1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Scope for the Price, October 20, 2008
This review is from: Burris Landmark 20x50mm Compact Spotting Scope (Misc.)
My first spotting scope, bought many years ago, was a variable Bushnell scope and it performed fairly well. I then wanted to step up to a better scope and purchased a Leupold® 12-40x60 mm spotting scope and have been very happy with it. Last year, however, while mule deer hunting in Wyoming I found I wanted a spotting scope and didn't have my Leupold. I went to a local store and couldn't bring myself to lay out hundreds of dollars for an expensive scope, so I bought one of these Burris Compact Scopes.

This scope is small and light. Small and light means I'm much more likely to carry it on hunts. I suppose during extended wet, humid weather it might fog, but it hasn't happened to me yet. And sometimes 20x power isn't quite as much as I'd like, but for me it's usable without a tripod for a quick look at a distant animal. The resolution is suprisingly good for the price. Two days ago I used it to spot a distant 5X5 (without brow tines) mule deer while packing out a friend's deer. An hour later I had him on the ground.

In short, for those on a budget, or if you want an inexpensive spotting scope to keep in your vehicle or just need a second low power spotting scope for whatever reason, it will likely do the job for you. For a top of the line scope you'll want to look elsewhere.