Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sturgill Simpson Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on July 21, 2010
In my latest discovery that sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) is an ingredient to be avoided, I began reading ingredients on my children's toothpaste. I was horrified at the list on the "Safe to swallow Oral-B toddler toothpaste", and was in search of some toothpaste that didn't disrupt hormones, cause cancer, or cause canker sores. I was hoping to find a review with an ingredients list. I didn't have that, but Burt's Bees did state explicitly that it was SLS-free, and free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates and petrochemicals so I decided to try some for my kids. So far, this is the best that I've found (even Tom's of Maine kids' toothpaste has SLS). Here is the ingredients list in case you'd like to do your own research:

glycerin, hydrated silica, xylitol, calcium sodium phosphosilicate, vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) fruit powder, aloe barbadensis leaf powder, chondrus crispus (carrageenan), stevia rebaudiana extract, sodium cocoyl glutamate, xanthan gum, silica, natural flavor, lecithin, maltodextrin, mica, titanium dioxide, cochineal.

This is not perfect, but I am not horrified to use this on my kids' teeth.
on July 19, 2010
I bought this toothpaste because I needed a fluoride-free option for my children who are not that consistent in spitting out toothpaste. Fluoride is a problem for little ones because they get so much of it in juice and drinks and tap water. After a while they get these spotty places on their teeth enamel called dental fluorosis. Anyway, we'd been using Tom's Fluoride-Free Silly Strawberry and I saw this one and decided that we'd try it for a change. The kids like the taste and it does the job. The price is right. But the coloring tends to stain the white towels. I can get the stains out, but it's just one more thing. So, I guess I'm back to Silly Strawberry. It's sort of unappetizing beige looking, like all the Tom's products. So basically these are the choices.
on January 14, 2011
I wanted to get away from all the toxic toothpaste on the market. I tried Burt's Bees and my kids love it. My husband and I even like it. I feel safer about my kids brushing and swallowing it. Great taste.
on December 2, 2010
We are big fans of Burt's Bees products and loved the children's toothpaste that Burt's Bees made several years back and then discontinued, so I thought this was a sure win. The problem is that although this is labeled as berry-flavored, it has a strong mint flavor that my children tell me makes their mouth burn. Also, when I delved deeper into the product, I found that the coloring is derived from an insect (cochineal). I am a vegetarian and never expected a Burt's Bees toothpaste to be anything but vegetarian. I plan on calling Burt's Bees and complaining about the product.