Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon January 21, 2011
I'm a guy, with my hands rough, scraggly, and bleeding from hot water and strong dish soap, hand sanitizer, and six months of wintry dry air and washing baby bottles. Tried several of my wife's skin creams to no real effect.

Last night I ripped open the box from Amazon and applied this not-very-greasy mixture to my sorry skin three times. This morning my hands are very very close to fully healed. Not as soft as my baby's bottom, but soft enough to not snag my tee shirt when I put it on. Stuff smells pretty good to me, too. Mild Eucalyptus like the steam room at the gym - no girly girl aroma on these manly paws.

The container is the size of a large shoe polish can. Easy to stow in a drawer or even a jeans pocket. They label this stuff "a farmer's friend." Now it's my friend, too.

Thank you, Burt, whoever you are.
11 comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2011
I have 2 things nobody ever wants to have

1. Extremely dry hands.
2. Dyshidrosis - a very aggravating form of eczema.

Since switching to only pure soap like Ivory & Yardley's Oatmeal soap.
The Dyshidrosis has healed up well.
However I was still left with very scaly & hard skin.

Using the combination of a foot file & this product on my hands
has really made a huge difference.
I can actually feel soft, breathing, healthy skin on the palms of my hand.

The key in using this product is to use it in steps.
Don't apply too much too fast.

Think of it like washing & waxing your car.
The same principle applies here.
A good wash, then thin layers buffed well give the best results.

There is no water base, so first wash your hands well & let the water
absorb into your skin a bit & pat dry.
Then scoop out a tiny amount & place it into the palm.
Work it in really well all over the hands & in-between the fingers.
Then just apply a tiny bit more a second time after about 10 min.
Your skin will actually absorb the bulk of the oils & be replenished,
without that oily feeling.
You will feel the protection without it feeling unnatural.
on January 3, 2014
I have horribly chapped hands from working in the coffee industry (sanitizer is killer for a girl's paws), and so am always on the look out for heavy duty salves/creams. This one's ok. In the tin it's this odd, solid form you have to dig into to and iget started, but then it becomes a oily/waxy texture as you rub it onto your hands, and it has a slow set in time.

I've started slathering it on at night, sleeping with gloves on (I know, so cool) to give it extra absorption time, and then following up with a hand cream in the morning. This (more intensive than I'd like) routine keeps my hands from cracking if someone looks at the wrong, but they still resemble an old crone's digits.

I'll keep looking for the perfect solution to dunking my hands in chemicals hundreds of times a day.
on December 21, 2015
I'll admit that I committed the worst kind of consumer habit; I heard of a product I wanted, couldn't find it in stores, didn't want the wait of buying it online, bought a similar product instead, then complained that the product wasn't what I needed. Who are you calling lazy? Anyway - I wanted Miracle Salve for my beard. I settled on trying Hand Salve. Now at this point, I know what you're thinking. But in my defense, the wise sage at my local CVS totally confirmed that it was worth a shot. Sadly, it left my beard weeping with oil, though considerably softer. But as my beard despaired, I noticed my hands glowing with the radiance of nurture. The product was fulfilling its designated purpose, used as intended. Imagine that.

I'm a drummer and sound tech, so my hands are get a regular smorgasbord of abuse. But this stuff really combats it well. The smell isn't my favorite, but it's not an unpleasant smell in the slightest. My only critique is the oiliness. It does seem to take my skin some time to sort it out. I've been using it before bed and have seen the best results by using it in conservative amounts consistently.
on August 22, 2004
Smells good. Doesn't leave you feeling clammy like lotion does. It's a good moisturizer, but beware the grease! Oh, and don't leave it in the car - it melts all over. Save it for nighttime.
on February 8, 2014
I LOVE this hand salve. I work with children and have to wash my hands about 50 times a day. My co-worker and i use this salve everyday.

It is a bit greasy at first, but once it soaks in it feels normal and heals your skin.

The fragrance is nice, not masculine or feminine, and the smell goes away after the products soaks in to your skin.

Let's face it, the price it amazing.
on September 30, 2015
Not the greatest hand ointment, but it's ok. It is super greasy. It tends to melt when it is over 80 degrees and is really stinky, it smells like aftershave. Good for a guy, I guess. O'Keeffe's "Working Hands" is a much better brand - It is non-stinky, non-greasy, and doesn't melt so easily.
on April 14, 2015
I love the scent of this hand salve. Really fresh and invigorating. I use this most often at work. I work in a hospital so I wash my hands a lot. This salve keeps my hands soft and smooth. I would definitely recommend it.
on April 12, 2014
this seems to work OK but is greasy and smelly. I made the mistake of taking some vitamins a little while after using this. I wiped my finger tips until they were as dry as they were going to get, but the residual taste from the salve that got on the pills was almost bad enough to make me spit them out. I would not buy it again or recommend it to others. There are other products that probably work as well but that won't leave your hands yucky afterwards.
on January 2, 2016
Believe it or not, I purchased this product for one of my greyhounds to use on his pads. There is a peculiar condition that is seemingly specific to hounds in which their pads become cracked and form painful calluses. I read on social media that this product would relieve this condition and I find it very effective if used regularly. As for would it work on YOUR skin? I would say most definitely as it works remarkably well on my dogs pads which are subjected to salt, ice, hot pavement, etc. I would highly recommend this product....