5.0 out of 5 stars Burt's Never Fails
Published 22 months ago by S.H.

1.0 out of 5 stars New lame formula
Published on April 1, 2011 by vivian darkbloom

5.0 out of 5 stars Burt's Never Fails, February 6, 2013
This review is from: Burt's Bees Lip Balm, Pomegranate Oil, 0.15 Ounce (Pack of 4) (Health and Beauty)
Another 5 star release from Burt's Bees. The lip balm tastes good, is natural, and it keeps my lips from being chapped! I hate feeling dry before I go on a date. I have been on a natural beauty kick for about 16 months since I found tea-tree oil blemish remover(Blemish Roll-on Stick with Tea Tree Oil + FREE Lip Rescue Ultra Hydrating With Shea Butter)) to clear my face up. Since I had such great success with that, I promised myself I would only use all or primarily natural based beauty products. I had tried so many blends of face cream, cleanser, and strips to unclog my pores with unstable results, when I finally found the tea-tree oil it was a breath of fresh air.

The same goes for the Burt's Bees. I was a lip product junkie- balms, stick, gloss...you name it I owned and used it regularly. My lips were never smooth though! They were still constantly dry or cracked. I hated that feeling. It made me embarassed to kiss my boyfriend and take pictures with my friends. When I found the Burt's Bees, I was hopeful at best. Within the first 3 days I had repaired my dry, chapped lips and I felt so much better about myself!

Between the smooth skin and lips, I had the most confidence in my face that I'd had in my whole life. Using the natural based products gave me a healthy glow and a smooth feel overall. If you suffer from dry skin and lips...try the tea-tree oil stick & the burt's bees. You won't be dissappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Burts Bees, September 23, 2013
G Price (Bloomington, Indiana) - See all my reviews
Always have. Always will. Four pack? Yes, please! I keep one in the office, one near my bed, one in my camera bag and one in the bathroom. I'm never without my BB balm. [PS: it soothes small burns, insect bites and inhaling the peppermint aroma is good for headaches. You're welcome!]

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product & Answering Some Concerns About Burt's Bees, March 7, 2012
As a man, I don't use lip balm much because I rarely get dry lips. Only in the most severe winters do even try to use it and usually only end up buying 1 stick per year. My fiance on the other hand, suffers from severe dry/chapped lips and usually goes through several sticks a year.

She prefers Burt's Bees over traditional lip balms, but as most of us that have purchased lip balms in the past know that Burt's Bees carries a premium price vs other brands. So for the most part, she just buys the petroleum based products (whether Chapstick, Blistex, or the generics).

Expiration: My primary concern about buying this product (since Burt's Bees is natural) is the expiration date. As I mentioned before in my past reviews, buying anything with an expiration date online sometimes becomes a concern for me simply because you don't know if what you're buying is something that's been sitting in a warehouse for months (or years) after the expiration date. I am 99.% sure that Amazon has strict standards and have yet to have a "bad product" from them, so when I made my purchase, I made sure Amazon.com was the company that my item was *SOLD FROM*. Although there are other options for more buying choices, I'm still hesitant if Amazon is not the seller/shipper. Looking at the Burt's Bees balms I have received, I immediately started searching for a date and saw the stamp "3221101" on all my lip balms. So any consumer, especially me would have thought that maybe 32211 = March 22, 2011. But is this an expiration date or a manufacturered date? I started doing some investigation.

According to Burt's Bees corporate page, it is stated that there is a shelf life (due to natural ingredients) but they are unable to provide an expiration date. However, the product should be in good quality condition for 3 years past their date. Further explanation shows that the number stamp I see on my lip balms is actually a lot code that consists of the date it was manufactured and the last 2 digits being the lot code. HOWEVER, for some strange reason, Burt's Bees uses the Julian Date for the first THREE numbers, but the actual year is the normal year. So my number of 3221101 is actually:
322 Julian Date (actually November 18th in Gregorian)
11 = 2011
01 = Batch Number
So based on their explanation, my tubes were made on Nov 18, 2011 and will last until Nov 18, 2014.

Beeswax vs Petroleum: This is an ongoing debate that has advocates for each side. The effects of each are the same (helps moisturize/seal moisture) on your lips. But there are some people who refuse to use Petroleum-based lip balms (Chapstick/Blistex) on their lips due to the fact that it's made from petroleum (same stuff as gasoline comes from) and some say that can cause cancer. On the flipside, beeswax is made from bees which is natural and there are no known side effects. But since there is the danger of the honeybees declining in population, it may not be around forever and in turn, is usually more expensive than petroleum based lip balms. As I said previously, my fiance loves Burt's Bees but it can be quite pricey.

Price: Around here in Nashville, TN, Burt's Bees lip balm is over $3 per stick + tax. Compared to the .99 cent generic petroleum-based lip balms or $1.29 for a brand name like Chapstick, it's no wonder why you would reach for the $1.29 option. However because Amazon is such an awesome place to shop, they sell the regular Burt's Bees 0.15 ounce balms in a 4-pack for around $10.17. The end price per stick is roughly $2.54, so you save over 50 cents per stick. So if you're looking to save money and like Burt's Bees lip balm, just buy it from Amazon unless you can get it cheaper locally.

Hope this review helps!

4.0 out of 5 stars There are EXCELLENT ingredients in this Lip Balm, March 18, 2012
This balm is lightly and pleasantly scented. It is not one of their heaviest lip balms, which I personally like - for daytime/summer use.

APPLICATION:
I apply neutral colored lip liner and then I apply this lip balm. It has very little shine and no tint to it. I apply a light shade of lip gloss on top. I am very happy with the results when I want a natural look.

**I researched a few of the PRIMARY INGREDIENTS for you:

Helianthus annuus seed oil:
Rich in oleic acids and contains high content of Vitamins A, D, and E. Also contains lecithin and unsaturated fatty acids making it a nourishing and conditioning oil for skin and hair. Treats dry, damaged, or mature skin and hair. Provides moisture and protective layer to the skin (Wiki).

Cera Alba (beeswax):
Great for helping hold in moisture and prevents clogging of pores. Can be used as a healing agent and as a freestanding ingredient has been revered for centuries. Helps create a pleasant silky texture in cosmetics.

Cocos Nucifera (COCONUT) oil:
Great for moisturizing! Serves as a protective layer, helping to retain the moisture in your skin. Very mild and great for people with sensitive skin.

Ricinus Communis (castor) seed oil:
Softens dry heels, knees, elbows, patches of eczema, and psoriasis. Provides protection from exposure to drying detergents, hot water, and winter air.

Lanolin:
Lanolin and its related ingredients moisturize the skin, hair and nails. These ingredients act as a lubricants on the skin surface, which gives the skin a soft, smooth appearance.

Pomegranate seed oil:
Extremely rich and nutritious oil, potent source of punicic and ellagic acids. It may be used for internally or externally for its cosmetic and medicinal properties.

I hope this was helpful to you! Enjoy and God bless :)

1.0 out of 5 stars New lame formula, April 1, 2011
Other reviewers are right: the formula has changed, and this is an inferior product. This new stuff just kind of sits on my lips like an oil slick -- it doesn't feel like it's penetrating at all. Bummer. The old formula was my standby, favorite lip balm for years. I'm also annoyed at the sneaky switcheroo -- it's not apparent on the packaging. Won't be buying this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm addicted, August 14, 2013
Started using these in college years ago. Now I am addicted. Honestly cannot live without them. The only comparable product I have found that works a similar level is the Carmex moisturizing lip balm. But now that I can buy a 4-pack of Burt's on here doubt I will ever go back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, I found a good one...., February 12, 2010
I am not a fan of ALL Burt's Bees products but this one is my favorite and a winner. Not too heavy and not too light, it coats well and has an amazing scent. As a person who never smelled pomegranate, I was unsure of trying it, but was tired of the original scent. But I am glad I did. I wish they could make a variation without coconut oil as my husband can not have this on his lips because of allergies. I have one in my purse, one on my desk, and I keep one by my bedside.

Chapstick never worked for me, but this product does. I consider this more of a preventive product than a 'healing' product. If your lips are extremely chapped and this product isn't solving it, try a light coating of Aquaphor on your lips, it helped me one day when they were so brittle and dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, as Add-In, August 15, 2013
This is my all-time favorite lip balm/chapstick. No one will ever convince me otherwise. A perfect blend of smoothness and freshness. If you're buying as an add-in its the cheapest on the internet as a package of 4. If you love it--buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Only chap stick I use., July 4, 2013
Best chap stick. It doesn't melt in your pocket/stays hard for a longer time than the generic ones. Be careful though, not all "burts bees" are beeswax - there are some that have petroleum jelly as its first ingredient.

1.0 out of 5 stars Irritation and burning, December 7, 2013
I have developed either an allergy or sensitivity to this lip balm. I do not have overly sensitive skin either. From my research it is either a sensitivity to the beeswax, lanolin or the peppermint or a combination of all three.

Incase you have any allergies to specific ingredients I have listed them below since frequently you cannot find ingredient lists until you receive your product when shopping on Amazon. Hope this is helpful.

These are the ingredients:

cera alba (beeswax), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene.
Read more at[...]