5.0 out of 5 stars Green stuff
This is the best product , I use it on everything and i mean everything, Ive been using it for about 7 years and it has saved me many times from oil burn to mosquito bites I even put it on my moms shingles. so if your looking for a alternative to neosporin type products BURT'S BEES RES-Q-OINTMENT is the answer!!!
Published on August 4, 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars They changed the formula
Published 12 months ago by Cognoscente

1.0 out of 5 stars They changed the formula, July 7, 2013
I used this product for years. One tin lasts a very long time. Several months ago I bought two replacement tins and, after using it for a while, I found that it was not working as good as it used to. I did a little research and found that, since the company was bought and has transitioned to a larger "corporate" type company, they have changed the ingredients of this product. It now contains soybean and canola oil (I am sure NOT organic since it didn't say it) and no longer contains the sweet almond oil. For anyone who is concerned about the dangers of soy and canola oils, take heed, especially since these are not even organic. Anyway, it doesn't work for me anymore, not sure if this is why, but I am looking for a new product and throwing away my two newest tins of this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfrey is not safe for children!!, April 23, 2013
X. Li (Lansing, MI) - See all my reviews
I just bought some Res-Q for my 6-month old nephew because everyone says it is good for children. Unfortunately, I found some posts later saying that comfrey is actually harmful to liver and should not be used on children. Since I'm not a medical major, I did my research on wiki ([...]) and it directed me to University of Maryland Medical Center website ([...] Here is what they said:

Pediatric
Never give a child comfrey by mouth. Do not apply creams or ointments containing comfrey to a child's skin.

Adult
Never take comfrey by mouth. Severe liver poisoning and even death may occur.
When using herb and leaf ointments, creams, and other topical preparations, it's important to follow these safety recommendations:
Never apply comfrey to broken skin.
Use only small amounts of comfrey-containing creams for no longer than 10 days at a time.
Do not use any comfrey product for more than 4 - 6 total weeks in a year.

I haven't used the product so I can say nothing about its effect, but I feel it's necessary to share my "findings". It's better to be more careful on comfrey products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Green stuff, August 4, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars very useful, June 10, 2014
it's perfect for hurting,but less effect on bug bite!Some says it's harmful to baby's liver,I do not believe it,hope the Burt's Bee company will explain that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for cuts, burns, April 24, 2014
I've been using this product for about a year now whenever minor cuts or bruises occur. However, I had never tried it on a burn until last night.

I was frying chicken in a pan and one of the breasts slipped out from the grip of my tongs, splashing hot butter/oil across my right arm. I ran the area under cold water but the feel of fire returned almost immediately after removing it. I remembered this little tin and slathered my burns in a thin coat, and a significant amount of the pain receded in seconds. The burns look much better (smaller and no pain unless touched) after waking up the next morning.

Small tip: Plastic wrap is about as close to sterile as you'll get, so if you have a burn you can wrap the effected area after applying Res-Q ointment to keep it in place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great burn relief!, April 3, 2014
Res-Q ointment is the best thing I've ever used for minor (yes, even blistering) burns. Use cold water immediately for a while, like 30-45 minutes, then apply ointment and cover lightly to keep air from burn. The pain stops very quickly and I've found the ointment does hasten healing. I don't want to be without it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Major changes to ingredients recently, December 27, 2013
I'm not sure what date but I would say within the last year they drastically changed the ingredients to this product, it does not feel or seem to work the same, and it actually doesn't last as long. I wouldn't recommend it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ointment!, August 6, 2013
This is good on cold sores as well as bee stings or anything else you need an
ointment for. Stops cold sores in their tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked, October 28, 2010
I discovered this stuff when I got a nasty rash on my face from a new acne wash I was using. My skin was horribly irritated and flaky, and no moisturizer could touch it. I happened to remember I had a tin of Res-Q ointment so I thought I would give it a shot in hopes that something thicker might bring the moisture back to my skin. Not only was the rash healed overnight, my skin was clear and fresh looking the next morning. I've never seen anything as effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 15, 2014