Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Burp Cloths - 4 pack, 18'x14'
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Item Package Quantity: 4|Change

on May 27, 2013
Both my husband and I love these burp cloths and prefer them to all others that we received as gifts.

Soft
They are, by far, the softest cloths we own. Before we had our son, this wouldn't have meant anything to us, but it certainly does now! Our son is an overachiever in the spit-up department, therefore we are wiping his face constantly. We have a ton of burp cloths, and I was shocked to discover that a lot of them are downright scratchy. I wouldn't want to repeatedly rub MY face with those, yet alone his.

Large
They are also larger than your typical burp cloth, which means more surface area to soak up baby goo. This also means these last longer between washings (speaking of which, I found they wash really well).

Simple
I hate the weird three-panel sizes and cutesy patches they sew onto patterned burp cloths. These are simple - a square beige cloth. There are no cute dinosaur/frog/duck patches to dodge scraping over his mouth and no stylish red and black lines that leave you wondering if you should wash with the lights or darks... Hopefully someone out there knows what I'm talking about here.

These are pricier than other burp cloths, but IMO they are absolutely worth it. We have two sets of four, but I'm getting another. When I was pregnant, I kept reading over and OVER again how people recommended using cloth diapers for burp cloths, and I have to tell you, we hate those the most.

If you are on the fence, get one set. I'm guessing you'll either wash them like crazy or buy lots more.
on May 4, 2009
We received a lot of burp cloths when our first baby was born - one pack was from under the nile, the rest were other brands (non-organic, cheaper). The under the nile material immediately felt softer than the others and, after a few washes, all of the other burp cloths started pilling. The under the nile burp cloths seemed to get even softer with each wash. We found ourselves digging through our pile of clean cloths looking for one from under the nile! We wound up buying another pack, and now that we're expecting our next baby, we have gotten rid of all of the other burp cloths. There is really no comparison, especially considering how many times a day we had to wipe our baby's soft, delicate face.
on March 25, 2011
This Egyptian cotton feels somewhat rough and NOT soft and silky like pima cotton or silk. I buy pima cotton baby items, and Under the Nile burp cloths are much rougher. Also, the manufacturer doesn't respond; but, when called, they seem confused about their cotton and their products; finally, customer service became rude. Two layers of what appears to be knitted interlock are sewn together like a pita. The fabric doesn't absorb well as muslin or other knits. Water or saliva slides off, so you end up smearing saliva and spit up instead of absorbing it. If you have a large spit up, it takes a long time for the moisture to be absorbed; so you have to cup the cloth in your hand for some time to prevent the liquid from oozing down the slopes of the cloth. You'll find yourself reaching for kleenex tissue in order to absorb the liquid on the burp cloth so that it doesn't spill everywhere. I knew that I should have ordered the muslin burp cloths. Now I'm stuck with worthless cloths. NEVER AGAIN!
on October 29, 2011
We purchased about 40 of these burp cloths and found that ones made in 2010 were really soft and perfect for spitups in terms of absorbency and size. Anything made in 2011 was really crappy cotton that was rough and scratchy. As long as you get the right batch, they are worth a five star rating. I think they are much better than the Aiden and Anais burp cloths. Aden & Anais Dribble Burpy Bib Princess Posie 2 Pack
on May 6, 2013
In my pursuit for organic/natural items in my son's nursery, this brand has been at the top of my list. I LOVE these burp cloths and have used them everyday all day from the moment we brought him home from the hospital. They are thick, absorbent, very soft, a good size (easily cover the shoulder), durable and well made. I have washed and dried these several times per week over the past 6 months and they still feel fantastic - no pilling, no loose threads, no issues at all. I have been so happy with this brand (clothes, toys, etc.) and highly recommend them! It's a relief to know that anything this close to my baby's sensitive skin (and mouth!) won't cause him any issues!
on September 17, 2011
I have not used these yet, being only 36 weeks along, but these are super soft! I am very, very cheap and buyer's remorse is a weekly feeling of mine, but I love these and am getting an extra set just in case!
on May 6, 2013
used these with my first and second babies. wish they would produce a colored version, but only if envi safe /non-toxic dyes were possible/affordable. but that is being picky. it's great to feel that you have a safe product when your baby's skin will spend so much time resting on it. my older toddler still uses "my cloths" as a comforting item to hold when napping etc.. these have held up really well in the wash - I bought extras last year and quality is consistent. with my second baby this year I ordered the larger 18x14 and love the extra size but the regular size was great as well. recommend these highly.
on August 17, 2015
These are quality burp clothes. You can't go wrong. They are super soft and will do the job in absorbing liquids and baby's spit up. I initially bought four to test them out. I loved them so much I ended up ordering another 8.
on March 17, 2013
These are nice and organic burp clothes but they are too small to cover much and too thick to use under the chin. I'm sure some people like them but I ended up using the less expensive and larger size burp and diaper cloths.
on January 25, 2013
We first bought them with our son and then our daughter. They seem to be bigger now, but these are the best cloths as they are soft and durable. And they are able to wipe up and soak up the spit up rather than just smear things around.