5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value for birders, astronomers, etc.
I am an avid birder as well as a star-lover. These binoculars are incredible! I have them on my table at all times to watch birds with, and they go with me on any hike or camping trip I take.
Published on November 8, 2000 by Lisa Shea

2.0 out of 5 stars Well Designed, Poor Optics
Very convenient to use, nice focusing, rubber eye cups, but you get what you pay for. Binocular users don't usually realize what they're missing until they check out Nikon or Minolta binocs. The images focus into crystal clarity but the price is close to a hundred or more bucks. But it's like a digital camera. It doesn't matter what the features are if the images are...
Published on October 9, 2004 by Confederate

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value for birders, astronomers, etc., November 8, 2000
The initial setup is super-easy, and once you do that, they are some of the best I've used for tracking down and focusing on a moving object. A quick finger-toggle slides the focus for you without losing track of what you're looking at. I've in fact bought many sets of these binoculars for friends and family as gifts because they were so useful for me, and now I have a wide following addicted to these binoculars.
The image of course is fantastic, well lit and good sized!
If you have any sort of interest in nature, astronomy, sports, or just about anything else which involves viewing objects at a distance, these are definitely the binoculars to try. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is what is meant by the term - User Friendly!, June 26, 2000
By A Customer
These binoculars are the easiest to use of any I have ever tried. The initial setting directions are simple to follow and then you can instantly change the focus from far to near with finger tip ease. We live on a lake and use them for bird watching. I can focus on a bird at our feeder and then watch it flying all the way to its nest. I just touch the instant focus feature with my finger and do not have to take my eyes off it. I can watch a bird across the lake with the same ease. You do not feel like you need an engineering degree to be able to use these binoculars to their fullest potential. What a concept! Something that is easy to use and does what it's supposed to do at an affordable price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fixed Power Binoculars!!!, February 9, 2009
Greetings,
These binoculars focus great from up-close to far away. The PowerView Zip Focus works great for fast focusing and the views are sharp. This is a great deal for the money. Always set the Bino's on a stationary surface when setting the diopter for matching your eyes the first time. Focus left eye first with PowerZoom focus with right eye shut, then open right eye and close left and adjust the diopter (twist right eyepiece) for right eye focus. Once set, you will experience great performance from your Bushnell Bino's!!!! Enjoy! ...Jamie

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for astronomy, July 10, 2002
I purchased my 10x50 Powerview binoculars ... after using a pair similar to these (Bushnell Permafocus 10x50). I liked the quality of the Permafocus, but not the price or the lack of focusing adjustment...you'll need it eventhough the are "perma-focused", so I decided to buy the Powerview. I'm glad I did because they are built better, have a slightly better case, and you can see objects that are closer, something that the Permafocus is not capable of. Initialy, Bushnell was not my first choice, but after research, they were my only choice. Buy these binoculars for the quality, price, lifetime warrenty, and ease of use. One thing to keep in mind about high power binoculars, you may want to think about getting a tripod and adapter (I made one out of a piece of angle-iron) if you want to see a steady image. Lastly, if you are just getting into astronomy and can't decide weather to get a higher power than the 10x50's, I'd say start with the 10x50's for the field of view and the more stedy image, and then if you still want more power get the bigger ones (Bushnell 16x50 Powerview are available at Target for around not much more than these 10x50's are priced at...worth checking out).

5.0 out of 5 stars Bushnell 12 X 50 Wide Angle Powerview Binoculars, August 15, 2001
Carolyn Marcade (St. Joseph, MI United States) - See all my reviews
These binoculars are clear as a bell! So easy to use - just point and focus! That's it! There is no zoom feature, just a 12 times closer view.
The "Field of View" is 265 feet, which translated means that at a distance of 1,000 yards you can view a 265-foot width. They are comfortable to hold, lightweight and excellent for bird watching, hunting or field sporting events!
To store them in the nicely padded, soft carrying case, there is no need to readjust settings. When you need them again, just take them out, remove the barrel caps and you are where you left off! These are good quality, inexpensive binoculars. I'm very happy with my purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars We like these binoculars a lot, September 7, 2001
John Parsons (Rimrock, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
We have three old "beater" Bushnells in the 7x35 range. Finally decided to "upgrade." Found this model on Ebay but with high shipping and no guarantee Amazon's price was lightyear's better.
Turns the binorculars are a GREAT deal. The auto focus feature is especially valuable because my wife and I have such different vision. Now there's no need to fiddle with the focus. We just pass them back and forth and NO problem. Out here with Utah's spectacular distant vistas, these binocs are a blessing. They are also great for watching raptors inflight. No need to fiddle with the focus. They handle well, feel great, look good and perform up to expectations. We wouldn't dare buy a more expensive pair because of the dust and dirt in our travel and camping environment. These binocs are a great compromise for the dollar and we would highly recommend them. BTW, it took less than a week to get them delivered here in the boonies. Sometimes, it is MUCH better to buy retail from Amazon than to mess around with Ebay. The "customer comfort level" which goes with the Amazon reputation is well worth a few extra dollars. Besides, we alla need to support this company--what would we rural people do without it. It's like the Sears Robuck catalog used to be--a household staple! Buy them and ENJOY!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Money, February 22, 2008
This is the first Binoc purchase I have made and I will say I am quite pleased.

I have some outdoor friends that have those higher end models made from camera companies that are a few hundred dollars and in all honesty, I can't tell much of a difference. Just remember, this is coming from a beginner. Obviously experts will point out of the "niddy griddy" flaws, etc. for one reason or other. I do the same in other fields of my expertises. But unlike the typical expert, I throw away my pride and firmly believe in the most bang for your buck.

And these Binocs definitely pull through.

Would have been five stars, but I agree with everyone else; the strap is a piece of crap. Haven't even bothered putting in on.

P.S. remember that these magnify 20x. The average person will find it hard to keep the magnified image stable. Military uses 6-8x binocs for this reason.

4.0 out of 5 stars high power fi that's what you want, June 3, 2009
gobber (buffalo, ny) - See all my reviews
I read the reviews on this product and was a little reluctant to buy it beacuse people complained that they were too strong and difficult to hold when looking at a distance. If you want strong binoculars that's what will happen. These are fantastic at long distance and need a steady hand. If you want close distance you will need to get weaker ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Overlooked Telescope, December 17, 2000
I totally agree with Amazon, this may be the most "overlooked telescope" and probably the best value. When I was a teenager and avid astronomy buff, I started out with binoculars. It's a great way to get started and to test if this is a passing fad. Once I got hooked, I bought a telescope. The binoculars were still handy to have for other uses as well.
If you are an amateur astronomer just starting out the best way to introduce yourself to the stars and planets is with a pair of high-power binoculars. They are more affordable than a basic refractor telescope which you probably won't like anyway. A good pair of binoculars will allow you to see the details of the moon, the Orion Nebula and the Pleaides star cluster.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great binocs for the *PRICE*, November 11, 2004
Joseph L. Sudek (Old Forge, PA,USA) - See all my reviews
Took a chance buying the 12x50's at Walmart. Nothing to lose, can always get refund. Worked out surprisingly well. Only fault I could see was stiff center focus compared to most binocs I've used with smooth center wheel. But once your focused in you won't lose it. Some reviewer's stated *junk*. Ones they received must have been out of collimation or defect in lenses or prisms. This happens sometimes with best of binocs. Some fuzziness around edges but object should be centered for best viewing anyway. Right eye diopter works excellent on 0. I've seen my share of bad & good binocs over past 20 yrs. of being involved in optics.They're as sharp centered as my 12x50 Pentax PCF V's. Spend the $43 or be totally happy with Fujinon's, $600 to $1000 pricetag. Even Orion Nebulae comes in sharp. Even a plane mile up engines, windows & tail logo easily spotted, you be the judge. Great all-around binocs.