Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM

on February 5, 2011
This is honestly the best "beauty" $13 I have ever spent. As a beauty pageant queen (2010/2011)and business executive, I am constantly on the search for products that are effective, yet easy to use and obtain. With this set, I have found what I need! I purchased it originally on Amazon, and have also found it at WalMart for approximately the same price.
The negatives I have heard here are the following:
kit comes with almond rather than banana hand cream
kit comes with yellow rather than bee print gloves
Let me address both.....
Kit comes with almond rather than banana hand cream: I have never heard of nor used the brand's almond or banana hand cream before this, however the almond hand cream which I received is AMAZING! I seriously received this kit two days ago, and after using this lotion + gloves only for the two days, I have the softest hands I have ever experienced in my entire life. My husband, who has serious scent allergies, is not affected by the smell and tells me that I smell amazing after I put this on before bed. This is the most amazing lotion/cream I have ever encountered (and in my pageant/modeling experience I have tried many products)-- even after washing my hands multiple times throughout the day, the softness lasts...unlike other products that are more expensive and offer just a temporary moisture boost.
Kit comes with yellow rather than bee print gloves --
Really? Ok, yes, the picture on the package shows gloves with a print of little bees on it. Maybe the company should update their packaging. However, I would rather have them spend the money on developing more amazing products like the ones they currently offer. The bee print cotton gloves and the pale yellow cotton gloves (which I received) I would think offer the exact same benefits. Do you see the print when you wear them while you sleep? The pale yellow gloves, which I own as part of this kit, are absolutely amazing. I have purchased many pairs of spa gloves, spending up to $40/pair....and these are just as good as any I've tried. Yes, they are simply cotton gloves. However, they are durably constructed, and fit well on my small hands (many gloves come off my tiny hands during the night because they are too large; these don't do so).
In summary, the gloves + almond hand cream + lemon cuticle cream combination has given me results better than I ever anticipated, and I hope you try it for yourself. Believe me....I have spent several hundred dollars to try everything out there....and Burt's Bees products are second to none!
on February 6, 2013
I get tiny, painful splits at the sides of my nails, especially on my thumbs, when my hands are in too much water (I am not good about using rubber gloves) or when the weather is cold and dry. I also find that putting on hand cream frequently during the day doesn't solve the problem. This little gem of a kit is doing the trick. The gloves are comfy, and the creams that come in this kit are excellent. Highly recommend this for anyone who needs to take better care of their hands...like me! I slathered on the cream and wore the gloves for two nights at first and saw a quick improvement. Now, I will wear them only occasionally to keep my hands soft. I am also using the little tub of day cream and like it, too. I am planning to use this as a little gift in the future!
on December 15, 2010
I saw the other reviews stating that the beeswax and banana hand cream had been replaced by the almond milk cream. Fine with me since I have 2 jars of the banana cream already. Hope the almond works as well as the banana; it certainly feels great on my hands. The almond smells like Amaretto and makes me want to have a drink. Yum! The supplier should have inserted a line about the substitution.

The only objection I have to the kit is that the gloves, which do not have the little bees on them as pictured, are made in China...like most everything else we buy now. Wish they were American made and that they said what the material is. Too stretchy for 100% cotton. I have large hands and the gloves fit just fine.

I ordered the product on Friday night and received it on Wednesday. Not too bad for Christmas time.
on January 3, 2015
I WISH I had taken a before photo the night I started using this! Only three nights and I see a HUGE difference! The cuticles around my thumb nails were so cracked that they would bleed. During the cold months (like right now) my hands also get super dry and itchy. I scratch so much in my sleep, that I scratch the skin raw sometimes! Three nights, and my hands are healing, not itchy, and look great! No dry patches!
Mine did not come with the Banana Cream, but instead the Almond. I love that stuff anyway, so it's ok with me. I got the solid yellow gloves. I really wanted the Bee pattern, but they fit nicely and are great quality. So I will deal with it, haha!
The way I use it: I put the cuticle balm on my cuticles. Then apply the shea butter hand repair cream. For my extra dry spots, I apply the almond cream and then put the gloves on. I end up taking them off after a few hours because I can't sleep with anything on my hands (I can't sleep in socks either). But they are still healing! Glad I purchased this!
on July 7, 2011
The kit was smaller than I expected. Everything seemed just a touch bigger than the "free gift" deals you used to get with cosmetic purchases in some department stores.

The gloves were poorly constructed (it looks like the person who sewed it couldn't hold the seams straight on the sewing machine), and I did NOT like the smell of anything except for the almond cream. The hand repair cream, in particular, had a sharply medicinal and astringent smell that I did not find at all pleasant. I ended up throwing away everything except the almond cream and the gloves.

I LOVED the almond cream. This almost redeemed the entire package for me. It's very thick, but not greasy, and has a light and pleasant almond smell to it.

Honestly, the kit might have been a decent-to-good purchase for about half the price since it did let me sample a bunch of products I've been curious about, but at it's current price, I didn't think it was worth the purchase. Looking back, I wish I'd just bought some well-constructed spa gloves and a bucket of that almond cream.
on November 6, 2008
I have been a big fan of Burt's Bees lemon butter cuticle cream for years, and was very happy to find this little hand healing kit.

The beeswax and banana hand creme is super creamy & highly scented, but the scent dissipates pretty quickly once you start massaging it into your hands. It leaves a slightly greasy feel on your hands, but that's Ok with me.

I follow up and application of the hand creme with massaging the cuticle balm into my nails. This also has a pretty strong scent to it, but it is a little nicer than the banana, it is more natural smelling (even though both products are nearly 100% natural)

Burt's Bees products are the only ones that have been able to heal my very dry hands and fingers.
on August 23, 2008
This kit is all you need for hand repair. I'm not organized enough to use all the creams as a system and wear the little gloves, but even still each cream works great individually to repair dry and damaged skin. The lemon cuticle cream and the shea butter repair cream give an instant fix. The banana hand cream is good for maintaining moisture on an every day basis and has a really fun smell, but probably not something you'd want to apply before going out into public or shaking hands with other people. The kit comes with a clear drawstring bag to store everything together.
on January 23, 2016
I bought this to hopefully heal my very dry hands from the effects of working in a restaurant kitchen as well as from the cold weather as of late. I loved that it came with the gloves and used natural ingredients. The first night I tried, it seemed to be working well. The second night, I noticed my hand was a little itchy the next morning. The third night, I broke out in a rash and hives all over my hands and wrist. I tried just using the larger jar of almond and milk by itself, and I still broke out. Tried just the shea cream, broke out again. So, something in both of them upsets my skin. I gave it three stars because it seemed a great product other than my reaction to it, but wanted to at least warn others of the possibility of allergic reaction. I don't usually react to lotions, so I don't have especially sensitive skin or anything, either. The gloves are also nice and thick, and were comfortable to wear overnight. I hope to wash them and use them with other lotions at least. The cuticle cream doesn't seem to bother me, so perhaps it was the linalool ingredient I'm allergic to, as it was the only ingredient in the two lotions I haven't used in another capacity before, and that wasn't also in the the cuticle cream.
on January 7, 2016
This would make a good gift. I have used the products in this kit. The lemon nail and cuticle cream works well as far as moisturizing dry, chipped nails and dry cuticles. The almond milk hand cream is okay. You would need to use it on a regular daily basis, I think, to get best results. The shea butter hand repair cream has a creamy consistency---very nice. If you have a flax allergy/ linseed allergy avoid the shea butter hand repair cream. Even though it isn't listed as an ingredient, I still broke out in big welts. Flax and linseed are the only things that make me break out in big welts.
on September 1, 2013
I have had better moisturizers on my hands. The lotions and potions don't seem to do ANYTHING for my drought-ridden hands. Well, I wash them too much also. I DO love the gloves, though. I have big hands and I was afraid they would not stretch for me. I needn't have worried. They fit me just fine and feel nice and soft. I'm going to try and be more regular with my use of this product and see if there is a cumulative effect. So far...nothing much to write home about.