Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on January 10, 2013
The Burton Custom is one of the raddest snowboards on the market. It has withstood the test of time, hence it is still in their line of boards. The Channel on this board is so awesome. Many people think that it is just so you have infinite stance options, sure thats true but the main reason is so you dont have all sorts of plastic and hardwear under your foot. This makes it so there is a much better feeling between your feet and the board. Having foam or rubber under your foot allows it to be quite comfortable and reduce the harsh impacts that come with the sport. Burton is the BEST!!!! They are #1
on December 2, 2012
The Burton Burden was the first brand new snowboard I ever purchased and have regretted that ever since. Almost any Burton board from 2008 to present is built with the Infinite Channel System (ICS). ICS is an old technology that allows any stance width as opposed to the limited increments of a traditional setup. When ICS is paired with EST bindings, you get the option to have any degree of stance opposed to the 3-degree increments of normal bindings and are also supposed to give greater feel and flex by the way they connect.
This all sounds well and good, and I thought so when the sales rep talked me into buying a Burton setup with ICS, but when I rode it I felt a chatter between the bindings and the board no matter how tight I screwed the bindings on. Over time, the bindings also slid wider on the channel and I had to fix my stance a few times in one season. Binding stability is the last thing I want to worry about.
I don't see why someone would need this much customization or why Burton would use old technology. I would definitely not recommend a board with ICS to anyone. Don't be another person blinded by `new' technology, go with the more reliable, comfortable models made by companies such as K2, Ride, Lib Tech, and GNU.