Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on June 10, 2012
This Bushnell Sport 850 4x 20mm Laser Rangefinder is available online at $156.18 -- TacticalWholesalers.com

Drag this price listing into your local retailer and see if they won't match this price for you!

Understanding that this item works by reflecting an "eye safe" laser beam off a target and then timing the reflected beam back to the rangefinder source helps clarify why certain targets work better than others. One reviewer noted that it doesn't read very well off Black Angus cattle. This because they're dark, furry and don't reflect much of a beam. Noted elsewhere in reviews that it doesn't work well for reading the "pin" in golf. That's a small curved target.

I use a range finder for bench-rest shooting. The targets are flat, stationary, reflective. Because I'm at a bench, I can support the rangefinder, hold it steady on a small 12" X 12" target -- out to 500 yds if required. The other sighting option is to find a large, reflective surface near the target, a tree, rock, target stand which for me is a pallet with a cardboard face surface.

The Bushnell is waterproof, and has options for reading distances in inclement weather. (Nice when you live in a maritime climate and want to find the distance to a buoy, dock, bridge.)

This product is available for $160 more or less. About the cost of two tanks of gas these days. Pocket size, 6 oz. rugged, reliable, and useful. Beats the pants off "counting the football fields" out to a target.
33 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2011
I bought this Bushnell with the purpose of mainly golf but also hunting. For hunting it works great but i would not suggest buying this if golf is your main purpose. It does not lock onto the flag stick very good past 200 yards and doesnt have the feature of continous reading. For example i have a Callaway Nikon that will read different spots for up to 5 seconds so you can have an unsteady hand and still hit the flagstick. With the Bushnell this feature isnt available
on December 20, 2011
i use it when u go hunting with my muzzleloader, i like to travel light so this is perfect, its compact and it does exactly what it says! nothing less!
on October 23, 2014
This rangefinder does exactly what I bought it for, most of my ranging is under 200 yds. this Bushnell seems to always range the small target I'm looking at despite my shaking hand. Its light and is to carry in a pocket or with the supplied neck strap. I hook and piled mine to the stock of my rifle for when I'm working from a hide I don't have to fumble it out of a pocket or move around to get it in position from the lanyard. Gret for Me.
on September 30, 2015
This range finder didnt always work, at first I thought I was doing something wrong so I gave it time. Over a week it would work sometimes, the button required a higher pressure than it should have, and sometimes it would shut off not measuring the distance, then not come back on. If you take the battery cover off, then reinstall it it would work most of the time. Im sure it was just the single example I got, the thing appeared to have been returned judging by the packaging. I sent this back after a week and spent less than $30 more to get a Bushnell Team Primos The Truth ARC 4 x 20mm Bow Mode Laser Rangefinder. I am very satisfied with the new rangefinder, it works perfect and has angle range compensation for the small amount more money.
on March 8, 2013
once I figured out how to switch from meters to yards I find this range finder works as good or better then my sons brand.
on June 12, 2014
The range finder when used for golf is adequate from about $200 yards out. Pin acquistion from long distances can be problematic due to no image stablization. Price point is fair.

The holster is TOO SMALL and TOO FLIMSEY for one handed operation. It is impossible to wear the holster and replace the range finder back in the holster. This makes holding a golf club or firearm in one hand and replacing the range finder to its holster with the other. My prior bushnell range finder had a sturdy and perfectly sized holster.

When I have a firearm in my hand, the last thing I want is to use that hand to hold a flimsey holster open so I can replace my range finder. While golfing, I guess I can hold my golf club between my knees while I replace the range finder to the hoster.

Does anyone test these things before they go to market? Would it cost more money to manufacture a cheap flimsey holster that at least was actually sized properly?
on April 26, 2013
i can't believe how accurate this item is for the money. it worked perfect for sighting in my fifles. can't wait to use it hunting next fall to find the range of the targets.
on July 16, 2015
not for golf, good for hunting
golfing, it will pick up the pin out at 110/120yds max.
works well if targets are big, so golfing usually have to point to a bunker or a person in the green.
Otherwise looks good, is easy to carry..
Don't buy this if you intention is to used it for golf!
on October 13, 2014
Been great I use it for hunting and I have had reading out to 750 + yards and it seems really accurate for the most part hunting you will never shoot that far but good to know a rough distance and such if you decide to cut the distance down. I love it I would recommend it to my friends. I already have.