Published on June 28, 2011 by ski bum

2.0 out of 5 stars Great brand name but quality and after sales below standards
In summer 2011 we bought via Amazon.com this Burley Cub Bike trailer for my daughter after having done extensive research and checking several consumer magazines.

Overall, the product is very spacious for the child, can carry easily additional cargo from the supermarket and the solid base plate gives extra protection.

The delivery was quick and...
Published on June 6, 2012 by Frequent Flyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trailer - Save yourself the Hassle and buy from Amazon., June 28, 2011
This review is from: Burley Cub Bike Trailer (Sports)
The Burley Cub is a Great trailer, It is one of the most roomy and definately the most sturdy of the Burley trailers. I was looking at the encore as well but ultimately deciced on the Cub and I'm glad I did. I had an instep trailer with my first child and although it served its purpose and was at a much lower price point, You can tell a HUGE difference in quality. I should have sprung for the Burley first off and saved the hassle of going thru two trailers!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Trailer, April 1, 2014
This review is from: Burley Cub Bike Trailer (Sports)
These trailers are a bit pricey, but well worth the cost for the convenience of being able to tow the kiddos around. The tub is all plastic and easy to put together. child restraints are easy to use and the seats look comfy. As far as longevity only time will tell. I'll post back later for any issues, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, May 1, 2013
This review is from: Burley Cub Bike Trailer (Sports)
After plenty of time researching bike trailers, from mid grade to high end brands, this was the only product with a solid, durable bottom. The space is plenty for my 4 year old and 15 month old girls. I was concerned about the weight of the product, but it is manageable. Considering I bought this as a closeout model, and saved a great deal of money when compared to the new 2013 model, I am completely satisfied with this product in the month I've used it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kid and dad approved., January 17, 2013
This review is from: Burley Cub Bike Trailer (Sports)
We have about 25 miles on this so far, both napping and awake. I try to let the boy handle the napping.

Pulls very well and overall fit/finish and design are very good. I do my own bike maintenance and don't foresee anything unusual. The newer forged hitch configuration is a definite improvement on some I've used in the past. We did notice a few small cuts/worn spots in the fabric out of the box (not from shipping), but they're mostly cosmetic and I expect that normal use will create more damage fairly soon anyway - it's a bike trailer for kids...

I wanted the hard plastic bottom for wet/cold/cleaning etc. purposes and so far that has proven to be a good choice. As someone who rides regularly, I don't notice any difference in pulling weight. Quite spacious for one active 13-mo old, and looks to still be plenty of room even if/when he gains a sibling. The lower cover attachment points are positioned adequately, but could be shifted slightly to get a more taught fit. As the fabric softens with time that may require some mods, but I expect to get at least a decade of use from this in one form or another.

All in all, spendy but seemingly worth the Amazon price for a durable, well-thought-out trailer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Burley Cub, June 4, 2012
This review is from: Burley Cub Bike Trailer (Sports)
I did a lot of researching on bike carts before finally deciding on this one. Mainly it was the price that kept me from jumping right at it, but in the end it was the quality of the product and the hard bottom that won out. My daughter loves it. With the old cart we had, she would cry when I would go to put her in it and this one she willingly climbs in herself.

*I love that the bottom is hard so her butt isn't sinking down.
*There is a nice 3 point harness and lap belt. You could fit two kids in there comfortably.
*It has nice pockets for kids to put things in.
*Sufficient storage in the back.
*It has a nice sunshade that can be adjusted and a plastic cover in case of rain.
*We love that it can be converted into a stroller if we choose to buy the attachment.
*It is noticeably heavier than our old one and you can tell she's back there, but it makes for a good work out!
*Directions weren't great, but we did figure it out.

Ours came with some slight tearing in the cover from shipping and Burley has been great in getting us a replacement.

If you can spend the extra money, I highly recommend this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great brand name but quality and after sales below standards, June 6, 2012
This review is from: Burley Cub Bike Trailer (Sports)

The delivery was quick and assembly was easy. However, when rating this product not only the convenience factor should be rated but also the quality and the after sales service.

Firstly, I discovered several faulty items

- The cover had burn holes where the screws were holding the parts together

- The flag holder went loose

- One strap cushion was missing

After the holidays I sent a complaint mail to Burley which was followed by several reminders as nothing was sent nor a reaction came. Finally I got the first two parts sent to me in January 2012. 6 months after our purchase.

Unfortunately the delivery contained only the first two parts. Again, I sent emails and several reminders until I got the answer that they will check with their shipping department which was at the begin of May 2012. Since than again no reaction. Nothing.

A company that charges about 600 USD for a product and having outsourced the production to a low cost country should at least use these savings in building and shipping high quality products and investing in proper customer service. This I cannot see being the case for Burley.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!, June 17, 2010
This review is from: Burley Cub Bike Trailer (Sports)
The greatest! My husband and I love this bike stroller and our daughters are very happy riding in it. The stroller is very durable and great to pull along.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, November 21, 2011
This review is from: Burley Cub Bike Trailer (Sports)
I purchased the Cub for my daughter's 3-year birthday. Unfortunately, they don't package it very well for shipping, (wheel mounts poke out the side, and had partially destroyed the cardboard box they sent it in) and it arrived damaged. (Two tears in the yellow fabric.) By the time I noticed the tears, I had almost assembled it, so I can say the assembly is pretty easy, and it seems very well-built. I returned it, and got a nice note that they were sending out another, with 1-day free shipping. Then a couple days later I got a note saying it was delayed a month. I've asked them to call me, and will update this review with what comes of it. Seems like a great product, but disappointing delivery so far.

Burley Cub Bike Trailer