic. This book reflects the pride Dita takes in her profession.
on November 9, 2009
Okay, I know I'm going to get hauled out for this from many fans (b/c let's face it, mainly Dita fans bought this book), but I found this book to be a lot more impersonal than I wanted or expected. Now, that by itself shouldn't be a problem since sometimes there are pleasant suprises when things are not as you initially expected them to be. However, as a person who has followed Dita's career from the start, there wasn't any information here I didn't already know about both Burlesque and Dita. The photos were beautiful, but I already have great Dita photos. This is basically what the book was: photos of the author w/ the author discussing the history of burlesque.Period. When the author can go about putting photos of themselves in the book whilst the rest of the book is text that requires little involvement from the author(since the history of burlesque can pretty much be handed to another writer to complete the job instead), I don't think I'm getting what I expected or what I paid for. I know many will think, "So what, it's not what you expected, but it's beautiful and has a lot of info many people don't know. Besides, what you expect from the book doesn't concern the author anyway." Well, to that I say the photos are beautiful. The book is big. Anyone remotely interested in Burlesque knows the information put in this book, and I'm pretty sure others were expecting more from this book than the text delivered, but they just forgot after they saw the pretty photos. This is a photo book.
on March 8, 2007
First off, let me say that the photography in this book was great, very professional, very 'Dita' with her beautiful self-applied style sense in homage to the pin-ups of old. Gorgeous stuff. I thought it was a nice little novelty having the two books in one, also, when she could quite easily have released two separate books to cash in a bit more - nice one Dita.

The writing however, was slightly amateurish, pretty self-indulgent (although that can be forgiven since it's a book about Dita by Dita, so really, that's what you're in for), and very surface-skimming. I expected a bit more in that respect, but maybe I'd had a false impression that Dita was a bit deeper than she really is. I was also surprised and put off by her flippant endorsement of wearing real animal fur for pleasure. I mean, does anyone still REALLY think it's OK to kill an animal for vanity? Apart from that criticism, the writing style was of a cute, light read, much like a blog or celebrity magazine article.

This is more just a really fun Dita souvenir than anything more, a little cheeky, but nothing you couldn't display on a bookshelf or leave out on the coffee table. It'd make a nice gift for a fan.
on September 25, 2006
This book is absolutely beautiful. When I ordered it I had no idea what exactly I would be getting when it arrived; I'm pleased to say though that it was worth every penny. The book in itself is all very glossy and high quality paper, and even the text pages are decorative. I found this book to be over all very visually appealing as well as very interesting and informative as it peers into the history of the art as well as Dita's life and opinions. It's really a bit half and half, written like a documentary but also filled with very intimate and warm stories of this fantastic woman`s life.
on March 17, 2006
Dita Von Teese is, without question, one of the most mesmerizing women I have ever seen. She encompasses rare beauty that is inexplicable and has style and grace that is comparible to the larger than life women that have held our attention decade after decade....

To hear many months ago that she would be penning her sem-autobiographical book (of sorts) left me panting with excitement. Upon arrival, I rushed to open it's beautiful contents, and was overwhelmed by the incredibly sexy and sophisticated shots of Dita in all of her glory.

She takes the pinup style to the next level by including shots of herself in the most brilliant designer avantgarde fashion, Christian Louboutin stilettos and hand made corsets. Her fetish side include her in traditional Japanese Bondage and paying homage to Ms. Bettie Page.

One of the coolest things that Dita did while putting this gem together was including her cheesecake burlesque side in one half of the book and her fetish dominant side in the other. All you must do to view both sides is simply flip the book to its backside. Would anyone expect something less from the Queen herself? Certainly not me.

I really should own two copies of this phenominal book (just in case I wear the first one out).
on August 22, 2006
Hints, history, and humor make Dita's book a very charming read. She also shares a bit of her life story, making for an all the more interesting experience. The photos are gorgeous; true art. I highly recommend this book for all fans of burlesque, fetish, and/or Dita Von Teese. If you aren't an admirer of Dita's already, you certainly will be after flipping thru this lovely and informative trove.
on March 17, 2006
I was shocked at just how BIG and fabulous this book is! The price is unbelievably low for such a finely made book! Full color photos on each and every page, gorgeous graphics and what a fun read! This is by far the most exciting photo book I have seen in a long time. It's a perfect gift for any pinup, burlesque, old movie buff or fashion fan. I love that it has two sides, it's two great books in one!
on July 8, 2006
Mrs. Dita has done it again. She has written a fabulous book. It's full of beautiful pictures, not too graphic, but tasteful and seductive. This is one of thoes books that you just like to pick up and flip through when you have a few moments to spare before dashing out. Inside the book are beauty tips, (Very helpful gals), and good advice on all things vintage from the Queen of Burlesque herself. Very fun and inforative book. Highly recommend to anyone who likes vintage movie glamor or bombshell burlesque beauty.