5.0 out of 5 stars ARC Made Me Buy It
Published on July 6, 2012 by Wayne M. Buckles

3.0 out of 5 stars ok. for price
these are ok for the price, but not even close to my Leopold range finder which are much clearer and brighter
Published 20 months ago by joe mendez lll

5.0 out of 5 stars ARC Made Me Buy It, July 6, 2012
This review is from: Bushnell BowHunter Chuck Adams Edition 4x 20mm ARC Bow Mode Laser Rangefinder (Sports)
Being a recovering rifle hunter and only having swapped to bow hunting recently, I came to the realization that something was missing from my rangefinder I use for rifle hunting.... ARC. For those that are not sure what that is: This compensates the distance based on the angle you are shooting. Although you can do a bit of quick math in your head to guess which pin to use when shooting up hill or down hill, the margin of error is just too great for my liking. The ARC feature is truly a must if you plan to bow hunt from a tree stand or in an area that has steep slopes.

I tested numerous different rangefinders that had an ARC like feature. This model seemed to outperform the other models/brands when all factors were taken into account. It is not as clear as a Nikon, nor is the display is slick looking as the Leupold. It does, however fit that spot right between all of them and does everything well. It also has angle compensation, if I didn't mention that. The next closest model I looked at and liked was the Nikon Archer's Choice, but it is another $100 or so and washes out in low light conditions. The Bushnell does not seem to be as bad with the washing out in low light as long as you are within arrow distance.

There is also a longer range version of this by Bushnell, but it only really gains you 50 yards over the distance of this model. Why would I shoot over 100 yards with a bow anyway? I am fairly accurate, but not willing to chance the added variables at that range.

If you are looking for one rangefinder to be perfect for both bow and rifle hunting, give it up. The features you need for the bow do not match those needed for rifle. Anything you get will not make you happy. This is the best bang for your buck to use with the bow and has the ARC to truly tell you which pin to use. If you want one for the rifle, spend the cash and get the Zeiss Victory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, January 5, 2012
This is such a nice thing to have in the woods. I practiced with this rangefinder in my back yard and it was spot on. I was using this in conjunction with an adjustable yardage pin I recently installed on my bow, and it is just amazing how great they both work together. I was shooting at yardages (in my yard) I would usually not attempt for fear of wounding an animal in the field. The ARC compensation worked flawlessly.
You have to be aware that you do not have anything in the way of the bottom site. Anything obstructing it's view will not allow it to acquire the target. Found that out while wearing my bow release!!!
Other than that, great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any bow hunter, September 5, 2011
As with all Bushnell products this are a good well built solid unit, this rangefinder is a easy one hand rapid distance and angle verifer that allows you to compensate for the arrow drop quickly and not lose sight of your target. Good price

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, October 10, 2011
Great product!! For the price, best rangefinder I have ever used. Compact design I can put it in my shirt pocket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but early failure, August 1, 2011
I have had this product for just over one month. It have had a chance to use it a little just getting acquanted with it. I found that it doesn't range out as far as advertised. I have only gotten as far as 300yards on trees not the 600yds they claim. I also found it only gave me up to 600yds on reflective surfaces not 800yds. It does go into bow mode automatically. Overall it would work fine for the areas I intend to hunt.
But now the failure. I went to range with it last night and found that the center reticle patern is no longer displaying as well as the bow mode. I called Bushnell and I have to return it for repairs. I am not to excited about that. At least they are making good on it. Who knows maybe I got a bad one and the repairs may get me the ranges as advertised. Wish me luck.
The saga continues.

4.0 out of 5 stars good range finder, October 2, 2013
I found this finder to be very accurate. The angle adjustment is very helpful from a stand. Only issue I was having is with low to even medium light it does not seem to work well when shooting 3d targets. It has a hard time picking them up to get a distance.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok. for price, January 22, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars light weight, May 7, 2012
When I received this range finder in the mail I was schocked at how much less it weighed than the rangefinder I already have. Its very lightweight so i attached it to the top left front of my hunting jacket and I found i can let it swing freely and not notice it hanging there. I attached it there so its out of the way when I draw my bow, yet its easy and quick to grab when I need it. I can also tuck it into my jacket out of the weather if needed. Looking forward to my hunts this coming fall to use it again. The readings were very easy for my eyes to pick up when ranging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, September 2, 2011
this rangefinder is easy to use, light weight and very accurate. The instructions are very simple as is the product. A great tool for any hunter!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent rangefinder for even non-hunting applications, October 23, 2013
Travis (Canton, GA, United States) - See all my reviews
I use this rangefinder to notate ranges to objects off my second floor deck. The device is quick, efficient, and easy to read. The angle compensation function is accurate and very useful. My only complaint on the device is that I do wish there was a color choice for the display. Ranging in the woods can be dark and the display is black LED which can sometimes be hard to read. Not enough to knock a star off though, it does it's job well!

Rate and Discover Movies