4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price!?
I paid a little extra over the regular TRS-25 for the HiRise and the muted Bushnell logo (silver / gray on this unit, gold on the regular TRS-25).

The riser body is not bad, but that tightening screw is just butt ugly!
Published 13 months ago by basicblur

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome red dot!! not worth the extra money for the Riser
Published 13 months ago by James Addiction

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price!?, June 23, 2013
This review is from: Bushnell AR Optics TRS-25 HiRise Red Dot Riflescope with Riser Block, 1x25mm (Sports)

The riser body is not bad, but that tightening screw is just butt ugly!
Also note that the moveable clamp (on the side not shown) does not extend the entire length of the base as about every other riser I've seen does.

As a result, when you loosen the adjustment screw, the moveable clamp tends to flop around - most full length clamps will stay in place until you can tighten them.

I'm giving this unit 4 stars based on price, appearance, features, and looking through it.
Yeah, I know it's probably not Aimpoint, EOTech, Trijicon tough, but this is going on a 15-22 plinker, set up like a poor man's 3-Gun practice rig (Nikon P22 scope, Bushnell TRS-25 mounted behind the scope on a Weaver 1 o'clock offset mount).

The more I read about this unit online, the more impressive it sounded. Many folks are running it on bigger guns, as well as shotguns with good results / longevity.
I actually ran across one video where they torture tested cheap red dot sights, and this unit passed the dunk test and survived being thrown to the ground while mounted on a rifle. Many of the other cheap red dots failed one or both of those tests.

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome red dot!! not worth the extra money for the Riser, May 29, 2013
Let me start by saying that this little Bushnell is one of the best Micro Red Dots out there for the money. I have one of these red dots sitting on a UTG riser and mounted on my Bushmaster XM15. It Co-witness's perfect with the factory Iron sights, and after a few hundred rounds sent down range, it still maintains zero. So, when My Girlfriend decided to finally purchase herself an M&P15 Sport, she wanted the same Bushnell TRS-25 that was on my gun. So, I thought that I would be a nice boyfriend and buy her one. Well, after looking online and searching around at local gun stores and Walmart, this is the only one that I could find in Black. I didn't really need the riser because I had already ordered an extra (UTG LE Rated Double Rail/3 Slot Angle Mount with Integral QD Lever Lock System) But I thought maybe this one is better quality than the UTG, seeing how its from Bushnell and made exclusively for this red dot. Well, I was wrong. The Riser that came with the Bushnell is not worth the extra $25 that I had to spend. Its okay, it seems to grip to rail pretty good once you tighten it down with all or your might, but I don't really trust it. Also, the iron sights sit on the bottom spectrum of the red dot lens, and not the center. The rubber dust cap straps snapped on me the first time I went to take them off, which I found very annoying considering the dust covers on my TRS-25 have been perfectly fine, and have been taken off and on more times than I can even begin to remember.. One thing I did notice about this red dot vs mine, is that the Bushnell logo on mine is yellow, and on hers is white. I don't know if this is just some older model that has been laying around in a warehouse for a couple years, or if this is just some sort of fluke, and just happened to have some defective accessories. But I would not buy this one ever again. Just buy the regular one and spend $12 on a UTG riser.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, February 28, 2014
I run this sight on a few rifles and it does fine with reasonable use, it's not meant for jumping out of a chopper in the sandbox but, it works great. I've ran it in rain, dropped it on dirt but the most impressive thing about this little guy that it keeps its zero very well. I put it on my Mossberg 590, zeroed it in then began to fire 1600 fps magnum slugs through it, I went through about 45 rounds. I shot it shouldered, from the hip and even dropped tested it once(empty chamber) and this little bastard kept zero. Of course I was shooting a large IPSC target from about 25 yards so I wasn't looking for one jagged hold but if it can take that from a magnum slug it sure as sunshine going to function correctly on your AR or AK platform. If you want milspec go spend $500+ on an Aimpoint but if you don't want to spend that much on a sight, you can't go wrong with this RDS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and product, August 26, 2013
I can't see any reason to spend more for a red dot, this one is inexpensive and high quality. Thumbs up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Red dot, July 31, 2013
Used it for the first time in the desert. Extremely bright out and the red dot was really easy to see. I would buy this all over again. Makes shooting a breeze @ 100 or less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Red Dot for the money., April 3, 2014
Works awesome, very rugged and no issues to speak of. Holds zero round after round. I would recommend this in a heart beat and would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best optic in the price range, March 17, 2014
Build quality is sturdy, Getting zero is easy, Red dot keeps zero. Brightness knob is very tactile.Fantastic piece of kit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price, February 28, 2014
i like he fact that the scope is small and compact. Over all for the money its a great buy it gets the job done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bushnell AR Optics TRS-25, July 23, 2013
Love this red dot. for a fraction of the price of Aimpoint T-1 you can't go wrong. I put through 700 rounds and it still maintain zero settings. I had to replace the high riser mount that came with it with a UTG medium riser mount so I can co-witness with the iron sights. I'm not much of a fan of 1/3 co-witness so this worked out good for me. If you don't want to spend $500 or $600 for a red dot this will do the job. Enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mini red dot, July 6, 2013
This mini dot was a great purchase. It gives fast acquisition and is quick to install. I would definitely purchase another.

Rate and Discover Movies