Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Burts Bees Baby Baby Nourishing Oil, 4 Ounces (Pack of 3) (Packaging May Vary)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 3, 2012
I didn't purchase this product from Amazon, but had to come and write a review anyway.

Long story short, my infant son has been dealing with severe eczema since he was a few months old. We have taken numerous trips to the pediatrician's office to try and find a solution. His arms were covered in dry bumps and the backs of his legs were bright red, weeping and even bleeding in some spots from the intense dryness and inflammation. It was absolutely horrible. We have tried at least a dozen different creams, lotions and ointments over the past 8 months and nothing has made a significant improvement. We have even tried prescription antibiotic cream, steroid cream and 2% hydrocortisone ointment. We were applying products to his skin with EVERY diaper change and coating him before bedtime. It was tiring for both of us, to say the least. The hardest part was that we were seeing little improvement.

Finally, in desperation, I bought a bottle of Burt's Bees Nourishing Baby Oil. I applied it liberally to his whole body immediately after his bath. No towel drying first. I just pulled him right from the tub and put the oil right on his wet skin.

I can't say enough about the results. We've only been using it for 2 weeks or so and his eczema is completely GONE!!! There isn't a single dry patch to be found anywhere. His skin is soft, smooth and completely hydrated. I am absolutely amazed by how beautiful his baby skin is in comparison to what it looked like before. Seeing him now, you would never know that he ever had a problem with severe eczema.

I plan on telling my pediatrician about this product next time we see him and will encourage him to tell all of his patients about this incredible oil.

No more cracked, weeping skin. No more sleepless nights from the itchiness. No more trips to the doctor and no more expensive, useless prescriptions!!!! This oil is a life changer!!!!
44 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2014
I love giving my baby a massage with this baby oil each evening after her bath. It smells delicious! It is great for massaging, but it also absorbs quickly, so she is not an oily mess. Highly recommended!
on September 6, 2012
This stuff works just as described! It goes on very smoothly and has a very pleasant aroma. This oil can be used anywhere on your body to keep your skin healthy.
I've even used it on my hair and scalp to keep the old age itch away and it works great. Wife loves this oil too.
on November 2, 2013
It's hard to describe this alluring yet innocent scent. Like a mix of apricots and honey. It used to come in a glass bottle and 1 bottle lasted for a good 6-9 months. I use Josie Maran Argan Oil now ... but BB baby oil is still a good choice for adults and children. Plus it's much safer for baby than toxic mineral oil.
on May 26, 2012
This oil has been very helpful in keeping my babies skin moisturized since she was born. It's all natural, absorbs quickly and smells wonderful as well.
on November 15, 2015
My baby girl started having dry skin when cold weather set in. The Aveeno products I had that worked in the summer just weren't cutting it to get rid of the new dry skin. This worked almost immediately! It alleviates her dry patches better than anything I've tried, plus it's great for her evening massage after bath time. The fragrance is lovely for a baby, too! A little goes a long way.
on January 15, 2014
My favorite oil for kids and adults. Wouldn't use anything else and people always say my kids smell so good after they give them hugs. Even put it in their hair.
on January 7, 2014
I ordered this because my skin became extremely dry after I became pregnant. I was already using an anti-stretch mark oil on my belly but have been using this on my legs. It works very well. I also became extremely sensitive to smells once I got pregnant and this doesn't bother me a bit. It smells like lemons and smells really good and isn't too overpowering. Very moisturizing but soaks in decently quickly for an oil. Leaves my skin very moisturized until my next shower. I love it.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on June 15, 2014
Didn't work for my son. We first bought "Burt's Bees Baby Bee Getting Started Gift Set" and used this oil from that set. It was great! Smelled good and kept the skin soft. Once we started using the oil from this pack though, our baby (then 3 weeks old) developed red rashes all over his body. At first we thought it was from something else, but when we visited our ped, she suggested we stop using this oil for a while. After we stopped using the oil, the rashes were gone. There was nothing else we changed so I'm guessing the rashes were from this oil. So I'm wondering if the oil from the gift set and this pack is exactly the same?
44 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
We're sorry to hear that. We'd be happy to help you with your questions and concerns. Please give us a call at 1-800-849-7112 Monday-Friday, between 9am-5:30pm EST so we can do so.
on April 17, 2014
Keeps my baby's skin nice and soft through the day. She hasn't had eczema ever since we started using this product although I can't be sure this was the reason. We had taken several other measures around the same time.