Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

VINE VOICEon July 4, 2009
I was a big believer in Boudreaux's Butt Paste until my young son developed a diaper rash. A friend recommended Burt's Bees and swore it is a miracle cure for diaper rash. I had my doubts, but she was absolutely right. My baby has never once had even a hint of rash since beginning use of this product. Better still, the ointment is very thick (though easily spreadable) and it stays on baby's butt (does not absorb away into the diaper like Boudreaux's). It lasts longer and is exactly the same price as competing brands (about 9 dollars for a 3 oz. tube).
This ointment is all natural and has something of a lemony scent that is not unpleasant. It works wonders and I would say it is one of those products that new moms should simply not be without. It is worth its weight in gold and keeps your baby's bottom looking as it should: healthy.
on May 7, 2011
I was looking for the info and finally got the answer. This diaper ointmnet has 40% zinc oxide inside, which helps a lot to hel diaper rashes.
44 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2014
Never used another diaper cream after trying this. This took care of the worst of the worst rashes overnight. Never stung or hurt even with open skin. It stays on very well! Smells slightly medicated, but not bad. It may seem a little pricey, but you only need a tiny bit and only have to apply it once or twice per rash to take care of the problem. I only ever used 2 tubes for the 2 years that my daughter was in diapers, so it is WELL WORTH the money!
on July 2, 2014
I grew up using Desitin to prevent diaper rash, which I still think is a fine product. Burt's Bees have made a name for themselves for natural skin care, so I decided to try. It doesn't disappoint; it also doesn't separate like some other "natural" brand does.
on October 20, 2014
This cream is extremely hard to get out of the tube. My wife was unable to even get the cream out. I was able to get the cream out but after a few days the cream turned my babies little bottom into a strawberry. He is no longer walking around,and refuses to sit because his bottom hurts so bad. This cream has just made everything worse, and the more we've applied the cream, the worse it's gotten. I would recommend sticking with Desitin as it doesn't make sore bottoms worse.
on July 11, 2013
Hands down my favorite cream. I have tired many. This has a great smell too! It stays on well and creates a barrier from moisture. Has been a lifesaver when by baby got diarrhea after an antibiotic. I work with a lot of barrier creams for hospitalized people (I'm an RN) and I have to say this stuff is the best barrier cream I have used on my baby.
on March 8, 2015
I don't know how this ointment gets all the positive reviews and I agree with one of the reviewers who said that it is close to impossible to squeeze the ointment out of the tube. I got the Butt paste extra strength and this ointment. The butt paste extra strength (regular one does not work as well) is soft enough to squeeze out of the tube and stays on the skin through the night with the diaper on and it takes care of the red chaffed skin from diaper rash. The burt's bees ointment is so think that I could not squeeze it out of the tube using both of my hands, I was eventually able to squeeze a very little amount and I first got all the oil that came out and then finally the white ointment. Once the ointment came out, it did sort of melt on my fingers so it would be easy to apply to the child bottom and it would not so thick, but getting it out of the tube is so inconvenient that when I have the butt paste that is easy to get out, I'd rather use it since it is very effective. I cannot say anything about the effectiveness of burt's bees ointment as I did not end up using it but it did have this lemony smell which was very natural smelling and some people would really like and some may not, depends on your personal preference.
on December 26, 2014
Ok I don't usually write reviews, but I felt it necessary with this product. My son has sensitive skin so I thought this could be a good product. However, in a matter of an hour he was screaming in discomfort and wouldn't allow either his father or I to pick him up shying away from us completely due to his discomfort. Required a shower to calm him down, I have never seen him react this way to any cream. Could be a good product but maybe not for kids with super sensitive skin.
on August 17, 2015
This is the only diaper cream I use on my kids. I have been using it for almost 3 yrs now, and always recommend it to new moms. The cream works quicker than any other cream I have tried (Bordeauxs, Desitine, Balmex...).

Pros
-super thick cream
-works quickly and need to use less cream and less often than other creams
-great scent
-natural ingredients. No phthalates, parabens, petrolatum, or SLS

cons
-it is scented so may be irritating to sensitive skin (my child is a rehead with sensitive skin and has never had an issue). I never really needed to use this on newborns much. I usually used aquaphor healing ointment as a barrier cream to prevent diaper rash.
-does have a cooling agent, so some kids may not like how that feels
on November 21, 2015
Where do I begin? I was introduced to this cream 6 years ago when having our twins and we still have it in our medicine cabinet because we all love it and use it here and there when we have a rash. Hands down this is the best diaper cream for you babies because for one it works and 2 its all natural. My brother had his daughter two years ago and he called me telling me that he used this other diaper ointment but it would not help her rashes and she would be in so much pain from her bottom being raw. He was living in Europe at the time so I ordered some ointment from amazon and sent it to him to use. He texted me after receiving and using it for few days and thanked me so much for helping relieve his baby girls bottom.