1,125 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for back row of auditorium
Published on January 6, 2009 by Anthony Allison

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I found focusing these binoculars difficult, to almost impossible. Once in focus, they would not stay in focus. The adjustment focus for individual eyes also would not stay focused properly and would jump out of focus for no identifiable reason. The clarity of the image was far worse than I have come to expect from Bushnell products. I returned them for a refund.
Published on December 5, 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for back row of auditorium, January 6, 2009
Talk about a revelation: Why did nobody tell us how much a pair of good binoculars can enhance your enjoyement of concerts and shows? My wife and I warmly recommend these Bushnell 8x21s for such events. You can save money by buying cheap seats in the nosebleed section, because for approx. $20 these binocs give you an amazing close-up view. After carefully reading the online reviews of these and the Bushnell 12x25s, I couldn't decide which would be better for a recent trip to New York, and ended up buying both. My wife and I tried each and agreed these smaller, lighter ones were absolutely perfect for the back row of Carnegie Hall and a Broadway show. The 12x25s have better magnification, but your natural hand/arm shaking is also magnified. Since one can't easily take a tripod into Broadway theaters and such, the lightweight 8x21s are therefore ideal. The perfect compromise between weight and adequate magnification. We liked the handy carrying case and weren't concerned, as others were here, about the thinness of the cord. The overall quality is amazing for such a cheap pair of binocs. We will never go to another concert or play without them. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars From the perspective of a beginner and amateur photographer, October 9, 2008
I know very little about binoculars. I know a lot about cameras, but have never owned a pair of binocs. I wanted to buy a basic binoculars with a decent range for my photography nature trips. I wanted to survey a scene quickly with light binoculars and decided to get this one. It's cheap, had good reviews and a respectable name. Here are my views after owning it for a couple of months:

PROS:
1. Excellent value
2. Respectable name
3. Small and light
4. Good solid quality
5. Adjusting stereo vision is quick and smooth and stays in place once found
6. Comes with a nice little soft case
7. Folds up nicely

CONS:
1. Eye holes are smaller than I would like. Still see my eyelashes sometimes. This is expected of most compact binoculars.
2. Requires a decent amount of light to work. A little difficult for sunrise photography.
3. Neck string is thin and difficult to replace

Overall, this seems like a very solid product and at this price, it's a no lose choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bushnell Compact Binoculars, August 25, 2008
Purchased the Bushnell 10x32 compact binocs for use on an Alaskan cruise in August. This item worked very well for glacier as well as wildlife viewing. They are lightweight and easy to carry. For the price this binocular was great for our purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Binoculars, Great Price, February 17, 2004
I purchased these binoculars to bring to concerts and plays. The size was perfect for my small evening purse, but I didn't realize just how well they worked. Wish that I would have owned them when I was sitting in the upper stratosphere at the Celine Dion concert in Las Vegas. They go with me to every event now to ensure a "good" seat every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding at twice the price, September 12, 2002
Big-Z (Heavenly Valley, NV United States) - See all my reviews
I have shared a pair with a friend for more than a year and I must say I was amazed the first time I looked through them, having had all my experience with a [$] pair of older compact binoculars. These were nearly as good and a fraction of the price. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad...not bad at all, March 30, 2008
nvrl8 (Central Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
I got these as a alternative to my Nikon 12x50. I wanted a more compact set to take to Arena sports and something that was just easier to carry. While no match to the Nikons these are still an excellent pair that I use on a daily bases. One thing I would change is the neck strap, its just a string that digs into the back of your neck although I think all compact binoculars have this string. Overall I would buy it again! 4 stars for the strap otherwise I"d give it 5

4.0 out of 5 stars lets get it straight, February 28, 2007
these glasses are small, protable and good for concerts and quick bird work. I keep a set in the car, but they do not replace my larger busnells for birding. please don't expect to do more than a little backyard birding with these, and i am now adjusted to my larger set, so i use those in the yard. You get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Binoculars, May 17, 2008
I recently purchased 4 different pairs of binoculars to try out for a camp nature center. (It was easier than trying to get to our "local" Gander Mountain - 90 miles away). All were about $30, and these are definitely my favorite. These were the only compact pair that I tried, which was the winning feature. They're small enough not to take up a lot of space in a backpack, and to my eye the optics are great and the focus is easy. I'm going to get a bunch more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, July 13, 2005
These easily fit in a pocket next to a cell phone, or with the included case strap to a belt. I used these for game viewing in Africa and was not disappointed; got me close to the action and were never a hassle to lug around or take out. For the money, these are a great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, even if you wear glasses!!, October 22, 2009
dog lover (AZ United States) - See all my reviews
Everything you read in these reviews is true! They are lightweight, easy to adjust (without the manual) AND so inexpensive for the quality you get! If you wear glasses, there is a "fold down" feature on the eye pieces so you can use them WITH your glasses for crystal clear, up close viewing! They bring things in so close you don't know what you are seeing at first!!! Terrific!

Bushnell Powerview Compact Folding Roof Prism Binocular