Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 9, 2012
One of the hardest things about being a new mom is getting ready to take care of someone who've never met - who no one has ever met. You don't know if baby has sensitive skin or will spit up all the time and always smell like sour milk, or be prone to rash, or have dry skin... You just try to be prepared.

This little kit is great for that reason: it helps you be prepared in more than one way. First, it lets you sample products without committing, and there's enough of each item you get a reasonable length of time to try them out. If you or baby don't like an item, it wasn't a big investment. Second, the travel sizes are perfect for, well, traveling. I keep a huge diaper bag in the car, and also have a small clutch-style one that sees much more use - these products are light and not too bulky for carrying around everywhere.

As far as the Burt's Bees products go, I'm a big fan. Their diaper cream is my favorite - it's effective, thick and paraben-free. I like their soaps, though I've been using a big bottle of BabyGanics Foamin' Fun Foaming Body Wash & Shampoo, Gentle Newborn Formula, Fragrance Free, Refill, 33.8-Fluid Oz Bottle at home and saving these small ones for trips. Once I use up my BabyGanics soap, I'll probably replace it with Burt's.

If you're baby shower shopping, I think this would work well as part of a gift. There are five small products in it, and I wouldn't suggest paying more than a few (2-3) bucks for each one; that should leave enough in your budget for a couple of related items (like a Fisher-Price Rainforest Bath Center or a few towels and washcloths, or even some bath time toys).
on December 3, 2014
I love the Burt's Bees Baby Bee products. We use the shampoo, multi-purpose ointment and diaper cream. I realize not every baby's skin is created equally but I highly recommend the diaper cream! We've never had to use anything else and rashes seem to clear within 24 hours if I catch them at the onset, change diapers more frequently (e.g. every 2 hours) and watch the intake of acidity while healing. The reason I'm only giving three stars is because of the pricing. I paid around $11.50 on Amazon and then saw a similar set at Target for $20 that includes an 8 oz. shampoo, 6 oz. lotion, 2 oz. diaper ointment and 1 oz. oil. That is a MUCH better value and I wish I had seen that first.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 20, 2013
After reading the other reviewers, I assumed they were overreacting when they wrote that these products were small. Nope, they are very, very small. As in smaller than travel size small, mall sample small, not useful small.

This is not the "getting started gift set" that is sold at big box stores for the price listed. This is a smaller-than-travel-version of Burts Bees being sold for the gift set price. Not worth it.

(All of this being said, Burts Bees makes fantastic baby products and this review in no way reflects the contents - only the packaging and price!)
on December 19, 2012
I use Burt's Bee's products for my babies; so, when a friend had her baby, I had to buy. The diaper cream works better than anything I have used. It really prevents diaper rash because the cream does not soak in to the body, it stays on the surface, therefore, it prevents anything from getting through to baby.

I also really like the shampoo without fragrance. Excellent product that works well.

I still use the body cream for both kids (3 & 4 now).

I use all of the baby products by Burt's, and I think they are excellent.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on December 19, 2013
I normally love Burt's Bees products but this in particular the shampoo had a horrible smell and made my baby break out. I returned immediately and went with another brand just as safe with a better scent and my baby dosen't break out
on November 5, 2015
I love this set so very much. It has everything you need for a new baby. One of the main reasons why I bought this is for the travel sized bottle of shampoo. I didn't want my daughter exposed to the questionable ingredients used for their first bath while in the hospital. I packed this in my baby bag, and they were able to use it without any issues. I felt better knowing that I was protecting her from the get go. The Diaper Rash Cream I have found very useful. It has a strong smell (reminds me of the typical Burt's Bees Smell), but it works awesomely well. She is prone to diaper rash and I haven't noticed any ill effects of it yet. The one product I don't use very often is the baby oil. I have used it more for myself! The scent on it is not overly strong and leaves my skin feeling soft and not overly oily.

As I said, I love this set so very much, and I'm making it my must have gift for all of my friends who are having babies.
on December 26, 2014
On hand baby gift. Nice selection of sample sized Burt's Bees products which are gentle and effective. Box is triangle shaped, so easier to display in gift basket than wrapping in a gift box of similar size. Purchased for under $10. Always pleased with Burt's Bees. Will certainly buy again, and again.
on September 6, 2014
Love this product! I love the smell of the products and how soft they make my babies skin. I am on automatic shipping with these but they do last a long time for me so the 2nd shipment came a little too soon. Baby is two months old and I am not even close to being done with the first box.
on April 11, 2016
I do not understand how this product can get less than 5 stars. You are getting what you are paying for, the sizes are accurate the product names peaks for itself. Perfect gift set for a momma going into hospital, at least that is what I used it for. Or as a tester package if your new to the product and just wish to try it out. Great baby shower idea also
on December 18, 2015
I bought this product for a pregnant friend. She is crazy about organic and natural things, so I thought it would be nice to start the baby's bathing habits with all natural Burt's Bees products!
This includes a body lotions, a shampoo/body wash, a cream to powder and oil.
Needless to say, she thought it was a nice little detail for the baby we will be welcoming soon!