5.0 out of 5 stars Good all around binocs
Excellent value in these all around binoculars. Easy to focus and you'll appreciate that they are armored when you drop them. Virtually indestructable. A frequent travel companion that stowes easily.
Published on November 6, 2001 by Cory D. Slipman

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not for me
They are very nice looking but I could not get them to focus until after 40+ yards. Does not work well for me when bow hunting.
Published 23 months ago by Tim

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good all around binocs, November 6, 2001
Cory D. Slipman (Rockville Centre, N.Y.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bushnell 10x 42mm PermaFocus Focus Free Binoculars (RTAP) (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Hunting in the NE, December 10, 2012
What a joy it was to use these binoculars this last hunting season in NE PA. Put them up and everything is in focus. Well not everything because as others have posted objects near by are a blur. But beyond that is clear as a bell out to the edge of what you can see. The clarity is very good as is the brightness. I wish I could report that without these I would not have seen the deer that I got but no deer this year. However, I am really sure that I did not miss seeing one as it was so easy to look at everything around me I am sure that if they were there you would see them very clearly.

I marked it down one star because of two reasons. The first is that after using them in an all day rain one of the lenses fogged up. I hope this is an infrequent defect as I am sending them back and replacing them with a new pair. The other reason is less of an issue but something you need to be aware of. When you do have something close by that are in the view of the one of the lenses you get a sense of something blurring what you are looking at. So if you are in really heavy cover it might be an issue when trying to see something that might be far enough away to be seen clearly but that view will be hurt by the blur of close by objects. This issue is really outweighed by the simplicity of just looking and not trying to focus to the right range of something you want to see. With previous glasses it was easy to completely miss viewing a deer you saw because you failed to get the right focus in time. with these you just ID something unique in the area you are looking and then scan around near and far. With the others I would have to focus on the unique thing and then focus in or out to where what I wanted to look at was. Anyone who has hunting for deer know that many times they only give you a moment where they are visible before they fade into the background. Being able to see everything at 10X really helped me ID birds, and squirrels that were making noises. It really is amazing how easily you can spot anything.

I am sure that the clarity is not equal to that of the more expensive brands that have this auto focus feature but I do not think that the difference could be all that great to justify more than twice the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Binoculars, February 22, 2012
The automatic viewing on these binoculars are great! I have paid more money for binoculars from other companies and they were not as good. The only drawback for this item is the case and cord. I will have to buy them separately so I will have a nice set. I like and don't like the color, but a least I can see them easier when I lay them down somewhere. I must say that Amazon is one of the best companies I have ever ordered from and they are good people!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good binoculars for the price, November 29, 2013
Bought these for my son who is new to hunting. He is very pleased with the product. They are better quality than a pair of Nikon binoculars we already own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Great Great set of binoculars, October 31, 2013
Great binocular I give them a A+. I have been hunting once with them and they are great. What is great is the focus feature that you don't have to do anything except point and look at whatever you want and its super clear. I would recommend this product to anyone who is in the outdoors ... great great great love them and delivery time was faster than expected. Hope this helps anyone looking for a good pair of binoculars

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for long distance, March 15, 2012
I read the other reviews before purchasing this product, but I have been delighted with them. Bought them for my husband, basically for whale watching on our Hawaii trips. Really, no focusing required if you are looking into the distance. It's a nice change from the old days of finding the subject then tweaking the lenses and of course by then, the thing is long gone. Does not work for closer objects---a little blurry, but the trade-off is well worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Focus Free Feature, February 15, 2012
Product is great for sharp focus on objects beyond 30 yards in distance. No fooling around trying to set the focus when spotting wildlife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 6, 2012
Excellent binocular. Easy to focus and good price good quality It was amazing to look through them and see such detailed surroundings.
Beautiful design Shipping was fast.Lucky to have one .

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not for me, September 28, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars See it before it is either over or gone, August 3, 2014
I was far away from stuff. I could not see it good. By the time I moved closer, what I wanted to see was either over or gone. So I got me a binocular but I had to fiddle with the focus to get it to see what I wanted to see. By the time I fiddle with the focus to get it to see what I wanted to see was either over or gone. I got one of these I don’t have to fiddle with the focus and now I get to see what I wanted to see before it is either over or gone. See it before it is either over or gone

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Bushnell 10x 42mm PermaFocus Focus Free Binoculars (RTAP)
$158.00 $76.99