5.0 out of 5 stars Great Arcade Racer
If you liked the NFS earlier series game engine then you'll like this Arcade Racing Game.

The Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box Download from Amazon can be activated and downloaded right from the ORIGIN client after you get the activation code, my preferred method.
Published on January 31, 2012 by Sherwood Peterson

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT include all the DLC.
Published 23 months ago by S. Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Arcade Racer, January 31, 2012
Sherwood Peterson (Westminster, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box [Download] (Software Download)

It worked with Windows 7 64bit, Steering Wheels and Gamepads. I tried both a xbox360 gamepad controller (work without configuring) and a Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 (worked after configuring) without issue.

I was able to set graphic settings to 2560X1600 (high,medium,low,AA options available). Plays without glitches, but I have a beefy system by today's standards. (I975@4Ghz, SLI GTX580's 1.5gb, 12GB system ram, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS display). You can turn off music and even arrange the in game music selection and organize the order.

The menu is hard to understand at first like "exiting the game" and finding the "setting menu" was awkward. I suggest you do a search for *Criterion Burnout Paradise PC Q&A* before playing the game so you know how to "exit the game." The brief Q&A will also show you how to setup a controller and other stuff.

I haven't played Multiplayer as that is not my thing with racers, only FPS games. I never played the console versions so I couldn't compare to them either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great city, improved physics, June 11, 2012
My favorite game yet.

My one criticism of Burnout, the first time I played an earlier version of the game, was that the physics and crashes were super lame and utterly ridiculous. I was playing that on XBox or PS3 (can't remember which).

This is the first time I have seen a Burnout game on PC. I got it, and I have to say I have never seen a more compelling game. For one thing, it works even without a fancy graphics card, but nonetheless preserves attractive realistic shading. I have a Dual-Core 2.00 GHz Pentium processor on a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop with the default chipset and 4 GB of RAM. Also, it has a map with every kind of temperate territory you can name (except, perhaps, Piedmont pine forests) :-)

There are 75 cars which are not real (Ford, Chevy, Ferrari, etc.), but look very real and probably are close spin-offs. Events are sprinkled throughout the city which you win to win new cars. Sometimes, for an extra challenge, you have to shut a car down to win it.

My favorite game yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent arcade racer, March 26, 2012
I'm not a racing fan, but this game is surprisingly fun. Zooming down the streets and drifting around corners is simple and satisfying. Great game for just about anyone, even if you don't normally like these kinds of games.

My only gripe with the game is that it doesn't include all the dlc and there are no plans to release the rest of the dlc for the pc version. I wanna drive the DeLorean.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT include all the DLC., October 23, 2012
I love this game on Xbox. It's not so hot on PC. Our friends at EA decided to "end of life" the store. You're not getting all the Burnout Paradise DLC in the "Ultimate" version. I'm not sure what you do wind up getting. I know the base Bikes is on there. I think that may be the only thing that separates this from the original version... The two motorcycles. (I really hope I'm wrong there. I know there's not much of the DLC here regardless.)

The PC never even got the Big Surf expansion like the console version.

Thanks again EA!

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome PC racer, July 10, 2012
An excellent racing game and an excellent port. Pros + Open-ended: thousands of opportunities for you. You just want to crash to other cars? You can do it. You want to race? Race. + Excellent graphics, improved from the console version. + Smooth and clean control system (tested with X360 controller) + Good soundtrack + Packed with all the DLC availalble until release + Nice netcode. + No loading times Cons - Some Burnout fans may not like the new open-ended world - Few customizable cars/options

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best arcade racers out there, January 17, 2013
Lots of fun
lots of 'off map' driving
loads of different things to do other than a simple race.
worth every penny

1.0 out of 5 stars Some DLC no longer available., October 23, 2012
Game is great, well worth the cost, just a heads up that most of the DLC is no longer available for download in this "Complete package" and is only available to people who edit game files to unlock it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Burnout Shop Taken Out, August 2, 2013
I had $5 Amazon credits so I decided to spend it on this game which was on sale for $5. For the PC version, EA had taken out the Burnout shop so you can't access to a myriad of DLCs that Ultimate Box is supposed to have. It's a great game but this is just disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful game!, April 20, 2012
I picked this up on a killer sale! I am not a huge gamer, but with my relatively recent computer upgrade I wanted to get a game to push my rig a little and have a little fun.
I have always been a big fan of the Burnout franchise on the Play Station, and when I found this on sale I figured that I could't go too far wrong... and this game is quite fun!

Being made for consoles the default controlls are a bit... well... unplayable. You will have to remap controlls for keyboard, or better yet get a USB game pad and use that (that is how I play).

The game is fun! I am not a fan of games that try to be real (most racers, and shooters fall into this category), but this keeps with the good premice that if I wanted to drive a car on a road with traffic and worrying about police and speed limits then I would simply go drive my real car. This is for getting an insanely fast car, throttle it down the road, hit a ramp, and try to bury it into a building! the cars and environment are exceptional for a console port. The races are fun, and wile stupid easy at first, do get challenging over time. The map is detailed and very multifaceted with lots of area to explore for being a closed map. Music selection is fun as always, but not quite as good as some of the previous titles.

My only complaint (other than the controlls) is that crash mode (now called "showtime") is simply not as fun. Perhaps it is the lack of multiplayer aspect like the older console versions had. Perhaps it is because it feels more like katamari. But what use to be the best part of the game is now the weak link.
Still, the rest of the game is very solid!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Game, August 10, 2014
Excellent game and works well on Windows 7! One tip: if you want to gain access to the features which EA no longer offers online, along with Big Surf Island, download the Vanity Pack. A group of online players did the programming for it and it is available for free; just search for it. Also, as of August 2014, there are still quite a few people playing online!

Rate and Discover Movies