5.0 out of 5 stars I became A Personal Trainer Because of this Book
Published 13 months ago by Jade Donovon

3.0 out of 5 stars This was my former fitness Bible. But beware...
Published 10 months ago by Dwight Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars I became A Personal Trainer Because of this Book, December 10, 2013
This review is from: Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World (Hardcover)
I'm female, I go to the gym, I take spin classes, (I even teach spin classes). I started doing research on full -body training when I knew I needed to add strength training to my routine. I found Tom Venuto's e-book two years ago and my life changed. After combing through the e-book, page after page and memorizing most of the details, I started to implement the process. I followed his direction very carefully and after months of burning the fat and feeding the muscle, my body began to shift. But it didn't stop there, my entire life changed. I was more clear, more goal-oriented and much more driven. My only concern was I wished I could hold the book in my hand (I'm pretty clumsy and have dropped my iPad many times trying to multi-task and read the e-book.). I'm super excited that after ten years, this book is now available as a Hardcover 'Take-Away'. I know this has been stated before, but this really is the Bible of Fat Loss. Tom is very clear, detailed, inspiring and self-less with his information. He even inspired me to become a certified trainer and I aced my exam, in part because of the information in this book. You will NOT be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the real deal, not a diet but a lifestyle!!!, December 10, 2013
I bought the Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle ebook in the summer of 2008. I was almost 100 lbs down but still had another 100 to lose and I was struggling. I had seen Tom's book before in my online searches but didn't think it was for me since back then I was a 350+ lb woman and I thought it was a bodybuilder book. But after buying it as soon as I started reading it I realized how much I could have benefited from it had I bought it on day one.

Having spent just about my whole life super obese and topping out at 378lbs I had very little knowledge how the body really worked. But through reading BFFM I learned what the muscle in my body really was worth and what fat loss compared to weight loss really meant. I also learned about nutrition in a new way that made so much sense to me, that made it not a diet but something I could live with doing for the rest of my life. With the help of BFFM I went on to lose another 100 lbs.

When I found out Tom was coming out with a hard cover of Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle I just knew I wanted to buy it. Not just for myself but to share with people in my life that had been struggling with their weight for years too. I didn't just buy one copy I bought 7 because I want to share it with many and really have them learn how to change their lives as I have, I believe in it 100%. Hopefully seeing my success they will read it cover to cover like I did and really live it.

I won't try to kid anyone, to lose a lot of weight (fat) you have to put in the time and work and it's a life long mission. But BFFM explains how to do it and in a way that is understandable and doable by anyone from the young to the old or the slightly out of shape to the super obese. It really is a livable life long plan, not a diet. It also taught me what it really means to create new life long habits and to set goals for myself that ARE attainable.

Now for the differences between the ebook and the hard cover, I wasn't expecting so many changes in the hard cover but it's been made even easier to understand by being broke into sections, mental training, nutrition, cardio and weight training. It really felt like a totally new read to me. The biggest change for me is the section on weight lifting. In the ebook I didn't grasp that section at all so I ended up buying myself another book on weight lifting at the time. But it's been totally rewritten in the hard cover with lots of added material that is understandable to even a person that has done little to no weight training. I really liked too that there was a beginner workout (primer) with detailed instructions for each exercise. I really think just about anyone could manage these 10 exercise that will help give them the base to move on to the TNB-28 workout with confidence.

I also would like to mention that [...] is the best online community I have ever come across for support and I've been online over 20 yrs. The people there are like no other in their willingness to help you in anyway they can. The volume of information there is HUGE too, with so many inspiring people to help push you to want to succeed for yourself.

I can't say enough good things about Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle, it really has changed my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save money, save time, get real results., January 4, 2014
Summary: Best fat loss book on the market. It will teach you what you need to know in a no BS way, and with no powders, drops, or other things to buy. Tom Venuto is the real deal. Long story short, if you want to save a bunch of money, get results, cut the crap, and read this book. Best gift you can give yourself.

Here is my story:

In early 2009 I was 5'-8 tall, 246 pounds working a desk job. I was a single, 29 year old male, no kids. I was a subscriber to things like Men's Health, I tried to eat good and do some workouts when I could.

Unexpectedly, like many at that time I found myself unemployed due “The Great Recession". Suddenly finding lots of free time I decided to FINALLY take care of my body. I started by getting a medical check to be sure I was safe. My cardiologist was stunned to learn I gained 100 pounds since high school only 11 years prior. I had sleep apnea and needed a machine. I had high blood pressure: so high I almost went on meds. I found out I was OK to start working out, but I heard something that really put some additional motivation behind me. Something I did not expect: If I did not change paths, I would become a Type 2 Diabetic.

With that little kick in the back side, I decided to spend my free time studying fitness and fat loss along with applying for jobs in my construction/engineering field. Muscle and Fitness, Reps, Websites, books, magazines, whatever I could get my hands on I read. If I did not understand, I read again.

Somewhere along the line I came across the Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle Program (BFFM). I signed up for author Tom Venuto's news letter and received his 12 Big Fat Lies articles. What a wake up call!! I was eating near starvation levels of 700-1,200 calories a day, spending money on fat burners, etc with no results.

What Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle teaches are the things you must know for proper nutrition and fat loss. He does by telling you what to do, why to do it, and why you should not do as you were told by late night infomercials,and fad diets. More than half of the stuff you see on TV, or in magazines is crap. Crap designed to keep you fat, and take your money, for the rest of your life.

With what I had learned in Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle, I had built my own eating and workout plans. By December 19th of 2009 I had dropped a total of 70 pounds of fat. Took me 10 months but I was a lean and mean 176 pounds!! Toms book was the start, than as he says experimentation, trial, error, document results. “Train hard and expect results.”

Blood pressure: Normal. Sleep Apnea: Gone. Blood/sugar: Normal. Best of all, I had avoided Type 2 diabetes.

Here is where I failed Tom and BFFM: I was burning fat at such a high level without doing anything that I learned I could eat junk food, miss my workouts and still stay trim. I got cocky, ate garbage, and got lazy.

Well here we are in 2014. Married to a wonderful lady, and I now have family. It took a long time for my bad ways to catch up to me, but as I type I am sitting at 212 pounds. My wheels were spinning, I forgot how I got fit the first time. I tried and failed a few times the last few years to get back into the swing of things. I entered transformation contests only to quit 1 week in.

I had lost my copy of the BFFM e-book and decided to purchase the hard cover as a Christmas gift to myself. It has been the key I have been missing. Since I got the book I have been looking at foods, workouts, and crunching the number for calories, macronuturents, and the fun stuff I need to do.

My wife is expecting a baby in February/March, and I have a surgery coming up in the next month. But I will be starting the BFFM transformation challenge tomorrow 1-5-14. The “perfect time” to start will never happen. Birthdays, holiday, ect, will always be there. Get over it, pick a day and start.

My first time, I had skipped on the mental training part of the book. I was skeptical of it even though it said to not skip it. This time I am going to do as the book says and see what happens.

I am hoping in 90 days to come back to this review and let you know how it went. Hoping to be under 200 ponds. My goal is to get back to 175 pound by my birthday in November. A roughly 40 pound fat loss in 45 weeks. Fat loss, not weight loss: BIG DIFFERENCE!!

I wish I could post before and after pictures from my first go around. If anybody has any questions post them and I will see if I can help.

AdamB
Buffalo, MN

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one you need!, December 10, 2013
Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle, is the book you need to finally learn how to change your body! If you've been trying one diet after another, if you get results at first but can't stick with all the low calories and excessive exercise, this is the last program you will ever need.

Aren't you tired of all the gimmicks? Aren't you tired of being told you can "transform your body in 30 days"? Aren't you tired of all the lies? Aren't you tired of spending your hard-earned money on supplements, plans, diets and hoopla?

This is the no-nonsense answer. Tom's plan works! The book is easy to read. The program is 100% adaptable to your body, your preferences, your lifestyle and your goals. Maybe you've been overweight all your life and want to just be "normal." Maybe you have dreams of becoming a bodybuilder or a fitness competitor. Maybe you want to finally lose the baby weight, or maybe you just want to firm up and lose the muffin top. No matter your age or your starting point or your goals, this program will work for you!

Tom gives a step-by-step plan. If you're a complete beginner, extra information is available for free on his website, about the proper way to do exercises. The nutrition plan is 100% your own, unlike so many "diet" books that are full of recipes and menus that you can't eat or won't like. With Tom's book, you create your own program and your own nutrition plan, all adapted to you!

There are no empty promises. Tom likes to say, "it's simple, but it isn't easy," and that's the truth. You have to do the work. But with Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle, you finally have a straightforward plan that will take you where you want to go!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book saved my life..., December 10, 2013
Tim Nelson (Overland Park, KS United States) - See all my reviews
This book saved my life. Literally. I bought the ebook years ago. I followed it with success, but wasn't committed. Exactly 2 years ago I reached a crossroads. I found myself unexpectedly out of work, I was morbidly obese and I was miserable. I received an promo email to enter his "Holiday Challenge" body transformation contest. I knew I needed to do something, so I entered. Part of that process I had to take before pictures. I was mortified, but I knew I had to do it. So i committed myself 100%. I reread the book. And then I reread it again. I wrote out my Goals (the Mental Training), I starting walking, and it was a challenge (the cardio) and eventually started lifting (resistance training) and slowly I got my meal plan better (nutrition). It was a lot to digest, so I focused on one or two things in each area to work on. And then slowly got better and better in each area. Fast forward 2 years, I've lost 129 lbs of fat and gained 10 lbs of LBM, and I (thankfully) have pics to prove it! I've competed in a powerlifting tournament and I'm working on being as lean as a bodybuilder. These are my goals, so no one needs to go that far. I've also helped several friends and family understand the components of good health and they've lost collectively way more than I have.

I was honored to have been given a chance to get a preview copy of the new book. It is fantastic. I'd read the ebook over 10 times cover to cover and used parts of it as a reference guide over the years. This core of this book is principle based. So nothing dramatic has changed in how he approaches fat loss. However, the writing style is tighter. The chapters are streamlined and much easier to read. The scientific studies are updated and current. And there are new chapters that help you customize the plan even more. The workout chapter is completely updated and the TNB workout template is solid (I've done it for 2 cycles and enjoyed it). Like anything he does, the nutrition and exercise are templates, not prescriptions. You're given the information needed to customize it to your own needs once you understand the underlying principles. For example, you can eat what you want to eat, but to lose weight you need to keep a calorie deficit. So if you want a cookie, it's not forbidden, but you need to keep your calories under your deficit to lose weight. It gives you the freedom to enjoy life, not feel like you're being punished. And this is a lifestyle, not a diet. I tell people all the time, it's safe, sane and sustainbable.

And, yes, I got a preview copy. But I also pre-ordered a copy as well and i'm buying several additional copies as gifts. This is THE book I come to again and again and again as my reference guide on my fat-loss journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars My true nutrition bible, June 27, 2014
I won't go into full detail as others have but I will try and help you if you're on the fence. First off, I'll say that I'm 25 and was in very good shape in high school. Afterwards, not so much. I was never fat but definitely had extra weight to lose. I've always understood what healthy food was and the correct way to work out. For the last year and a half I was doing my own diet and trying stupid fads while working out but didn't see a huge weight drop. I started at 207 lbs and on my own dropped it to about 180. (27 lbs I know but we're talking in about a year and half span - too long and I probably lost a lot of muscle starving myself). When I got this book, I read through it very quickly and began his nutrition program.

First off, I'll tell you he makes a lot of sense. The information is great and he breaks down EVERYTHING. This really could be your nutrition bible. But I will tell you it's not easy like he suggests at times. I feel like it's pretty hardcore actually. But then again, I don't mind it. I love junk food just as much as the next person but I can give it all up to lose weight. Not everyone can however. If you have a taste for veggies and don't mind them, then you may be okay. But you have to understand that you can't keep eating crap everyday and lose weight. You need to eat clean. This book may not be for you if you can't.

The goal-setting has also been a great tool. At first it seemed too simple and I told myself it wouldn't work, but upon forcing myself to try, I have to say it's been easier to say no to junk food, especially when going out to eat with friends or family. This is probably my favorite part of the book.

Counting your macronutrients CAN be easy once you've practiced it for a while, especially with the help of a calorie-counting app like My Fitness Pal. But it can also be intimidating at first. Remember that that part is important. Be prepared to count everything that you eat. If you can't do that, don't even bother getting this book.

This is a great program for building a great physique and losing fat, BUT, it's not for everybody. It's very hardcore. I don't mind though and if you can handle that, you'll be okay. I've had overweight family members ask what I do and even ordered this book immediately without realizing how tough it would be.

I'm down to 167 since starting this book about 2 months ago. So roughly 13 pounds. I did invest in a food scale (Ozeri Pro digital scale for $18) and a regular scale (Epica Precision for $34) to measure body fat % as he suggests. That has helped and I can see that I haven't lost any lean muscle - only fat. I will also say that I did not follow his workout program. I'm not saying it won't work, but I use this book only for nutrition - especially considering about 75% of the book is about it. For workouts, I use Huge in a Hurry, which you can find on here also. Between the two books, I have enough guidance to really get in good shape.

So just to recap, if you can be hardcore and prepare and count everything you eat, then use this book and take advantage of his information. If you can't do those things, perhaps try his "dumbed down" version. I did read a sample of that one and it seems fit for the more average weight loss seeker. Good luck!

3.0 out of 5 stars This was my former fitness Bible. But beware..., March 30, 2014
I remember when I first read this e-book about 3 or 4 years ago. This was my very first book that got me OBSESSED with fitness. So much, that I remember going through every chapter so many times, and I did everything it said verbatim. The part about the mental discipline, the goals, everything... and it did change my life. This book simply paved the way for what my journey to fitness would evolve into and still practice to this day.

However... (it hurts for me to say this since this book really grew on me), there are many important reasons this book does not deserve as much acclaim as it does. And why, looking back, I feel this book was not optimal for me, but rather oriented towards the obese, couch-potato demographic that do zero exercise and just wants to lose some fat. In other words, this book lacks the hardcore component to what fitness really should be. It's too conservative. Old-fashioned.

To be completely honest with you, this book should simply be titled "Burn the fat". 75% of the content of this book revolves around losing fat and preserving lean body mass as the ultimate answer. And while for the couch potato this might be the best path, for your average Joe this may NOT be the best way to start into fitness. And for the average Joe, "feed the muscle" is very attractive.
There is little in this book that could help a person become experienced in weightlifting, not to mention the lack of information there is in the iron-lifting department, which is crucial to ANY fitness program. You may think my opinion is biased, but the reason I say this is because I've tried many things and I can surely say that the goal of simply "getting leaner" may not be the best approach for everyone. And it wasn't for me.

Another big reason is the fact that most of the advice offered in the book is outdated. At least on the version I read. The six meal plan has been discussed at length many times and by today's standards it is simply obsolete. Research has been done on it. Not to mention other questionable subjects that add little to practical fitness such as the Glycemic Index and the quality of carbohydrates. And as much as I hate to add this sort of criticism, the ideas discussed about mental images and mental practices are overly emphasized and completely unnecessary. In my own experience, the goal of consciously practicing the mental cues he discusses about are a huge waste of time and effort. While the psychology around them may be correct, and as much as they have been proven to work, to simply ask the reader to practice them consciously is just trying to force into them what the brain is automatically and sub-consciously programmed to do. No human input is required for this mechanism to work, however what I would suggest is to focus directly on your immediate work and not forcefully "spam" your brain with goals in order to get it working. This is how I felt the content was directed towards the audience.

To conclude, I would like to recommend this book to any beginner who wants to lose fat and enjoy the process; you will love the easy-to-digest environment this book will offer you, as well as grant you much knowledge on the ever-confusing topic of nutrition. But I would also suggest you take everything with a grain of salt. Don't make the mistake of making this your Bible like I did, since the lack of completeness of it may skew your perception of what fitness is comprised of, and fitness extends beyond the scope of this book.

While this book had the potential to truly encompass a greater and more solid arrange of fitness topics and information for the general public, in the big picture it falls into that of a program that is just not solidly justified, and works for only that of a specific objective: fat loss.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you could only get ONE book on fat loss or body transformation, then this just might be it! Find out why…, December 10, 2013
Forgive me for being so blunt, but I’m just going to say it. This is quite possibly the last book you’ll ever need to buy about fat loss and body transformation. And in this review, I’ll give you 12 reasons why you should buy it, and 1 very important reason not to!

And if you would, please excuse the utter enthusiasm in which I’ve written this review. I’m just so excited that this book is finally available, that I can’t wait to tell you about it. You’ll find out why in a minute.

But before we get to that, you should know that nobody – including Tom or his publisher - asked me to write this review, and I receive absolutely nothing for publishing it here on Amazon. I’m doing this because Tom’s book is absolutely outstanding and if you’re visiting this page, then you need to hear about it! And I’m also doing it because I know how hard Tom has worked on this project over the years, and I want to do anything I can to help it succeed. Because what’s contained in this book could very well change your life - in no uncertain terms.

Now, I got a preliminary copy of the book, and I’m writing this review on the day it went for sale in the USA. It already has 12 reviews, all of which are 5-stars – and I’m not at all surprised because not only is this such an amazing book in-and-of-itself, but Tom Venuto has an extremely loyal following of die-hard fans who probably can’t wait to support him.

And so far, all of these reviews say basically the same thing: “This book is awesome, and if you need help with fat loss or body transformation, then you should buy it.” That’s the short version. But here’s the thing. A lot of people on Amazon simply give a 5-star review because they really like a product, but they don’t really go into detail why. Not me. So, I’m just going to let loose and tell you EXACTLY what I like and don’t like about this book, how it can help you (with specifics) and hopefully, help you figure out if this book will be right for you – your needs, goals, and unique circumstances.

So, needless to say, this is NOT just another 5-star review…

And you should know that I don’t give out 5 stars easily – believe me. In fact, I’ve reviewed hundreds of products in the fitness niche (only a few have been published on Amazon), and I can count on one hand how many have received 5 stars. So, I’ve got some very important reasons why this book did. Needless to say, don’t buy this book until AFTER you’ve read why Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle is worth every one of those 5 stars. Do your homework BEFORE you pull out that credit card!

Now, I first read the original version of Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle (ebook edition) in 2006. I was a budding personal trainer looking to expand my knowledge of nutrition, fat loss, and body transformation, in general. And upon my first reading, I was amazed at how utterly comprehensive and helpful BFFM was. And since then, I’ve come back to re-read most of the chapters a second, and sometimes even a third time. It’s become a go-to reference of mine over the years that I keep coming back to again and again. The first version was that good!

And now, with this new and improved, fully-updated version of the original copy, this book is something else entirely, and dare I say – nearly PERFECTED.

The fact of the matter is that many diet, nutrition, and weight loss books come and go, but Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle is here to stay. And coincidentally, even though it’s just been published by a major company, it has been helping people “burn the fat” for the past ten years. And I’ve been witness to that since I first read it in 2006.

Something you should know is that I’ve been a member of Tom’s Burn The Fat Inner Circle website community since 2006, which is a support community for people who are using his Burn The Fat system. And in that time, I’ve personally witnessed thousands – yes, thousands – of incredible body transformations by people who have been “burning the fat together” over the past several years. And let me tell you, these people come from ALL walks of life – young and old, fat or fit, men, women, people with special dietary needs or health problems, strength and endurance athletes – you name it. I’ve seen story after incredible story of triumph over weight problems and other health issues like diabetes, arthritis, and heart disease just to name a few. And the one thing they all have in common is that they’re all using Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle.

This book is the real deal, folks, and if you give it a chance, it could very well be one of the most important investments you make for your health, fitness, and quality of life… IF you are the right kind of person for the program because not everyone is (I’ll tell you who it’s best suited for in a bit).

So, first things first. Is this book a scam, fad, or gimmick like so many products in this industry? Most decidedly no! It is certainly not a scam as Tom’s reputation can attest to. He’s been online helping hundreds of thousands of people for over a decade now, and so I think fad is also out of the question. A gimmick? Hardly. This program works because it’s based on principles that work and have always worked. And those principles have been tested and proven in both the latest research literature and in real world testing the world over – in 154 countries and counting, last I checked.

So, let’s talk a little bit about the product PROS and ADVANTAGES now.

PROS

The first PRO is that this program actually delivers on all of its claims. Imagine that! And in all seriousness, that’s actually saying something in an industry that is rife with endless scams and gimmicks. But seriously, if you follow this program to the TEE, then you will absolutely achieve your body transformation goals – whether you want to lose your first 10 pounds or the last 10 pounds, build some lean muscle, shape up, tone up, or get ripped. This program will do exactly as advertised. And that’s a rare thing in today’s weight loss and fitness market.

The author walks the talk. Tom has been living this stuff for decades, and the system that he teaches in BFFM is exactly what he’s been doing himself for many years. He practices what he preaches, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Plus, as you’ll read about in the introduction, he’s got a bit of a back story where his health and body fat levels weren’t exactly hunky-dory. But needless to say, he’s come a long way from his chubby youth and college days and has been helping people like you ever since.

Tom doesn’t beat around the bush about what it really takes to lose weight, get lean and stay lean. He doesn’t sugar-coat it or tell you that it’s going to be easy. He’s honest with you about what it really takes to succeed. So, you can rest assured that you’re getting the truth about fat loss, nutrition, and body transformation – not some hyped-up nonsense that may sell well, but not work well.

The book is comprehensive and chock-full of relevant information on the topics of fat loss and body transformation that is commonly accepted within the fitness profession. Everything you need to succeed is in this book, and there is nothing extraneous either. It is both broad and deep in scope, and yet laser-precise in its super-simple implementation.

The program is fairly structured, yet flexible enough to be customized to your unique needs, goals, and circumstances. In fact, you can eat practically any type of diet with the BFFM system and still achieve your goals as long as you adhere to the principles contained in the book. You can eat 3 meals a day or 6 meals a day, a vegetarian diet or paleo diet, low carb, etc. BFFM is all about making your nutrition, exercise/training, and other lifestyle habits personalized to help you make this new lifestyle work for you and your unique needs and preferences.

Everything you’ll find within BFFM is science-based, but the book is also easy reading. This is no text-book, and yet everything you’ll find within has been tested and verified using the latest scientific research available. This is another rare quality in this industry.

BFFM is real-world tested and proven. Like I said earlier, the ebook version of this book has been around for a decade and hundreds of thousands of people from all walks of life have put it to the test – using the system as-is on their own. And the success stories have been coming in droves ever since. People all over the world have been singing praises about BFFM for nearly a decade now, and it’s not going to slow down anytime soon.

It’s appropriate for both newbies and veterans. No matter what your starting point is, BFFM will take you by the hand and show you exactly what you have to do to achieve your goals – step by step – whether you’ve been training and dieting for years or have never done any exercise or even thought twice about your diet before.

Goal-setting, goal achievement, and mental training is built-in to the curriculum. In fact, mental training is one of the four pillars of BFFM that will give you that extra edge in actually achieving your goals. Most other weight loss books don’t even touch on this critical component of a successful body transformation, but BFFM gives you all the tools you need to rewire your mind for success.

BFFM has many time-saving tools to help you get started right away and succeed over the long-term. You’ll find meal plans, workout programs, a progress journal, among other things to help walk you through the process of making the necessary changes in your lifestyle. Again, it’s everything you need, and nothing you don’t need.

The book is organized to make it really easy to get started immediately and start seeing results right away. There is even a 28-day quick-start plan that’s included to help you boost your metabolism and start burning fat ASAP. And if you follow the program, you’ll probably start to notice results within the first week.

Which leads me to my last point…

This book offers an EXTREMELY high value for your money. For a comprehensive, do-it-yourself book on the subject of body transformation, you can’t do much better than this for your dollar. You really can’t. Seriously, you’ll be getting a complete system to help you transform your body that you can literally use for the rest of your life (since it’s based on principles – not fads or trends). There is a LOT of material included in this book, and none of it is superfluous. In fact, the knowledge inside is worth far more than what they’re charging for it. So, if you’re shopping around for a weight loss or body transformation program based on value, then this is definitely well-worth your consideration.

Suffice to say, if you buy this book, and actually USE it, then you will be not just satisfied, but thrilled that you invested the money. You won’t regret the decision to buy at all, but you must DO the work.

And that leads me to the CONS and DISADVANTAGES of this book.

CONS

If there is one fault with Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle, it’s that I can’t find any serious faults at all. I really can’t. And believe me. I tried! But I seriously cannot find anything worth criticizing. Maybe I will identify some weak points or drawbacks at some point in the future, and if so, I’ll update this review, but I wouldn’t hold my breath, if I were you.

In fact, the ONLY real disadvantage of this product is that it won’t do the work for you. You’ll actually have to apply the information to succeed. And that’s the kicker, isn’t it?

So, is Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle right for you? And who is it best-suited for?

Well, if you want to burn some fat (whether 10 lbs or 100+ lbs), build some muscle, get leaner, stronger, and improve your fitness, AND you are willing to work hard using a no-nonsense system that is fully customizable to your needs, goals, and unique circumstances, AND you want to make the changes permanently and naturally, then YES, Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle is definitely for you.

In fact, I can’t think of a single person or instance where I would NOT recommend this book to someone who was at all interested in fat loss, body transformation, or health and fitness, in general. I really can’t.

So, my advice is that almost anyone even remotely interested in health and fitness would benefit from reading this book. You can thank me later.

Advice to Prospective Buyers

I’m not a spender. I’m a penny-pincher. I don’t spend money without thoroughly evaluating a product for myself and confirming that it is, in fact, the best product to meet my needs (even if it’s cheap). I’m also not made of money, nor am I afraid of returning something that doesn’t meet my expectations.

Over the last several years, I’ve gotten a lot of mileage out of this book, and I will definitely continue to reference it in the future and will enthusiastically recommend it to friends, family, and my clients. So, if you’re looking for top-of-the-line fat loss and body transformation system that will give you the truth, and nothing but the truth, when it comes to changing your body, then I highly recommend Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle. Consider this my full endorsement.

The Bottom Line

I know you’ve never met me before, and there’s absolutely no reason for you to trust me at all. I could be a clinically insane psychopath who is hell-bent on lying through my teeth to as many people as possible during my short time here on Earth. I may get sadistic pleasure from misleading you like so many of my ill-minded colleagues. Or, hey, I could have been hired by one of Tom’s publishing agents to boost his sales of the book. And for all you know, I could be a complete lunatic! Anything is possible.

But in the event that my product review stirred up even the faintest hint of trust in me – and gave you a glimpse into what I truly want for you and for our society as a whole – then please listen very carefully to what I’m about to share with you because it’s important.

I’ve been around the fitness and weight loss industry long enough to know the good guys from the bad guys, and the truth from the fiction. And let me tell you, Tom Venuto is one of the good guys who speaks the truth. He really is. And if you’re willing to do your part, then I guarantee Tom’s book can help you achieve your goals.

In fact, if you give it just one chance, it could very well be one of the most important investments you ever make for your health, fitness, and quality of life - as it has been for so many others before you.

So, go forth and embrace the burn! Pick up a copy today – right now, even. And when it arrives on your doorstep, make sure you crack it open as soon as possible and DO something with this powerful resource instead of letting it collect dust.

And with that, let me leave you with a quote from Tom:

“There's no secret to getting started. You simply decide and then take your first step. With each subsequent step, the next one becomes easier.” – Tom Venuto

And as Tom often says, train hard and expect success!

Happy burning!

John Sifferman
Health-First Fitness Coach
Diehard fan of Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle since 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Tom teaches, in a new and exciting way the true fundemental principles of fitness and weight loss that truly work., December 11, 2013
Length:: 1:42 Mins

Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle '5 Stars'
Here's why: Among the overwhelming plethora of fitness, weight loss and exercise books on the market today there are very few that will survive the test of time. Tom Venuto's latest book, Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle will be one of them. If you're looking for the "latest trend" you won't find it in this book. Nor will you find within its pages the recipe for some quit fix fad diet. What I found was exactly what I thought I would-concrete information on what really works. Strength training to build muscle, build muscle to burn fat... what a concept! That may sound facetious but it's not meant to be. Fitness has taken so many confusing twists and turns over the past 30 plus years very few "experts" are still teaching that one fundamental truth.

For almost that long Tom has been in the field not only teaching but providing empirical evidence that the tried and true methods he so eloquently disseminates in the pages of Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle actually does produce extraordinary results.
Knowing Tom and his work for the past several years I was not surprised but rather delighted to find that he also covers, at great length the "mindset" component of getting and staying fit. He uses the example provided by the late Dr. Maxwell Maltz when describing the human mind as a goal seeking servo mechanism and provides several strategies and tools for getting clear on the core motivating objective and staying the course, which as we know is a huge part of the challenge for the vast majority of people trying to get and stay in shape.

The nutrition approach in the book is spot on. While everyone else is shouting from the rooftops to avoid carbs, eliminate all fats, cut fruits completely or go Paleo Tom provides a plan we can not only live with but get real and lasting results with. Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle provides just enough information about macro and micro nutrients to educate us as readers without the risk of overwhelming us with data overload. Unlike the study and data heavy nutrition or diet books written by the plethora of (jump on the diet bandwagon) MDs out there Tom's nutrition strategies, although comprehensive and individualized are anything but confusing and lead to real action not overwhelm.

The truth is, because of the friendship and admiration I have for Tom I wanted to be critical of this book so not to look bias, but I could not find what I was searching for... something missing or to be critical of. Burn The Fat Feed, The Muscle is as comprehensive as you can get without scaring us as readers away with the sheer physical weight of the book itself. Does Tom have more knowledge and expertise to share? If you ever meet the guy you'll immediately recognize that, as comprehensive as Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle is it represents the surface of Tom Venuto's experience and expertise. I can't wait to see what's next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Think "habit" and not "diet", December 10, 2013
Back in 2003, I somehow stumbled across this ebook called Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle. At the time, ebooks were totally new and I just started writing one myself. I recall downloading and reading the whole thing cover to cover on a plane flight to Dallas. With each sentence, being blown away by the information even though I'd been involved in the sport for a number of years.

It was a game changer then and it's still relevant today. In fact, even with all the new information, the core is still the same timeless principles that you'd use to build muscle or burn fat. This isn't a diet book. It's a well researched, easy to read book about nutrition and exercise. One that should be used by the school system to educate them and parents on proper nutrition for a healthy well rounded lifestyle.

Today the internet fitness circus is all about ego and personality. Videos of somebody without any credentials and no evidence to backup wild claims, who failed public speaking and lighting 101 litters the scene. I really feel for the younger people getting information on health these days. I used to think a lack of information was bad. Today, it's not only information overload but it's horribly misguided information overload.

Tom has trained thousands of people and he's got the credentials and study to back up the claims. Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World is a well researched book based on study, evidence, and client success. It's a lifestyle book and not a diet. There is nothing fad about this.

It's well worth the money. This is one of those rare read, and re-read 15 years from now and it's still totally useful and valid.