Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Size: 4 Count|Color: Pomegranite|Change
Price:$9.00+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on February 6, 2013
Another 5 star release from Burt's Bees. The lip balm tastes good, is natural, and it keeps my lips from being chapped! I hate feeling dry before I go on a date. I have been on a natural beauty kick for about 16 months since I found tea-tree oil blemish remover(Blemish Roll-on Stick with Tea Tree Oil + FREE Lip Rescue Ultra Hydrating With Shea Butter)) to clear my face up. Since I had such great success with that, I promised myself I would only use all or primarily natural based beauty products. I had tried so many blends of face cream, cleanser, and strips to unclog my pores with unstable results, when I finally found the tea-tree oil it was a breath of fresh air.

The same goes for the Burt's Bees. I was a lip product junkie- balms, stick, gloss...you name it I owned and used it regularly. My lips were never smooth though! They were still constantly dry or cracked. I hated that feeling. It made me embarassed to kiss my boyfriend and take pictures with my friends. When I found the Burt's Bees, I was hopeful at best. Within the first 3 days I had repaired my dry, chapped lips and I felt so much better about myself!

Between the smooth skin and lips, I had the most confidence in my face that I'd had in my whole life. Using the natural based products gave me a healthy glow and a smooth feel overall. If you suffer from dry skin and lips...try the tea-tree oil stick & the burt's bees. You won't be dissappointed.
33 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 7, 2012
As a man, I don't use lip balm much because I rarely get dry lips. Only in the most severe winters do even try to use it and usually only end up buying 1 stick per year. My fiance on the other hand, suffers from severe dry/chapped lips and usually goes through several sticks a year.

She prefers Burt's Bees over traditional lip balms, but as most of us that have purchased lip balms in the past know that Burt's Bees carries a premium price vs other brands. So for the most part, she just buys the petroleum based products (whether Chapstick, Blistex, or the generics).

Expiration: My primary concern about buying this product (since Burt's Bees is natural) is the expiration date. As I mentioned before in my past reviews, buying anything with an expiration date online sometimes becomes a concern for me simply because you don't know if what you're buying is something that's been sitting in a warehouse for months (or years) after the expiration date. I am 99.% sure that Amazon has strict standards and have yet to have a "bad product" from them, so when I made my purchase, I made sure Amazon.com was the company that my item was *SOLD FROM*. Although there are other options for more buying choices, I'm still hesitant if Amazon is not the seller/shipper. Looking at the Burt's Bees balms I have received, I immediately started searching for a date and saw the stamp "3221101" on all my lip balms. So any consumer, especially me would have thought that maybe 32211 = March 22, 2011. But is this an expiration date or a manufacturered date? I started doing some investigation.

According to Burt's Bees corporate page, it is stated that there is a shelf life (due to natural ingredients) but they are unable to provide an expiration date. However, the product should be in good quality condition for 3 years past their date. Further explanation shows that the number stamp I see on my lip balms is actually a lot code that consists of the date it was manufactured and the last 2 digits being the lot code. HOWEVER, for some strange reason, Burt's Bees uses the Julian Date for the first THREE numbers, but the actual year is the normal year. So my number of 3221101 is actually:
322 Julian Date (actually November 18th in Gregorian)
11 = 2011
01 = Batch Number
So based on their explanation, my tubes were made on Nov 18, 2011 and will last until Nov 18, 2014.

Beeswax vs Petroleum: This is an ongoing debate that has advocates for each side. The effects of each are the same (helps moisturize/seal moisture) on your lips. But there are some people who refuse to use Petroleum-based lip balms (Chapstick/Blistex) on their lips due to the fact that it's made from petroleum (same stuff as gasoline comes from) and some say that can cause cancer. On the flipside, beeswax is made from bees which is natural and there are no known side effects. But since there is the danger of the honeybees declining in population, it may not be around forever and in turn, is usually more expensive than petroleum based lip balms. As I said previously, my fiance loves Burt's Bees but it can be quite pricey.

Price: Around here in Nashville, TN, Burt's Bees lip balm is over $3 per stick + tax. Compared to the .99 cent generic petroleum-based lip balms or $1.29 for a brand name like Chapstick, it's no wonder why you would reach for the $1.29 option. However because Amazon is such an awesome place to shop, they sell the regular Burt's Bees 0.15 ounce balms in a 4-pack for around $10.17. The end price per stick is roughly $2.54, so you save over 50 cents per stick. So if you're looking to save money and like Burt's Bees lip balm, just buy it from Amazon unless you can get it cheaper locally.

Hope this review helps!
on January 23, 2014
I love this pomegranate version. However, as a guy (one who doesn't wear lipstick), I would prefer this to be colorless. No, it won't make your lips beet red, but it does add just a bit of tone, and when you pull off the cap and people see that it's red, they might give you strange looks. Not that I care, but I just figured I'd alert people to the possibility of that side effect. Still a great product though. Does anyone know if they make a colorless pomegranate balm? :D
on April 1, 2011
Other reviewers are right: the formula has changed, and this is an inferior product. This new stuff just kind of sits on my lips like an oil slick -- it doesn't feel like it's penetrating at all. Bummer. The old formula was my standby, favorite lip balm for years. I'm also annoyed at the sneaky switcheroo -- it's not apparent on the packaging. Won't be buying this again.
on March 18, 2012
This balm is lightly and pleasantly scented. It is not one of their heaviest lip balms, which I personally like - for daytime/summer use.

APPLICATION:
I apply neutral colored lip liner and then I apply this lip balm. It has very little shine and no tint to it. I apply a light shade of lip gloss on top. I am very happy with the results when I want a natural look.

**I researched a few of the PRIMARY INGREDIENTS for you:

Helianthus annuus seed oil:
Rich in oleic acids and contains high content of Vitamins A, D, and E. Also contains lecithin and unsaturated fatty acids making it a nourishing and conditioning oil for skin and hair. Treats dry, damaged, or mature skin and hair. Provides moisture and protective layer to the skin (Wiki).

Cera Alba (beeswax):
Great for helping hold in moisture and prevents clogging of pores. Can be used as a healing agent and as a freestanding ingredient has been revered for centuries. Helps create a pleasant silky texture in cosmetics.

Cocos Nucifera (COCONUT) oil:
Great for moisturizing! Serves as a protective layer, helping to retain the moisture in your skin. Very mild and great for people with sensitive skin.

Ricinus Communis (castor) seed oil:
Softens dry heels, knees, elbows, patches of eczema, and psoriasis. Provides protection from exposure to drying detergents, hot water, and winter air.

Lanolin:
Lanolin and its related ingredients moisturize the skin, hair and nails. These ingredients act as a lubricants on the skin surface, which gives the skin a soft, smooth appearance.

Pomegranate seed oil:
Extremely rich and nutritious oil, potent source of punicic and ellagic acids. It may be used for internally or externally for its cosmetic and medicinal properties.

I hope this was helpful to you! Enjoy and God bless :)
on February 12, 2010
I am not a fan of ALL Burt's Bees products but this one is my favorite and a winner. Not too heavy and not too light, it coats well and has an amazing scent. As a person who never smelled pomegranate, I was unsure of trying it, but was tired of the original scent. But I am glad I did. I wish they could make a variation without coconut oil as my husband can not have this on his lips because of allergies. I have one in my purse, one on my desk, and I keep one by my bedside.

Chapstick never worked for me, but this product does. I consider this more of a preventive product than a 'healing' product. If your lips are extremely chapped and this product isn't solving it, try a light coating of Aquaphor on your lips, it helped me one day when they were so brittle and dry.
on March 31, 2014
This stuff is not as good as the original Burt's Bees peppermint flavor. It is thinner and it actually leaves my lips feeling dryer once it wears out in about ten minutes. I would recommend passing on this and going for the original.

Also, it's bright red. Ugh.
VINE VOICEon October 1, 2014
Have preferred this to Chap Stick for two reasons. It's not as hard of a product so it's easier to get a good protective covering on the lips and I like the smell and feel of the pomegranate oil over a non fragranced straight glycerine product.

Normally, a fragrance would be a negative but it's not overwhelming; not by a long shot. It's not something that's going to linger or even something that a person sitting next to you in a car would be aware of. It's pleasant though,

Another plus is that it's offered through Amazon's Subscribe and Save program so I never have to put it on a shopping list and I've always got a lip balm within reach in my house or car.
on April 1, 2016
MOSTEST favorite flavor of these. because on top of everything great about this lip balm, it gives your lips a very soft rosy color. I hope its natural color found in pomegranate juice, if anyone knows its artificial please let me know asap! Do NOT wear it to bed, it will stain your pillow. I wear "Black Cherry" or "Wild Cherry" by the same brand as over night lip moisturizer, I thought "cherry" would be a little red too, but NO its solid white.
on March 18, 2015
One application lasts so long, it's got a nice natural, pomegranate scent and it makes my lips just a little bit pinker - just enough to be noticeable. I don't wear lipstick, I'm a gloss person but gloss dries out my lips so I only wear it when I go out, and I wear it over this. This lip balm is pretty perfect. Great price for the 3 pack too.