5.0 out of 5 stars Green stuff
This is the best product , I use it on everything and i mean everything, Ive been using it for about 7 years and it has saved me many times from oil burn to mosquito bites I even put it on my moms shingles. so if your looking for a alternative to neosporin type products BURT'S BEES RES-Q-OINTMENT is the answer!!!
Published on August 4, 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars They changed the formula
Published 16 months ago by Cognoscente

1.0 out of 5 stars They changed the formula, July 7, 2013
I used this product for years. One tin lasts a very long time. Several months ago I bought two replacement tins and, after using it for a while, I found that it was not working as good as it used to. I did a little research and found that, since the company was bought and has transitioned to a larger "corporate" type company, they have changed the ingredients of this product. It now contains soybean and canola oil (I am sure NOT organic since it didn't say it) and no longer contains the sweet almond oil. For anyone who is concerned about the dangers of soy and canola oils, take heed, especially since these are not even organic. Anyway, it doesn't work for me anymore, not sure if this is why, but I am looking for a new product and throwing away my two newest tins of this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfrey is not safe for children!!, April 23, 2013
X. Li (Lansing, MI) - See all my reviews
I just bought some Res-Q for my 6-month old nephew because everyone says it is good for children. Unfortunately, I found some posts later saying that comfrey is actually harmful to liver and should not be used on children. Since I'm not a medical major, I did my research on wiki ([...]) and it directed me to University of Maryland Medical Center website ([...] Here is what they said:

Pediatric
Never give a child comfrey by mouth. Do not apply creams or ointments containing comfrey to a child's skin.

Adult
Never take comfrey by mouth. Severe liver poisoning and even death may occur.
When using herb and leaf ointments, creams, and other topical preparations, it's important to follow these safety recommendations:
Never apply comfrey to broken skin.
Use only small amounts of comfrey-containing creams for no longer than 10 days at a time.
Do not use any comfrey product for more than 4 - 6 total weeks in a year.

I haven't used the product so I can say nothing about its effect, but I feel it's necessary to share my "findings". It's better to be more careful on comfrey products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Green stuff, August 4, 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars Major changes to ingredients recently, December 27, 2013
I'm not sure what date but I would say within the last year they drastically changed the ingredients to this product, it does not feel or seem to work the same, and it actually doesn't last as long. I wouldn't recommend it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real MIRACLE Ointment (not an exaggerated term), November 22, 2014
I can't run out of this. I really couldn't! I put one in each bag - mine, Hubby's, daughter's and son's. I've always thought of this as a big hoax 'til I experienced its "wonders" first hand.

My sister-in-law exaggeratigly repeats "Burt's Bees! Burt's Bees!" each and everytime someone bumps their knees, holds something hot, gets an insect bite or whatever else. I didn't believe it at first 'til the vein on my left hand inflamed in 15 minutes after hitting it on a signage. It hurts so bad that I couldn't even lift a plate of pasta nor close my hand and hold a fork. When she found out what happened, she immediately placed some of this stuff. "Burt's Bees! Burt's Bees!" Uhuh. There she goes! She asked me to wait 'til the pain goes away and I'm like "Yeah, right. If I'm lucky, this will go away after 2-3 days with cold compress or something." I waited anyway and a miracle did happen. 30 minutes after, the pain started subsiding and I was alble to close my hand. 15 more minutes after that, the pain completely went away as if nothing happened to me! So yeahhh! Burt's Bees! Burt's Bees!

I think it's because of one of the ingeredients it has - Comfrey. This ingredient is reffered to as a "bone healer". Too much of it though causes damage on the liver but I don't think that Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment has too much of this ingredient that it can cause any harm. I use it on my kids and on myself. A real must-have!

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought it for my friend., April 23, 2013
I bought it for my friend. Somebody introduce this product to her. It is in good price and high quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked, October 28, 2010
I discovered this stuff when I got a nasty rash on my face from a new acne wash I was using. My skin was horribly irritated and flaky, and no moisturizer could touch it. I happened to remember I had a tin of Res-Q ointment so I thought I would give it a shot in hopes that something thicker might bring the moisture back to my skin. Not only was the rash healed overnight, my skin was clear and fresh looking the next morning. I've never seen anything as effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm told its the comfrey that makes it so good., October 11, 2014
This is really great stuff. I was told burts bees is possibly discontinuing this item, so i bought a buch if it. It works really great on skin irritation due to allergies or whatever. I recently had a minor burn on my palm while bbqing, and used some of this ointment. After about 5 minutes, i forgot that i was burned! And i had a pretty good blister. I have never personally found anything that gave me that kind of relief. Especially on a burn.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very sad., November 22, 2014
I was going to buy some more of the Burts Rescue for my wife for Christmas when I read that the ingredients had changed. After looking at my old tin and reading the new ingredient list I realized several key ingredients had been removed and exchanged for very questionable ingredients. The comp. was bought out by Clorox in 2007 and neither of the 2 founders is any longer with the company. I will not buy these products anymore. Very sad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great burn relief!, April 3, 2014
Res-Q ointment is the best thing I've ever used for minor (yes, even blistering) burns. Use cold water immediately for a while, like 30-45 minutes, then apply ointment and cover lightly to keep air from burn. The pain stops very quickly and I've found the ointment does hasten healing. I don't want to be without it.

Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment, 0.6 Ounce