5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous lipcolor
Published on March 20, 2011 by Basbenee

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, kinda greasy
I love Burt's Bees. This tinted lip balm is nice since I don't like to wear lipstick on a regular basis but just want to bring out some natural color.

Published on May 26, 2011 by Sqrmster

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous lipcolor, March 20, 2011
I'm not as crazy about lipstick as I used to be, and part of that is due to awesome lip balms like these. I bought three of these tinted balms -- red dahlia, rose and hibiscus. Oddly, the red dahlia looks darkest in the tube but is very sheer on me, (My lips are on the pale side) but the rose has a bit more pink punch and the hibiscus covers a bit more than that, but it's a paler, more natural pink. They all apply well, feel soothing and moisturizing, and have decent staying power. Plus there's no strong smell or flavor, which is a huge bonus with me. I have found, too, that if I want more impact, I apply Revlon's lipstain in Gothic -- a strong, bright red as a base (on naked lips), let that dry, and apply these balms on top instead of the Revlon-supplied one. It gives a great punch of color and really lasts then. I may never buy lipstick again.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS! 'Best of all worlds:), February 25, 2011
This review is from: Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm, Rose, 0.15 Ounce (Pack of 2) (Misc.)
I just found this product at the drug store. Being a fan of Burt's Bees policy on natural ingredients and NO animal testing, I had to try it out.

My lips are always chapped and very hard to quench. This balm is SOOOooOOOoooo soothing! It lasts all day, AND the natural hint of color adds a healthy hue to my face (as I can't stand to wear actual lipstick). It's the best of all worlds:)

I love it! I love it!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, kinda greasy, May 26, 2011
Sqrmster (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews

The color isn't as flattering on me as I'd like. I wanted it to bring out a more natural rosy tint to what color my lips already are, but it seems more bright red/orange to me. Don't get me wrong, it DOESN'T look orange. It just has a hint since its a little red lighter than what I expected. It has a lot of color, and shows up but it's not a DEEP red.

My only other complaint is that it's sort of greasy. I've learned to just put a quick dab of it on and rub my lips together hard. Otherwise it's too much weird color, and oily. Which means it comes off easily, not like my regular Burt's Bees chap stick.

It's good, and nice that it came in a pack of 2. I'll keep using it, but they will last me a long time since I have to use so little at once. Wouldn't buy again but not upset with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY!!!, April 27, 2011
I've only been searching for seriously about 5 years for a sheer, moisturizing lip color with no toxins and no strong smell, and FINALLY my dream has come true! Yay!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but a little thinner than other BB stuff, April 18, 2011
I've tried some of the other tinted products by BB & overall I've been rather pleased with them. I was pretty excited to give this product a try since I did like their other lip balm but hated that it was so small. Having a larger tip meant that it would be faster to apply. After some hemming & hawing over the tints, I finally settled on hibiscus since it was the most neutral rose tint without it being completely identical to my lip color. (I wasn't sure how the darker colors would appear or how strong the colors would be, after all.) So here's the good & the bad:

Good: This goes on smoothly & easily, which was nice. The color does show up but doesn't show up as much as you would see with lipsticks. Color-wise it resembles more of a lip tint or gloss, to be honest.

Bad: The balm is pretty thin in comparison to how thick some of the previous products have been from BB, so if you're looking for something with the consistency of their chapstick then you'll be disappointed. This wore off faster than the chapstick products normally did, so I had to reapply more often than I would with some of the other products. However, I'm used to this from other brands so this wasn't really a deal breaker for me.

Overall this is a decent product & now that I know the tints aren't as dark as I was thinking they might be, I'm going to try the darker shades next. One thing I would recommend is that you do a little price comparing since the cost here on amazon is a little on the high side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Clinique Black Honey, I've found your replacement, January 12, 2012
For at least a decade I've been a loyal fan of Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. It was expensive, and it dried out my lips, but I put up with both of those facts because the color was so amazingly perfect for my auburn hair and light complexion. However, I've always loved how moisturizing the Burt's Bees lip balms are, so I decided to give this a try when I saw it. To my delight, I found that the Red Dahlia is nearly identical in color payoff as my beloved Black Honey. Better yet, it's cheaper, and it actually moisturizes rather than drying my lips. I do have to apply frequently, but that was just as true with the Clinque as well, so that part doesn't bother me. For me this is an all around win.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pink Blossom Review, July 15, 2011
See my customer photo above and hover to see notes. I would give it 5 stars except for the price.

This is the nicest feeling lip balm/lipstick/gloss I've ever used. It has a sort of "creamy thickness" that stays on....not like a thin petroleum jelly that is gone in seconds. In fact I just ate a bowl of cereal, and realized I can still feel it on my lips!

The color is light, but exactly the color of the outer packaging, when on your lips.

Please note: Go to the Bert's Bees website and use their shade selector. It will show you that this Pink Blossom is a COOL PINK, while the Hibiscus, is a WARM PINK. Very good to know.... I almost bought the Hibiscus because the color looks so pretty on the packaging, but it's warmth would have looked bad on me. I look best in "blue" pinks.

Seems a little crappy that the outer packaging makes you think you are going to get a BIG tube.... You are essentially paying twice the price for this product but it is the same size as all the other "chap sticks" out there.

I LOVE the feeling of this lip balm. Pricey at double the price of normal lip balms... but I have to say.. I wouldn't buy any other kind after having tried this one. Hope they make a larger selection of colors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, February 23, 2011
This tinted lip balm is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. It's smooth, not sticky. Very moisturizing. I actually bought it the first time at an apothecary in Chicago where I could sample all the shades. Red Dahlia looks like it would be dark, but actually it gives the perfect "bitten lip" shade. For someone, like me, who doesn't prefer to wear lipstick but knows they need some color on their lips, this is just right!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dupe for Clinique Almost Lipstick Black Honey!, March 1, 2012
Liza N. Chung "LC" (Norwalk, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This is a great dupe for clinique almost lipstick black honey! Why spend $15 or more on Clinique when you can get this for around $5! This is my secret weapon. I love Burt's Bees, I find this product moisturizing and it provides me with the perfect amount of color for the office. I bought Clinique black honey because I wanted to see what all the hype was about and I realized these 2 products are exactly the same!!!! However Burt's Bees is a bit more moisturizing. I love this product, glad I got a 2 pack. I will buy again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this lip balm and the color, March 19, 2011
You can't please everyone when it comes to make-up. I use to work in the field selling it and putting it on people'e faces. Anyways, I really like this balm and especially the color. I have strawberry blonde hair, aqua colored eyes and irish/german skin. My skin is a light peaches and cream color. If you have light brown to blonde hair coloring I think you will love this product in red dahlia. If you have darker skin and/or hair I think it will be to light for you if you wear it alone. I wear this balm all the time and I work in a professional job now. If I want it darker I put a lip pencil under it(med dk red) or the Cover Girl lip stain in Bit of Brown. Its just a wonderful product, really!

Rate and Discover Movies