Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Burt's Bees Hand Repair Gift Set
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Size: 1|Change

on February 5, 2011
This is honestly the best "beauty" $13 I have ever spent. As a beauty pageant queen (2010/2011)and business executive, I am constantly on the search for products that are effective, yet easy to use and obtain. With this set, I have found what I need! I purchased it originally on Amazon, and have also found it at WalMart for approximately the same price.
The negatives I have heard here are the following:
kit comes with almond rather than banana hand cream
kit comes with yellow rather than bee print gloves
Let me address both.....
Kit comes with almond rather than banana hand cream: I have never heard of nor used the brand's almond or banana hand cream before this, however the almond hand cream which I received is AMAZING! I seriously received this kit two days ago, and after using this lotion + gloves only for the two days, I have the softest hands I have ever experienced in my entire life. My husband, who has serious scent allergies, is not affected by the smell and tells me that I smell amazing after I put this on before bed. This is the most amazing lotion/cream I have ever encountered (and in my pageant/modeling experience I have tried many products)-- even after washing my hands multiple times throughout the day, the softness lasts...unlike other products that are more expensive and offer just a temporary moisture boost.
Kit comes with yellow rather than bee print gloves --
Really? Ok, yes, the picture on the package shows gloves with a print of little bees on it. Maybe the company should update their packaging. However, I would rather have them spend the money on developing more amazing products like the ones they currently offer. The bee print cotton gloves and the pale yellow cotton gloves (which I received) I would think offer the exact same benefits. Do you see the print when you wear them while you sleep? The pale yellow gloves, which I own as part of this kit, are absolutely amazing. I have purchased many pairs of spa gloves, spending up to $40/pair....and these are just as good as any I've tried. Yes, they are simply cotton gloves. However, they are durably constructed, and fit well on my small hands (many gloves come off my tiny hands during the night because they are too large; these don't do so).
In summary, the gloves + almond hand cream + lemon cuticle cream combination has given me results better than I ever anticipated, and I hope you try it for yourself. Believe me....I have spent several hundred dollars to try everything out there....and Burt's Bees products are second to none!
on February 6, 2013
I get tiny, painful splits at the sides of my nails, especially on my thumbs, when my hands are in too much water (I am not good about using rubber gloves) or when the weather is cold and dry. I also find that putting on hand cream frequently during the day doesn't solve the problem. This little gem of a kit is doing the trick. The gloves are comfy, and the creams that come in this kit are excellent. Highly recommend this for anyone who needs to take better care of their hands...like me! I slathered on the cream and wore the gloves for two nights at first and saw a quick improvement. Now, I will wear them only occasionally to keep my hands soft. I am also using the little tub of day cream and like it, too. I am planning to use this as a little gift in the future!
on December 15, 2010
I saw the other reviews stating that the beeswax and banana hand cream had been replaced by the almond milk cream. Fine with me since I have 2 jars of the banana cream already. Hope the almond works as well as the banana; it certainly feels great on my hands. The almond smells like Amaretto and makes me want to have a drink. Yum! The supplier should have inserted a line about the substitution.

The only objection I have to the kit is that the gloves, which do not have the little bees on them as pictured, are made in China...like most everything else we buy now. Wish they were American made and that they said what the material is. Too stretchy for 100% cotton. I have large hands and the gloves fit just fine.

I ordered the product on Friday night and received it on Wednesday. Not too bad for Christmas time.
on July 7, 2011
The kit was smaller than I expected. Everything seemed just a touch bigger than the "free gift" deals you used to get with cosmetic purchases in some department stores.

The gloves were poorly constructed (it looks like the person who sewed it couldn't hold the seams straight on the sewing machine), and I did NOT like the smell of anything except for the almond cream. The hand repair cream, in particular, had a sharply medicinal and astringent smell that I did not find at all pleasant. I ended up throwing away everything except the almond cream and the gloves.

I LOVED the almond cream. This almost redeemed the entire package for me. It's very thick, but not greasy, and has a light and pleasant almond smell to it.

Honestly, the kit might have been a decent-to-good purchase for about half the price since it did let me sample a bunch of products I've been curious about, but at it's current price, I didn't think it was worth the purchase. Looking back, I wish I'd just bought some well-constructed spa gloves and a bucket of that almond cream.
on January 3, 2015
I WISH I had taken a before photo the night I started using this! Only three nights and I see a HUGE difference! The cuticles around my thumb nails were so cracked that they would bleed. During the cold months (like right now) my hands also get super dry and itchy. I scratch so much in my sleep, that I scratch the skin raw sometimes! Three nights, and my hands are healing, not itchy, and look great! No dry patches!
Mine did not come with the Banana Cream, but instead the Almond. I love that stuff anyway, so it's ok with me. I got the solid yellow gloves. I really wanted the Bee pattern, but they fit nicely and are great quality. So I will deal with it, haha!
The way I use it: I put the cuticle balm on my cuticles. Then apply the shea butter hand repair cream. For my extra dry spots, I apply the almond cream and then put the gloves on. I end up taking them off after a few hours because I can't sleep with anything on my hands (I can't sleep in socks either). But they are still healing! Glad I purchased this!
on September 1, 2013
I have had better moisturizers on my hands. The lotions and potions don't seem to do ANYTHING for my drought-ridden hands. Well, I wash them too much also. I DO love the gloves, though. I have big hands and I was afraid they would not stretch for me. I needn't have worried. They fit me just fine and feel nice and soft. I'm going to try and be more regular with my use of this product and see if there is a cumulative effect. So far...nothing much to write home about.
on February 28, 2016
I purchased the Burt's Bees Hand Repair Kit on February 23, 2016.
The items I received were in as shown in the (current as of the date of this review) photo, a sturdy and pretty drawstring bag containing:
1. Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme - 0.60oz/17g,
2. Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme - 2oz/57g, (this is a full size jar)
3. Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme - 0.49oz/14g, and
4. 1 pair Cotton Gloves.

I did not receive an instruction booklet or the Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Crème as I had expected and was the whole reason I ordered this kit. I already have and am a huge fan of Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme. Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme is very thick and rich and it smells amazing, I was just hoping for something to trade off with.
I am very sensitive to 99.9% of soaps available, and the use of many feels like I am being eaten alive. With extremely frequent handwashing in addition to dish soap my hands are regularly so dry, red and irritated that the skin in between my fingers becomes very raw and along with the backs of my hands and knuckles are so dry I have multiples of mini micro cracks similar to paper cuts that take several days to heal and my hands have a rough jagged leathery feel along with ridges and snags on the sides.
Use of regular lotion didn't help and was actually painful. I tried petroleum jelly in combination with lotions, without results, I switch to a version of lotion from Bath and Body Works that worked as long as I used it after every handwashing and even began using coconut oil which seemed to solve the problem before we moved to the desert but now if not enough because the desert climate is extremely dry and the city uses well water which is also very drying and my hands have gotten progressively worse. Until I found Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme and have seen a big improvement. I received my order for the Burt's Bees Hand Repair Kit on February 27, 2016, and immediately tried some of the Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme on one finger to test it out. I applied some of the Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme to the back side of the hand most in need of repair and then added some Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme from my jar I already had, then put on the gloves and took a nap for 4 hours. and Oh, My... Gawd.
(A). The Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme is noticeably lemony to the point I would want to eat it if I could, but the small very tiny amount I put on the 1 finger made a noticeable difference. Epically huge...
(B). As for the Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme, not a fan of the scent at all. it's sharp and reminds me of something on the tip of my tongue but I can't place it and don't like it. BUT... It's creamy, not greasy, and soaks in FAST.
(C). As I have already said I am a fan of Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme, as it has an almond scent with a hint of cherry blossom, it is thick and creamy, but can have a lingering greasy feel if you apply to dry hands instead of wet hands and if you use more than a dab. But it lasts on my hands through repeated hand washings. so I was already in love.
(D). I am not sure if it was the combination of the Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme and the Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme at the same time in combination with the Cotton Gloves but the change in just a few hours is indescribable in the improvement level. I WILL BE getting MORE.... !!! I will see if I can try and update later to add photos
on November 6, 2008
I have been a big fan of Burt's Bees lemon butter cuticle cream for years, and was very happy to find this little hand healing kit.

The beeswax and banana hand creme is super creamy & highly scented, but the scent dissipates pretty quickly once you start massaging it into your hands. It leaves a slightly greasy feel on your hands, but that's Ok with me.

I follow up and application of the hand creme with massaging the cuticle balm into my nails. This also has a pretty strong scent to it, but it is a little nicer than the banana, it is more natural smelling (even though both products are nearly 100% natural)

Burt's Bees products are the only ones that have been able to heal my very dry hands and fingers.
on March 2, 2016
The Burt's Bees Hand Repair gift set is great! I purchased this set for myself because I have incredibly dry hands; they crack in the winter and are very rough and dry all year round. First, the Almond and Milk hand cream smells amazing. The lotion is thick and creamy but not greasy. It soaks into your skin and leaves them so soft and doesn't leave any type of residue. The Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream has a nice tart smell to it, I use it on my finger tips, because they're the most dry part of my hands and the Almond & Milk one on my palms. I then put the gloves on and sleep with them on. By morning my hands are as soft as silk! I rub the Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream into my cuticles a couple of times thru out the day and I think my nails are growing in stronger and thicker because of this. When I run out I will be buying more. I can't rave enough about this set! If you're on the fence about this product, try it out. You won't regret it!
on January 30, 2016
The gloves came with holes. I saw other reviewers post about this same problem. I thought it was a fluke, but indeed not. In general, I find the gloves just absorb the products. I gave it two stars because my primary reason for purchasing this product was for the gloves; the products included were just a bonus/value-add, but the gloves being a bust negates the purchase..