5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scope
Published 23 months ago by Humberto

3.0 out of 5 stars Not ideal for 22LR
I purchased this scope as a short to medium range sight for a 22LR. I was comparing this scope to another gun I own with the Leatherwood Hi-Lux CMR 1-4x. There is no doubt that the Burris has a larger eyebox and a bit more eye relief. The Burris also has a much brighter illumination as well. However the larger eyebox has some drawbacks compared to the CMR. I noticed...
Published 21 months ago by Buyer51

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scope, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Burris 200437 MTAC 1-4 x 24 Illuminated Scope (Black) (Sports)
I mounted this scope on my AR using the Burris QD mount. It was purchased with the intension of using it in 3 gun competitions. So far it has been sited in and put through some paces out to 400 yards. Product looks to be well built. Clean clear glass. I found the reticle to be a little large on the upper yardage but I knew this going in. It didn't matter much since at 300-400 I am hold over. Did not find the need to use the lighting. We will see how it does after some use. So far I am very satisfied!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best glass for the money!, May 29, 2013
The MTAC is an amazing product for the money. The illuminated reticle is nice and bright. I could see it clearly on a bright sunny day. If you don't want to use the illumination, the reticle is still visible in plain black when off. I actually prefer the illumination off a lot of the time. The optics are super clear. 1x feels to be pretty darn close to true 1:1. I also like that there are off positions between each illumination setting. The eye relief is great!

My only gripe is that it didn't come with any kind of lens covers. I personally feel that any optics should come with some sort of lens protection. For those who are looking for Butler Creek flip open caps, here are the ones you need for this scope: 02A and 16

UPDATE:
I contacted Burris about something unrelated to this product, but I happened to mention that I wish my MTAC came with lens covers. The guy was awesome and said that he would try to dig some up and send them to me for free! I just got them yesterday. Bikini style caps that get the job done. Burris has top notch customer service! I will definitely be purchasing more Burris products in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great 3gun scope for a great price, March 4, 2013
The reticle is bright enough for day time use. It takes care of the need of a red dot and a normal zoom scope.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will love or hate it, February 3, 2014
... and I love it. I highly recommend you look through an MTAC before buying one. The reticle is somewhat large. Personally,I like it a lot. Now that we have that out of the way, let me say this scope i awesome. I waited until I got it so that I could see if I needed a reflex sight for close work. Nope. At 1 power, it is easy to acquire your target. Instead of getting the reflex sight, I ordered a 3 gun scope ring lever. Should make it easier to go from 4 power to 1 power and back. The setup is used with a AIM Sports Tactical scope mount (works great and reviewed recently here) on a PSA AR-15 with the fixed sight up front. At 4 power, the front sight is invisible, 2 power, the front sight is barely a ghost, at 1 power, it is visible (the bottom 3rd of the scope) and I have no problem at all with it. I was ready to purchase a riser but I don't need it. Sighting in was easy. The glass is crisp and clear. For the money, this scope is practical and useful. If nothing else, you should look at one at your Sporting Goods shop and see for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scope Love, February 18, 2013
This is a great scope, the illumination brightness is adjustable so any lighting scenario. Very crisp and clear glass and the magnification is perfect. I recommend this scope highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, January 29, 2014
I know this is popular with people who shoot in 3 gun competitions, so I thought I would give it a try. I first had it on my sig 556R, but then switched it to my S&W M&P 15. The illumination feature on it is really cool, although not necessary in daylight. I like how it is automatically switched off in between every magnification. It makes it very easy and convenient to shut off.

The lens is clear and crisp, even at 4X magnification.

It is a great scope for the money.

It thus far has lived up to its' hype!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome scope., March 5, 2014
If you are looking to hunt at close to medium ranges and also have an optic for CQC this is the way to go if you are trying to avoid the 1000 plus cost of an ACOG. I actually like that I have 1-4x variable zoom instead of fixed. I was able to sight it in at 100 yds, with very tight groups, rather quickly. I also really like the brightness mechanism as well. All around great scope for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots for your money, November 14, 2012
This is a great product 100% happy.Clear as a bell great eye re leaf.Use in 2&3 gun matches holds center great running up close and then out to 350yd holds true.Easy to site in and adjust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing clarity,accuracy,solid scope, December 29, 2013
Right out of the box this scope exceeded my expectations. The fit and finish is perfect. I am able to connect shots at 100 yds with an ar-15. That is serious accuracy and this scope makes it easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The clarity was great and I loved the zoom capabilities for those longer ..., August 24, 2014
I just received my Burris MTAC this weekend. I took it out to the range and I was impressed. The clarity was great and I loved the zoom capabilities for those longer shots. I did have one issue with mine. The illuminated reticle would go out on me when I fired or the bolt went forward. I seen someone else had the same issue here on Amazon. I took off the battery cap and pressed down on the battery while releasing the bolt. It stayed illuminated. I then decided to take a small paper tab from the box my ammo was in and laid it on the battery and reinstalled the cap. The reticle stayed illuminated the entire 120 rounds I fired. I will contact Burris about this but it's not a deal breaker. I had some thin o-rings laying around that fixed this issue.

Note: My MTAC came in a black, white, gray camouflage box from BESTSELLER21 fulfilled by Amazon. Is this another design they have on there factory boxes?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›