5.0 out of 5 stars Energizing!!
Published on November 29, 2010 by Dee Z

3.0 out of 5 stars Case
The CD was fine. The case was cracked though. Other than that, everything was fine and played with no problems.
Published 12 months ago by Jeffrey S Minskey

5.0 out of 5 stars Energizing!!, November 29, 2010
I left the movie, came home and immediately ordered the CD. I've been playing it on repeat and love it!! Instant high without any downside : ) For those who care I'm 50. I knew a couple of Christiana's songs but could be called a fan. I thought she was OUTSTANDING in the movie and on the soundtrack. Cher? Well there's a reason she's known worldwide by her first name only. She's in a class all her own and and inspiration to young and old alike!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, November 22, 2010
This review is from: Burlesque Original Motion Picture Soundtrack [+Digital Booklet] (MP3 Music)
I was already looking forward to the movie and decided to download the music. It's quite good! Christina Aguilera proves again that she's got a great pair of pipes. Her songs are kind of retro bluesy/jazz ala the "Back to Basics" album. I especially like "Bound to You". Cher has just two songs, one of which "You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me", is a power ballad which might just turn into a hit!

So even more eagerly anticipating the movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars This cd is lively,and has some great moments, November 22, 2010
Ward J. Lamb (slate hill, new york United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
First of all this soundtrack is the meat of the musical "Burlesque",as the story itself is rather light.The opening song,"Somethings got a hold on me",by Christina Aguilera is tough,strong and growling! At times I feel Miss Aguilera has a great instrument,but the feeling her vocal registers registers-is a bit cold. I prefer the Etta James original,but she does an earnest and powerful performance!
The "Welcome to Burlesque" number by Legend Cher is a colorful seductive pan- European number that has flavors of her original "Bang Bang" meeting "Cabaret".Her smokey contralto is great for this song.
Christina Aguilera shines on the Mae West chestnut,I like a guy who takes his time".It's Betty Boop with a real voice.She is so good in this genre.
It is beautifully sung,campy and sexy all in one.
Crowning moment is "You haven't seen the Last of me" by Dianne Warren.She steals the show with her raw emotion,a paean to invisible and enduring passion for "The show will go on".Cher is amazing on this ballad.
It's a shame Cher has but two offerings,but they are worth the price of the CD alone.
Christina Aguileras' "Bound to you",and "I am a good girl are the type of songs her terrific instrument shines with.
The disco like finale (two cuts, Beautiful People","Show me how you Burlesque", are throw-away compared to the stronger efforts here but necessary for the mood of the "Burlesque Club,energetic modern and playful. People that love "Glee" should love this CD. I really enjoy it.It's fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars ~Soulful Diva's...Bravo Cher & Christina!~, November 30, 2010
Bradly Briggs "sing it!" (TOLUCA LAKE, CALIFORNIA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
"Burlesque" is a touching motion picture with endearing performances and choreography of a kaleidoscope of musical numbers uniquely original...inspired pairing of legend Cher with Christina who has a voice of brilliance rare today in the world of music is beautifully showcased in this stunning vehicle. In the story line these amazing talented ladies work well together and are believable...production numbers are stunning & engrossing throughout and incredible to watch and at the core of each are great songs. Ultimately what makes this captivating Original Motion Picture Soundtrack really work are two superb vocal talents who are both great to watch and sublime to listen to...musicians are inspired and every great song arranged to perfection so hopefully "Oscar" will give a nod to this wonderful musical achievement!
Starting strong with Etta James classic "Something's Got A Hold On Me", clearly Christina is equipped to handle this soulful anthem in her own stirring way...old & new songs flow well together with some used to further story line but all work well as pleasurable to listen to and even an old Mae West classic "A Guy Who Takes His Time" is given a classy showcase and comes off fiery & exciting as a tremendous production number plus equally fun to listen to.
Cher's powerful soulful anthem "You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me" finds her at her mesmerizing magnificent best emoting with an moving vulnerable edge to her tour-de-force performance...new self-penned gorgeous power-ballad "Bound To Me" is the riveting Christina soulful & breathtaking anthem...superb Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is filled with delicious musical treats and sure to spin on all lovers of those great singers disc-changers for years to come...Bravo Cher & Christina!

5.0 out of 5 stars For Back to Basics Side B fans, December 6, 2010
For those disappointed that Christina Aguilera's followup album to Back to Basics didn't have a jazzy/bluesy second half, this album is a gift. Aguilera has a phenomenal voice that comes across in these songs. All of her songs, other than Bound to You, are upbeat and just sexy, fun songs where you can enjoy the range of her voice and talent.

"But I Am A Good Girl" especially reminds me of something from Chicago or Moulin Rouge... sort of like Marilyn Monroe's "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" but different. It's one of my favorites, but all of Aguilera's songs are good.

I love that they used excerpts of Marlyn Manson's "Beautiful People" for the same titled song. It's interesting to hear Aguilera's voice against a rock background for at least parts of the song. Now I'm wishing and hoping for Christina Aguilera to put out a rock album, sorta No Doubt or Evanescence like. A girl can hope...

I haven't really listened to Cher's earlier stuff. Her voice is a lot huskier than I prefer but these two songs show she's a very talented singer. The first is sort of upbeat whereas the second is slow. Each time I listen to the album, the more I fall in love with "Welcome to Burlesque"

Listen to the samples. They're pretty accurate representations of the songs. If you like the clips, just know there's a whole lot more of that on the album! In fact, my only complaint about this album is that it isn't longer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Burlesque, January 15, 2011
This review is from: Burlesque (Audio CD)
This is one of the best movies that I have seen in several years. My friends and I have seen the movie 3 times, bought the CD soundtrack and play it all the time. The music has encourgaged me to get up and move! As soon as DVD comes out, I will buy it! Both Christina and Cher were awesome in the movie and the songs are wonderful. In fact, I am stilling at work right now, playing the CD as loud as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, So Glad I pre-ordered this from Amazon, November 28, 2010
G. Land "gelmusic" (Kansas City, KS USA) - See all my reviews
I actually pre-ordered the "Burlesque" soundtrack and how glad I am that I did. In my first listen, I was delighted beyond expectation with Christina's renditions of the Etta James tunes and also impressed with the tunes that she wrote for the soundtrack. Cher's opening tune, "Welcome to Burlesque" was so well suited for her contralto voice that like her looks, just seems to get better and more smooth with age. Cher's performance of the Diane Warren tune, "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me" in my opinion is one of the greatest recordings of her career. Diane Warren did an impeccable job on the writing and after listening several times, can't imagine hearing anyone but Cher singing it. After hearing the soundtrack several times I was compelled to see the movie 2 days after its release, and once again, could not have imagined this soundtrack to be so well supported by such a film that has all of this enjoyable music, but a movie that keeps your attention and you feel the theatre with that feeling that lacks so much these days. Just saw a musical and left with a feel good feeling that really takes you back. I will continue to enjoy this soundtrack for quite sometime and already am anxious to see the film again!

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE Burlesque!!!!!!, November 22, 2010
Jade (Ann Arbor, MI) - See all my reviews
This soundtrack is amazing! I absolutely love this! Christina's voice really shines here! And I love what they did with Marilyn Manson's Beautiful People (one of my favorite artists & songs of all time), very interesting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cher, Christina and Burlesque, July 17, 2011
I just finished watching the movie "Burlesque" (which I loved) and immediately got online to order the soundtrack. Only a couple of songs by Cher but "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me" tore my heart out - Cher at her very best. And Christina! Wow - what can I say. I've never heard her any better. I especially loved "Bound to You"; "Something's Got a Hold On Me"; "Tough Lover"; "Guy What Takes His Time"; and "Show Me How You Burlesque." None of the songs are bad, though. Great movie. WONDERFUL soundtrack. I started watching this movie with high hopes and they were FAR exceeded!

5.0 out of 5 stars Burlesque Motion Picture track, January 21, 2011
I love Cher and Christina Aguilera was unbelievable!!!!!! She can act, dance, and of course sing. Her performance was amazing and made the movie. I'm sure we will be seeing her in future movies. Her voice is one of a kind. Speaking of one of a kind I could listen to Christina and Duffy all day long. They are unique and can really sing. They both could have been huge hits in the 60's right along with the greats.

Rate and Discover Movies