5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, May 15, 2002
Let's just say the Burian uses very unconventional methods to express things novelists have been saying for years: from the desolation of suburbanized America, to lousy jobs, to near death experiences. He even goes as far as submitting some interesting, yet funny, comics part way through which I found encouraged me to continue reading. Also, check out Burian's band, "Milemarker".

5.0 out of 5 stars Trying harder, now., March 6, 2005
The first nine Burn Collector issues, in bound, book-type format by the implacable Al Burian. This collection affected me as much as anything I can think of, at the time I was reading it. The great themes, they're all there, in less conventional formating than you may be used to. But therein lies the fractured beauty of it, too.

Overall, it's almost impossible to reach the end of this book, to read the line, "we're going to have to try harder now," and not be really affected by what that means. I definitely recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank, April 7, 2011
This review is from: Burn Collector: Collected Stories from One through Nine (Paperback)
I discovered this book when I was 16, full of angst, and fortunate enough to have a cool teacher in rural PA. He let me borrow his copy,and I couldn't put it down. When I returned it, I set out on a quest to find a copy of it, this was prior to the re-release when it was still out of print. I got lucky one day when I was in Wooden Shoe in Philly and found what I'm pretty sure was the last new copy in existence and since then I have never been further than arms reach away from it. This is not the book to sit down and read front to back, that would be futile, just open to a random page and begin reading. I promise you won't be disappointed by this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Burn Collector 1-9, May 6, 2013
Al Burian writes about his life and adventures with concise, fast pacing and dry humor. His point of view is inflected with a punk-rock ethos and anyone who grew up in the 80's should appreciate and enjoy it. I read this in two long sittings, with coffee, time well-spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of my favorites, October 30, 2013
al burian is the type of person who, even if you don't agree with him (but i usually did), has very interesting opinions. great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was one of the most important books to me ..., October 18, 2014
This was one of the most important books to me when I was in college (more than ten years ago…)

5.0 out of 5 stars Into the Vortex, November 30, 2014
OMG. Someone else who has heard of the band Hammerhead. I'm not alone!

Burn Collector: Collected Stories from One through Nine
Burn Collector: Collected Stories from One through Nine by Al Burian (Paperback - November 15, 2010)
$16.00 $14.34