Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

on December 3, 2012
I didn't purchase this product from Amazon, but had to come and write a review anyway.

Long story short, my infant son has been dealing with severe eczema since he was a few months old. We have taken numerous trips to the pediatrician's office to try and find a solution. His arms were covered in dry bumps and the backs of his legs were bright red, weeping and even bleeding in some spots from the intense dryness and inflammation. It was absolutely horrible. We have tried at least a dozen different creams, lotions and ointments over the past 8 months and nothing has made a significant improvement. We have even tried prescription antibiotic cream, steroid cream and 2% hydrocortisone ointment. We were applying products to his skin with EVERY diaper change and coating him before bedtime. It was tiring for both of us, to say the least. The hardest part was that we were seeing little improvement.

Finally, in desperation, I bought a bottle of Burt's Bees Nourishing Baby Oil. I applied it liberally to his whole body immediately after his bath. No towel drying first. I just pulled him right from the tub and put the oil right on his wet skin.

I can't say enough about the results. We've only been using it for 2 weeks or so and his eczema is completely GONE!!! There isn't a single dry patch to be found anywhere. His skin is soft, smooth and completely hydrated. I am absolutely amazed by how beautiful his baby skin is in comparison to what it looked like before. Seeing him now, you would never know that he ever had a problem with severe eczema.

I plan on telling my pediatrician about this product next time we see him and will encourage him to tell all of his patients about this incredible oil.

No more cracked, weeping skin. No more sleepless nights from the itchiness. No more trips to the doctor and no more expensive, useless prescriptions!!!! This oil is a life changer!!!!
44 comments72 of 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2014
I love giving my baby a massage with this baby oil each evening after her bath. It smells delicious! It is great for massaging, but it also absorbs quickly, so she is not an oily mess. Highly recommended!
on May 26, 2012
This oil has been very helpful in keeping my babies skin moisturized since she was born. It's all natural, absorbs quickly and smells wonderful as well.
on September 6, 2012
This stuff works just as described! It goes on very smoothly and has a very pleasant aroma. This oil can be used anywhere on your body to keep your skin healthy.
I've even used it on my hair and scalp to keep the old age itch away and it works great. Wife loves this oil too.
on January 15, 2014
My favorite oil for kids and adults. Wouldn't use anything else and people always say my kids smell so good after they give them hugs. Even put it in their hair.
on November 2, 2013
It's hard to describe this alluring yet innocent scent. Like a mix of apricots and honey. It used to come in a glass bottle and 1 bottle lasted for a good 6-9 months. I use Josie Maran Argan Oil now ... but BB baby oil is still a good choice for adults and children. Plus it's much safer for baby than toxic mineral oil.
on November 26, 2012
I've been using this oil to massage my baby since she was about a month old. It is much better than other oils I tried such as the California Baby oils which left a rancid odor on baby's clothes.
on March 25, 2013
I purchased this body oil because I am pregnant and I am horrified about getting stretch marks so I want my skin to be well moistured. I like this oil because your skin can absorb it really fast and it does not leave oil stains in your close. You just need to be sure to put it on 5 or 10 minutes prior getting dressed. I use it once a day, before going to bed. The only thing I do not like about it is the way it smells. It smells like a honey lemon cough drop, I personally do not like it. But I will keep using it because is good for my skin.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 22, 2014
We used this instead of lotion on our baby's super sensitive and dry skin. It really seemed like it didn't do anything at all. I loved the scent but it really didn't do anything. We tried adding a some to her bathwater, but that did not help either. It just caused a really bad ring around the tub. Also, every bottle we had leaked. I had received 3 or 4 of these in various sizes as gifts at my baby shower and every single bottle leaked!
on January 7, 2014
I bought this by accident intending to order the Mama Bee. I figured I'd use this anyways but could not take the smell. I'm currently pregnant and the smell of this made me gag. It smelled kinda like sweet apricots only nasty and very strong. It seemed to work well but the smell was horrible to me. I ordered the mama bee and that was much better, that one smells like lemons and didn't bother me.