Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 29, 2010
I left the movie, came home and immediately ordered the CD. I've been playing it on repeat and love it!! Instant high without any downside : ) For those who care I'm 50. I knew a couple of Christiana's songs but could be called a fan. I thought she was OUTSTANDING in the movie and on the soundtrack. Cher? Well there's a reason she's known worldwide by her first name only. She's in a class all her own and and inspiration to young and old alike!!!
44 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2010
I was already looking forward to the movie and decided to download the music. It's quite good! Christina Aguilera proves again that she's got a great pair of pipes. Her songs are kind of retro bluesy/jazz ala the "Back to Basics" album. I especially like "Bound to You". Cher has just two songs, one of which "You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me", is a power ballad which might just turn into a hit!

So even more eagerly anticipating the movie!
on November 22, 2010
First of all this soundtrack is the meat of the musical "Burlesque",as the story itself is rather light.The opening song,"Somethings got a hold on me",by Christina Aguilera is tough,strong and growling! At times I feel Miss Aguilera has a great instrument,but the feeling her vocal registers registers-is a bit cold. I prefer the Etta James original,but she does an earnest and powerful performance!
The "Welcome to Burlesque" number by Legend Cher is a colorful seductive pan- European number that has flavors of her original "Bang Bang" meeting "Cabaret".Her smokey contralto is great for this song.
Christina Aguilera shines on the Mae West chestnut,I like a guy who takes his time".It's Betty Boop with a real voice.She is so good in this genre.
It is beautifully sung,campy and sexy all in one.
Crowning moment is "You haven't seen the Last of me" by Dianne Warren.She steals the show with her raw emotion,a paean to invisible and enduring passion for "The show will go on".Cher is amazing on this ballad.
It's a shame Cher has but two offerings,but they are worth the price of the CD alone.
Christina Aguileras' "Bound to you",and "I am a good girl are the type of songs her terrific instrument shines with.
The disco like finale (two cuts, Beautiful People","Show me how you Burlesque", are throw-away compared to the stronger efforts here but necessary for the mood of the "Burlesque Club,energetic modern and playful. People that love "Glee" should love this CD. I really enjoy it.It's fun.
VINE VOICEon November 30, 2010
"Burlesque" is a touching motion picture with endearing performances and choreography of a kaleidoscope of musical numbers uniquely original...inspired pairing of legend Cher with Christina who has a voice of brilliance rare today in the world of music is beautifully showcased in this stunning vehicle. In the story line these amazing talented ladies work well together and are believable...production numbers are stunning & engrossing throughout and incredible to watch and at the core of each are great songs. Ultimately what makes this captivating Original Motion Picture Soundtrack really work are two superb vocal talents who are both great to watch and sublime to listen to...musicians are inspired and every great song arranged to perfection so hopefully "Oscar" will give a nod to this wonderful musical achievement!
Starting strong with Etta James classic "Something's Got A Hold On Me", clearly Christina is equipped to handle this soulful anthem in her own stirring way...old & new songs flow well together with some used to further story line but all work well as pleasurable to listen to and even an old Mae West classic "A Guy Who Takes His Time" is given a classy showcase and comes off fiery & exciting as a tremendous production number plus equally fun to listen to.
Cher's powerful soulful anthem "You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me" finds her at her mesmerizing magnificent best emoting with an moving vulnerable edge to her tour-de-force performance...new self-penned gorgeous power-ballad "Bound To Me" is the riveting Christina soulful & breathtaking anthem...superb Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is filled with delicious musical treats and sure to spin on all lovers of those great singers disc-changers for years to come...Bravo Cher & Christina!
on December 6, 2010
For those disappointed that Christina Aguilera's followup album to Back to Basics didn't have a jazzy/bluesy second half, this album is a gift. Aguilera has a phenomenal voice that comes across in these songs. All of her songs, other than Bound to You, are upbeat and just sexy, fun songs where you can enjoy the range of her voice and talent.

"But I Am A Good Girl" especially reminds me of something from Chicago or Moulin Rouge... sort of like Marilyn Monroe's "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" but different. It's one of my favorites, but all of Aguilera's songs are good.

I love that they used excerpts of Marlyn Manson's "Beautiful People" for the same titled song. It's interesting to hear Aguilera's voice against a rock background for at least parts of the song. Now I'm wishing and hoping for Christina Aguilera to put out a rock album, sorta No Doubt or Evanescence like. A girl can hope...

I haven't really listened to Cher's earlier stuff. Her voice is a lot huskier than I prefer but these two songs show she's a very talented singer. The first is sort of upbeat whereas the second is slow. Each time I listen to the album, the more I fall in love with "Welcome to Burlesque"

Listen to the samples. They're pretty accurate representations of the songs. If you like the clips, just know there's a whole lot more of that on the album! In fact, my only complaint about this album is that it isn't longer!
on January 23, 2014
This is an AMAZING soundtrack and movie. Christina Aguilera is spectacular in this movie!!! Someone obviously found out that she can really sing and cast her in this movie. Her earliest CD's never showcased her amazing voice like this movie does. If you like great singing, you must buy this soundtrack and see the movie. Both are worth every cent!
on September 26, 2014
If you love Christina Aguilera, you need this CD in your collection. It showcases the amazing range of her vocals, from the kittenish 1920's-breathy-sexy "But I Am A Good Girl" to the belting "Tough Lover" to the ballad "Bound to You". The soundtrack is overall just as fun as the movie.

Cher -- not so much; her "Welcome to Burlesque" is catchy and fits with the rest of the soundtrack, but the other song "You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me" was like a pointless dagger in the otherwise good pace of both the film and the soundtrack.
on August 8, 2011
The Chrissy A and Cher songs are top notch, just like the movie. A little disappointing that not all songs in the movie were not there, only ones will be Chrissy A and Cher, nothing else.

All in All - Happy with it.
on May 12, 2016
Great soundtrack! I bought this for myself when the movie first came out then had a friend who kept asking to borrow it. I finally bought it for her for Christmas. The Cher and Christina combo is perfect! I love it!
on January 15, 2011
This is one of the best movies that I have seen in several years. My friends and I have seen the movie 3 times, bought the CD soundtrack and play it all the time. The music has encourgaged me to get up and move! As soon as DVD comes out, I will buy it! Both Christina and Cher were awesome in the movie and the songs are wonderful. In fact, I am stilling at work right now, playing the CD as loud as possible.