5.0 out of 5 stars I thought I knew my camera
I am a long time SONY Alpha girl and I've had my latest the a55 for a couple months, I read the manual. I *thought* I knew the camera pretty well already. We (the camera and I) are taking the best pictures of my life.

Published on March 30, 2011 by C. J. Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Over-rated For What It Is
I learned of this book through Google research and as usual Amazon had it cheaper than most places. The book comes highly recommended by some readers. Personally I find it to be a bloated large print version of the tiny but fat instruction manual that comes with the camera. More than once, I wanted to know about something and I'd go into later chapters of the Busch...
Published on July 26, 2011 by MarcoMarks

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought I knew my camera, March 30, 2011
This review is from: David Busch's Sony Alpha SLT-A55/A33 Guide to Digital Photography (David Busch's Digital Photography Guides) (Paperback)

I cracked open the book yesterday. As soon as I got past set-up, around page 20 I could no longer just read. I needed my camera in hand. I was being told things I didn't know about.

The big color pictures are really nice. While the words are in a conversational easy to understand form, the pictures drive the point home. It's impossible to not understand what the author is telling me about my camera.

So much better than what is in the manual. I am looking forward to getting out and shooting some more. "We" are going to be taking even better pictures:)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for beginners, January 14, 2011
I had the NEX-5 about a month before picking this book up. I am new to photography and just have a basic idea of the exposure, aperture, etc. This book walks you through just about every aspect of the camera. The very best part of this book is the large screenshots from the actual camera (even larger than the actual camera).

The one negative thing I can say is that it seems that a lot of the book was written with templates from all the other books they churn out, so it doesnt always all flow together.

Do not buy this for the kindle as you won't see any detail (or color) in the pictures, or differences on comparison shots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have!!, April 12, 2011
I am the first to admit I am very much the novice photographer. I've always used Sony point and shoots over the years and each time I got a little braver about moving up in quality. When my daughter moved into Junior High sports and cheerleading, I developed a serious case of camera envy from everyone who could get that perfect action shot so I took a leap and got the Alpha 55. The camera itself is an absolute wonder and extremely easy to use right out of the box but I quickly realized if I wanted to use it for its intended purpose rather than just a nicer point and shoot, I needed help the manual just couldn't provide. Therefore, I bought this book and have been thankful ever since. I literally sat down and read it cover to cover the first weekend I got it. It is very simple to understand, extremely thorough in its descriptions of camera functions and most of all, user friendly. I refer back to it often and can't imagine not having it handy to help me continue to make the most out of my camera purchase. I now understand the concepts of aperture, ISO and shutter speed and their effects on achieving the pictures I've been longing for. I move around the camera dial like a pro and am composing shots I never even thought of before. Had I not had this book, I would still be lost and most likely frustrated. I highly recommend this for anyone who owns or plans to purchase an Alpha 55, especially if you are just an average Joe like me wanting to get some really cool pictures of your kids. You will not regret purchasing it and for the price, it can't be beat. In fact, I am now looking at some of Mr. Busch's other books to help me hone my photography skills in general. I am very, very pleased with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars sony a55 book, March 23, 2011
great book well written easy to understand and follow will recomend anyone who buys the camera please do youself a favor and buy this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Nex-5/3, April 3, 2011
I already have one of Davd Busch's books on the original Alpha and that was great too. This book is very easy to read - good simple explanations and enough depth of complexity to help really understand the power of this little camera. The photos in the book make it pleasant and easy to read. My favorite camera book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book., April 3, 2011
Love my new Nex 5 and having just read a few chapters, already can see how heplful this book has been and will be. Highly recommend. Marty

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, April 2, 2011
Lots of praise for this well written book on the Sony A33/55 Camera. Best $20 I have ever spent. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars SONY SLT-a55/a33 Guide review, August 13, 2011
This book is well written, illustrated in color and easy to understand. It is a great improvement over the manual that came with my SONY a55. I would recommend this book to anybody buying a SONY SLT-a55/a33 camera. This is the manual that should come with the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, July 29, 2011
I read the reviews and everyone loves this book so I bought it. I am not disappointed. It is an excellent book that has beautiful illustrations and photographs. Very well laid out. In short it is an great book and I would recommend it to anyone who owns an SLT-A55/A33. In glancing at it for a few minutes I picked up many things I wasn't aware of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!!!!, May 26, 2011
Great book. I purchased other videos and books and they were a waste of money. This book will explain the camera settings and also has sample pictures. Very easy read but still shows you technicalities. I'm learning a lot.

$29.99 $20.93