5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with the Burley D'Lite Double Trailer
Works great with the Burley D'Lite Double Trailer. I bought one for my bike so that both my wife and I have one. We've both got Topeak Babyseat Carriers on the back of our bikes and this hitch fits on our bikes perfectly. I have disc brakes and my wife has rubber pad brakes.
Published on May 28, 2010 by Steve T

2.0 out of 5 stars well made...but
Well made product but didnt fit as stated. I had to trim and shave off some excess so that it would work.
Published on September 27, 2010 by Squirrel Killer

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with the Burley D'Lite Double Trailer, May 28, 2010
This review is from: Burley Forged Standard Hitch: Quick-Release or Nutted (Sports)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it, March 17, 2010
Much better than the prior Burley hitch schemes, and the only way to get a burley attached to newer bikes (or recumbents) with non-standard rear dropout shapes. Order one for each of the grown-up bikes, because switching is a pain, even it's just a little pain. You'll never miss the $16, and you will be annoyed every time you have to spend 5 minutes removing skewers and swapping, which is the best case alternative.

One warning: all these hitches and pins make for a chitty-chitty bang bang ride quality. So keep a couple of thick rubber band and/or some double-sided velcro tape handy to use to strap down the cotter pin and safety ring, then you can have a pretty silent ride.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with XTerra trailer, March 8, 2011
We use this with our XTerra trailer we bought at Costco to replace the big clamp style hitch (that scratched paint, came lose, etc...see my review on the attachment kit below). Has the same tube size as the Burley, but you will need this attachment kit to use with the hitch:

Burley Design Flex Connector for Round Tow Arm (Black)

Buy one of these hitches for each bike and one of the above kit for the trailer and you're ready to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, fits perfect, August 1, 2012
I bought the Hurley honey bee trailer and it only came with one hitch. My husband and I both wanted a hitch for our bikes so we ordered this. It is exactly the same as the one that came with our trailer and it works perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars BURLEY IS AWESOME!, June 26, 2014
Best bike trailer EVER and now my husband and I can switch easily from one bike to the other without even having to remove the kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars Upon my word, March 17, 2014
Previously, I had a large plastic interface apparatus for affixing the trailing vehicle to my bike. While frunctional, this plastic mechanism fouled the brake disk with close touching, causing a constant and unregulated braking force to slow the bike. With this new forged hitch, the disk rubbing is a thing of the past, and I can get along with improved efficiency and personal satisfaction. It's my favourite trailer hitch.

5.0 out of 5 stars very strong, January 3, 2014
very strong construction much more durable than expected works perfect with the hitch and for the bike with dual disc brakes

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, November 19, 2013
This solidly designed hitch fits well on the bike, stays out of the way, and integrates well with the Burley Design Flex Connector for Round Tow Arm (Black). It has breathed new life into our old trailer (not a Burley), making connecting and disconnecting a breeze.

5.0 out of 5 stars a bit pricey, but worth it., September 26, 2009
We needed a second hitch for my wife's bike. This is the same as the original hitch that came with our Burley trailer, and it saves a tremendous amount of time in having to swap out the hitch between bikes.

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLIFY!, September 13, 2009
J. L. North (Vicksburg, MS United States) - See all my reviews
We had an older version of the Burley Bicycle Trailer Hitch on my husband's bike, which replaced his rear axle. It worked nicely, but I could not easily attach the Burley to my bike, as it was permanently affixed to his bike. So we opted to purchase a second hitch.

This newer option was a wonderful solution for us. It was very easy to install, and easy to connect the Burley to my bike. Easier to use than the option my husband has on his bike by FAR! I leave this permanently attached to my bike, and go, with or without the kids.

If you like to pull the Burley, but still like to ride on your own as well, this is the best option available!

Rate and Discover Movies