Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on January 15, 2007
Warning! When I first tried to use the adaptor it would not fit into the binoculars. After some research about screw sizes, calling Bushnell, etc., I finally went to a hardware store and found that the adaptor and the binoculars actually were compatible threadwise. It turns out the adaptor threads were too high (poorly milled) and the receiving threads in the binocular were not cut deep enough (poorly cut - both probably due to worn out fabrication equipment). By buying a screw (1/4" 20 threads) and applying some grease, I was able to clear the receiving threads and then work the adapter into the binocular. Now everything works fine.
on April 16, 2008
Works perfect with my Bushnell Powerview 16x50 Wide Angle Binoculars. I agree with Rima below - VERY awkward to attach and remove. Worth the $13.09 I paid for it on Amazon. The adapter works perfect, with one easy to live with flaw. Recommended.
on March 10, 2011
While in theory this should be a no-brainer, it unfortunately falls into the Made-in-China stereotypical category of cheap merchandise that too many consumers have grown to receive as acceptable. Read some of the previous reviews as proof that people will accept lack of quality if the price is right. The real disappointment is that this product carries a reputable name on it. I received this in the mail today and attempted to attach it to my Bushnell Powerview 16 x 50. The base attached to my tripod without any problem. However, I could not get the binoculars tightly attached to the adaptor. At first I thought there was a problem with the threads, as I couldn't tighten it enough for the binoculars to not wobble. It turns out that the threaded bolt cannot turn within the adaptor's plastic housing without great effort. I mean Great effort. And then trying to remove it was a real trip. It seems that some sort of lube might remedy the situation, but the adaptor came with no instructions nor any recommendation to lube the bolt. I am returning it to Amazon as defective and will try to fabricate something on my own. I will also contact Bushnell to let them know of this problem, as they have a very good old-fashioned customer service department and would appreciate the feedback. I would not recommend buying this unless Bushnell makes some changes to the design.

There is that possibility that I received the only defective one in the lot, and if I exchanged it I might possibly get a good one. Unfortunately, I have grown tired of being the unofficial quality control person for imported items (i.e., China), and have been through this kind of thing too many times. I honestly don't think I am the only one who feels this way.
on September 28, 2012
Ordered for an Alaska vacation. I found the threads for this Bushnell mount did fit my tripods but did not fit the threads on my Bushnell binoculars. I did not have time to return it.
I made the hard choice to drag out my "tap and die" set and rethread the mounting screw to fit my binoculars. Would not have done that if the cost was any greater.
I went back to double check the site. It does not say anything about thread options for the binoculars or mount other than "For 10x binoculars or above." Mine are in that range.

Customers need more information/cautions so they will not run into these issues. Dealers know their product(supposedly)and should know of issues which customers may need to be aware or questions they need to answer before a purchase. They need to help the customer make a good purchase instead of hoping they just "eat" a non servicable purchase or "make do" as I felt I had to do.

If not for this issue, I would have given it five stars.
on September 26, 2010
it was easy to install on the front of my Bushnell 10x60
unit clamps on the tripod with a standard camera mount screw

using tripod with any binocular makes day or night viewing of any object a lot more enjoyable

extremely helpful for young children, my daughter loves it
works perfectly, no complaints and i wish i had got it sooner, would recommend it 100%

a simple but very useful product!

i do not know how, but amazon/usps had it at my house on saturday afternoon, day after i purchased it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on March 20, 2012
...it works as expected. Just like some of the other reviews it was hard to attach it for the first time then all the other times it goes right in without a problem. If fact I used it with my binoculars this morning to look at the crescent moon. Because Bushnell has this product is why I purchased it and their binoculars.
on July 31, 2011
As other reviews I read stated the binocular mounting threads were cut inaccurately, mine was the same even though part was made for my model. It was no big deal re-cutting the threads, as I have the tools to do this. Adaptor now works just fine, but if someone buys this and doesn't have access to a tap and die set, it would be an "irritating issue".
on June 2, 2012
Very sad. Bushnell is a big brand. It's a shame that they would put thier name on such a crappy product.

As you will read with other reviews, the threads on the bolt that screws into the binoculars is so poorly made you barely get 1/4 turn before it binds up.

These are absolutely 100% useless. I was on the phone within 5 minutes arranging for the refund/return back to Amazon.
on March 26, 2013
My adapter seems to have been manufactured better than a lot of the reviews on here. The threads were straight and screwed right on to the binoculars. I would recommend to anyone. HOWEVER....there were no directions on how to connect it to the binocular, and once I figured the adapter screwed on to the pivot screw on the front of the binocular, ( I was unaware that there were plastic threads in the cap), I used a knife and pried it off. Unfortunately, the threads are now damaged and the cap will not screw on correctly.

Reminder, this is a threaded cap and not a snap on/off.
on December 13, 2012
The threads only go in a couple of turns on both of the Bushnell binoculars I own, the Bushnell Perma Focus 12x50 Wide Angle Binocular, and the Bushnell PowerView 20x50 Super High-Powered Surveillance Binoculars. This leave a lot of wiggle room for the binoculars to pivot from side to side. I suppose you could put some sort of a spacer or several washers in between so you could keep the connection tight.

See 1 answered question