4.0 out of 5 stars Fits Well, Works Well
Published on January 18, 2012 by Kenneth F. Anderson

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong product advertised
This box is advertised by Amazon as being the box for the Bushnell Black LEDs trophy camera. It is not, it's too small. I've notified Amazon but apparently the comments have fallen on deaf ears. The correct box is made by Camlockbox and is available on Amazon.Security Box Fits Bushnell Trophy Cam Black LED Trail Cameras
Published on September 23, 2011 by James S.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong product advertised, September 23, 2011
This review is from: Bushnell Bear Safe Security Case for Trophy Cam Trail Cameras (Sports)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits Well, Works Well, January 18, 2012
I recently bought a Bushnell Trophy Cam trail camera to supplement the two Primos cameras that I already had. My impression of the camera itself was that I didn't think it would be rugged enough to withstand bear attacks, so I bought this security case for it. I hesitated buying it because of all of the reviews from people who said it didn't fit. I was pleased to find that the camera fit inside the security case very well. Since it's winter here now, I won't be able to speak to how well it handles the elements, but there is nothing about the construction of the security case that would lead me to believe that it wouldn't work well. The case is comparable to the cases that I have for my Primos cameras, and I know that they have endured rain nearly every second or third day throughout the spring, summer and fall, as well as a few bear attacks, close up inspection by bears and moose, and being used as a backscratcher by a black bear one time while it was recording video. This security case comes with a padlock, which might be a plus to some people, although I won't be using it. My cameras are placed in different places on a one hundred acre tract of land that I own, so I am not so concerned about someone stealing or tampering with the camera, as I am about the weather and abuse by animals. The padlock allows for quite a lot of play, allowing the cover to be lifted up a half an inch or more, and I'd rather have that cinched tight, so I will probably replace the padlock with something as simple as a twist tie. For better camouflage, I have placed some fabric camouflage tape over the exterior of the security case, which should nearly make it disappear among even a small amount of foliage. The Bushnell Trophy Cam is much smaller than the Primos cameras and the Primos cameras are fairly hard to see with the camouflage tape. Overall, I like the security case, and will add to, or edit this review next spring or summer after I have put it to work real time. My camouflage taping may be see on my wildlife site at petramainewildlife.com.

Added on May 9, 2012: After approximately one month in the woods, my experience with the security case is positive. It has already survived two bear attacks and one curious moose. Since I am using my camera well within my own property, I am not using the lock that came with the security case and am using the sort of twist ties that you might find in the produce section of the supermarket instead. Truth be told, I am using a twist tie that I stole from the supermarket but I'll deny that in court. The tie keeps the lid firmly closed, yet readily accessible.

Added on July 6, 2012: A couple of slight negatives. The strap gets in the way when I am trying to insert or remove the camera from the case, which is not a major problem but an annoyance, nevertheless. Also, when the security case is strapped onto a tree with rough bark, the lid, which opens at the top, gets stuck on the bark, requiring that the straps be loosened in order to remove the camera. This too, is more of an annoyance than a major problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bushnell Black LED Trophy Cam does NOT fit, April 16, 2012
My *1 star* rating is because this is the WRONG bear safe (box) for the Black LED trail camera I ordered at the same time. Otherwise this Bushnell box looked fine; if only I could have used it. Amazon accepted my return without a problem (and free return shipping).

Other reviews of this box warned that the camera wouldn't fit so I double checked the model numbers before ordering. This bear safe was listed on Amazon and on the Bushnell web-site as the proper accessory for the Bushnell Trophy Cam Black LED Trail camera: Camera model numbers 119466C and 119467C. This box is too small for those cameras.

The error of listing this box to fit those cameras should have been corrected long ago.

Get the "Camlockbox" (which I subsequently ordered and have also reviewed = 5 stars). It actually allows the camera to fit inside.

Note: the Camlockbox does not come with a padlock.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam Black Led Trail Cam, June 30, 2011
I purchased the metal case with the intent of using it with a Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam. Unfortunately the camera does not fit in this case and the product description does not state that. In fact, I purchased the Trophy Cam off Amazon as well and the case I ordered was suggested during purchase of the camera.

The case itself looks well built and secure for the Bushnell cameras that do fit it. Amazon needs to update the product description so it reflects that this case will not work with the newer Bushnell HD cameras.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bushnell security case, September 7, 2013
This product has performed well in an exposed environment for several years. The case appears to be stronger than the little lock that came with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, September 5, 2013
I have two of these for my outdoor cameras. It has been nearly a year and they work great. I plan to purchase another camera and will purchase another case.

4.0 out of 5 stars i do like it but???, August 23, 2013
I do like the case but its not keeping bears from damaging the camera , but, so humans cant steal the camera itself.(i had one stolen w/o security case). I do wish that it had a hole on back of case that a 1/2 " cable can be run thru it. This way that it would be even harder to steal the camera. The 1/2" hole would let a treestand style cable go thru it and then go around the tree. I do hunt /scout more than 20 days a year...and I would recommend it to a friend

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, August 20, 2013
Amazon Customer (College Park, MD, US) - See all my reviews
Nice protection for the camera. It is easy to use and install. The lock is also very nice. Not like impossible to open (like with a hand saw) but enough for most general purposes.
Yes, I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, August 13, 2013
fits the bushnell camera perfectly,easy to use,solid product,i would recomend to any hunters that use cameras in heavy hunting areas

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, July 15, 2013
Ok if you use anything other than screws (like a radiator clamp) the camera will not go down in the case.

ARRAY(0x9aa35978)