4.0 out of 5 stars A good budget set of binos
Published on October 18, 2011 by Chris

The product look nice, it has good ergonomic and good vision. The problem with it is that without being used much, one of the right inside glasses (prism), moved and now I see double image. I sent an email to Bushnell but never had an answer.
Published on December 23, 2011 by Juan F. Ferroni

4.0 out of 5 stars A good budget set of binos, October 18, 2011
This review is from: Bushnell Trophy XLT Roof Prism Binoculars, 10x42mm (Bone Collector Edition) (Sports)
I was looking for something to take hunting to spot deer and elk. These are up to the task. The glass seems really nice, and the field of view is really pretty good for a 10 power bino. I was a little hesitant on buying these until I found out that Bushnell has a lifetime limited warranty on their non-powered glass. So, no worries there. My only complaint is that the eyepiece covers just do not fit right. I am going to contact bushnell and see what they say, and report my results. as for the binos.....They seem really nice. I am going to take them into the field and test them out and post my results. They seem well built and a steal for $100 after Amazon's great price and the Bushnell $30 mail in rebate. I was just in Sportsman's warehouse and saw that they wanted $179 for them.

11/8/2011-Took them into the field. Great crystal clear vision in full and partial light. a little heavy but the provided strap makes it more comfortable. The field of view is 325 at 1000 but seems a-lot better than that. Overall A steal for $100 pull the trigger!

5.0 out of 5 stars great set of binoculars for the price, September 3, 2011
I have spent a lot of money on optics over the years. Scopes and binoculars usually follow the golden rule "the more you pay the more you get." In this case that is simply not the truth. I dropped my pair of high end binoculars last year during turkey season and broke them. My last pair was a gift so i was not looking to spend over 500 on this pair. After a large amount of research I found these Bushnell 42mm bone collectors. I am really happy after taking them out in the field 2 times.

Pros:
- great field of view
- offers covers for front and rear optics
- each eye piece is adjustable
- coated in a rubber
- Focus is easily adjustable
- comes in 2 cases, one that is a soft bag and the other can fit on a belt or over your shoulder
- 30 mail in rebate!
- strap included to go around the neck is comfortable

Cons:
- fairly heavy. This is heavier then my old pair
- front lens covers tend to come loose.

Overall what a great value for the price. These see just as far as my last pair and are a fraction of the cost. Ill be spotting deer and varmint in no time with these beasts. These cost around 170 at cabelas and bass pro so save yourself come cash and buy them on Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars bushnell trophy xlt, November 9, 2011
great binos! The focus button is a breeze to turn with thicker gloves on! I used these bow hunting and I found myself looking around more than staying still! (Maybe a bad thing) good construction and people are complaining about the weight but thats what you get for a great 10x42! The strap and front covers suck but spend the money for a chest strap and keep the covers in the box!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good binocular, August 13, 2014
I also have a pair of 10x42 binos that cost $450 and so far I cannot tell the difference between those and these Bushnells. I suspect low-light viewing could differentiate them and I will report back after that test. In the daylight they would win the pepsi challenge. I do agree with other reviews that the objective lens covers are worthless and the strap is pretty cheap. I like the fact that they come with fully coated optics, a strap, twist-up eye cups, nylon case, microfiber cleaning rag and they can be used on a mono/tripod! That's some good value there. Not to mention Bushnell includes a lifetime warranty. The body material grips nicely allowing for one-handed operation. The large focus knob is easy to use and operates very smooth. Very nice deal at $100. I would recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great, not just for the price but, October 15, 2014
I ordered and received my binoculars in a reasonable amount of time. I live in the country and as soon as I opened the package and began viewing objects at different distances, I was very impressed. I have been hunting deer and turkey for forty years and I have owned a few other binoculars. These are great, not just for the price but, really a good buy because of the clear crisp view and, not too bulky and waterproof. I think I'm going to like these.

George

5.0 out of 5 stars Happily Surprised Hunter!, December 20, 2013
My expensive binos were stolen last year so I borrowed my brother in laws Bushnells this the last season. I was amazed at the quality and clarity I was experiencing from such a low priced binocular as I spotted deer after deer bedded down! What a fantastic deal, I tell everybody!

2.0 out of 5 stars It broke after a short perior of time without being used much, December 23, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as advertised. Work well., October 18, 2013
I hunt a lot and the Bushnell Trophy XLT Bone Collector Binoculars work well and have very good clarity. Worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bushnell, still about what you would expect..., October 27, 2013
The binocs themselves seem to be pretty good...nice clarity, light gathering and field of view.
However, the lens covers, top and bottom, are lousy !! The big ones with flip covers, won't stay closed and the small ones for the top lenses just keep falling off. Really was expecting better for the price paid.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for back yard, January 19, 2013
This is a perfectly good binocular for casual birding in the back yard. We've used the product for about 8 months. I wish they had come w/ a case, and the lens protectors for the far end of the product won't stay on. I've got them scotch taped in place for a trip to avoid scratches. Kind of annoying.