Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bushnell Powerview Compact Folding Roof Prism Binocular
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 6, 2009
Talk about a revelation: Why did nobody tell us how much a pair of good binoculars can enhance your enjoyement of concerts and shows? My wife and I warmly recommend these Bushnell 8x21s for such events. You can save money by buying cheap seats in the nosebleed section, because for approx. $20 these binocs give you an amazing close-up view. After carefully reading the online reviews of these and the Bushnell 12x25s, I couldn't decide which would be better for a recent trip to New York, and ended up buying both. My wife and I tried each and agreed these smaller, lighter ones were absolutely perfect for the back row of Carnegie Hall and a Broadway show. The 12x25s have better magnification, but your natural hand/arm shaking is also magnified. Since one can't easily take a tripod into Broadway theaters and such, the lightweight 8x21s are therefore ideal. The perfect compromise between weight and adequate magnification. We liked the handy carrying case and weren't concerned, as others were here, about the thinness of the cord. The overall quality is amazing for such a cheap pair of binocs. We will never go to another concert or play without them. Highly recommended.
33 comments|874 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2008
I know very little about binoculars. I know a lot about cameras, but have never owned a pair of binocs. I wanted to buy a basic binoculars with a decent range for my photography nature trips. I wanted to survey a scene quickly with light binoculars and decided to get this one. It's cheap, had good reviews and a respectable name. Here are my views after owning it for a couple of months:

PROS:
1. Excellent value
2. Respectable name
3. Small and light
4. Good solid quality
5. Adjusting stereo vision is quick and smooth and stays in place once found
6. Comes with a nice little soft case
7. Folds up nicely

CONS:
1. Eye holes are smaller than I would like. Still see my eyelashes sometimes. This is expected of most compact binoculars.
2. Requires a decent amount of light to work. A little difficult for sunrise photography.
3. Neck string is thin and difficult to replace

Overall, this seems like a very solid product and at this price, it's a no lose choice.
33 comments|387 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2008
Purchased the Bushnell 10x32 compact binocs for use on an Alaskan cruise in August. This item worked very well for glacier as well as wildlife viewing. They are lightweight and easy to carry. For the price this binocular was great for our purpose.
33 comments|325 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2005
These easily fit in a pocket next to a cell phone, or with the included case strap to a belt. I used these for game viewing in Africa and was not disappointed; got me close to the action and were never a hassle to lug around or take out. For the money, these are a great value.
11 comment|133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2002
I have shared a pair with a friend for more than a year and I must say I was amazed the first time I looked through them, having had all my experience with a [$] pair of older compact binoculars. These were nearly as good and a fraction of the price. Highly recommended.
0Comment|177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 28, 2007
these glasses are small, protable and good for concerts and quick bird work. I keep a set in the car, but they do not replace my larger busnells for birding. please don't expect to do more than a little backyard birding with these, and i am now adjusted to my larger set, so i use those in the yard. You get what you pay for.
11 comment|171 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2004
I purchased these binoculars to bring to concerts and plays. The size was perfect for my small evening purse, but I didn't realize just how well they worked. Wish that I would have owned them when I was sitting in the upper stratosphere at the Celine Dion concert in Las Vegas. They go with me to every event now to ensure a "good" seat every time.
0Comment|246 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2009
Everything you read in these reviews is true! They are lightweight, easy to adjust (without the manual) AND so inexpensive for the quality you get! If you wear glasses, there is a "fold down" feature on the eye pieces so you can use them WITH your glasses for crystal clear, up close viewing! They bring things in so close you don't know what you are seeing at first!!! Terrific!
11 comment|164 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2000
I recently purchased these binoculars and I also own another pair that I bought at a much higher price. I have to say, these are better than my $50 binocs! Great stability combines with wide viewing area and easy focus to create the best binoculars I've ever used! This is an easy purchase, a must buy!
22 comments|211 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2000
These binoculars are great. They will fit in your shirt pocket and not even weigh it down. They are really clear too. I love to take them to sports events. And I keep them in my pocket, so I don't drop or beak them! I would recomend them strongly.