4.0 out of 5 stars Bushnell Rangefinder
Published on December 25, 2009 by Philip C. Gavosto

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor battery life
Returned my 1st V2 with slope model, after a couple of weeks of use and going thru 3 batteries. Amazon replaced same problem with the replacement, 1st battery lasted a few rounds then next 1 one. Time to find a different brand. Amazon state they would take off web site until problem fixed? they have not!
Published on September 10, 2012 by Kats

4.0 out of 5 stars Bushnell Rangefinder, December 25, 2009
This review is from: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope Edition Rangefinder with Pinseeker (Sports)
I had been looking for a new rangefinder for a while because I am a 9 handicap and wanted to see if I could lower my single digit rating. Most of my friends have opted for the GPS type units that I looked evaluate for over 6 mos. My previous rangefinder had been lifted at a golfing outing. It was also a Bushnell; it was OK , but was not as sharp as the one I purchased. The Bushnell Tour V2 has advanced the accuracy and quickness of operation quite well. If you are wondering if it will pick up 440 yd holes because you hit the ball that long, this unit is not for you. My golf game is from 150 yards in. I am not a long hitter so my second shot is a very important part of my game whether it's a par four or par five. I need the info quickly and precisely. I found this unit the one the people in my foursome always are asking me; "how far is it Phil?" because their units, their GPS ones they have to fiddle with too much. I have experienced inaccurate distances with GPS units of my playing partners especially from 100yds into the green Did they download the right courses on three 9 hole tracks that we were playing that day etc etc? No tricky computer downloads. No annual fees with the Bushnell V2.

My Bushnell is just what I need and can be used with one hand. The V2 has the slope option and I have been checking this feature out and although prospects of a final opinion are good I am not ready to elaborate just yet so no 5 star rating. I also used this unit in my work (architect) and it has been very helpful. If you are going to buy it choose the one with the slope option.

Ok-a couple of negatives--- the battery is troublesome to load into the unit and other reports of keeping it in its hole have been reported-alright I put a piece of gorilla tape over it as a precaution, I'm not proud. Battery life was also a concern; well I only used it over the summer 13 weeks 3x a week and it seems OK. The battery is also a not so typical, so keeping a spare in your bag is a good idea. It is also a more expensive one over the common AA or AAA ones. The carrying case is a bit cumbersome but there are aftermarket colorfull ones in the golf stores or on line. I like a case that is bright so I don't forget it in the cart after the round.

I also had some interface with a Bushnell teckie at their headquarters and he gave me some honest info (how refreshing!!!!)

Overall I highly recommend this unit the Bushnell V2. The Amazon price was good and the delivery quick-

"Fairway Phil"

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little gadget, June 20, 2009
A positive addition to my game! Don't worry too much about the steady hand concern, Pinseeker works well and truly saves me strokes caused by distance error. Now I'm the "official" crier of yardage for any group I'm in (maybe the only down side of this tool). I feel this is much better than GPS because you have infinite target options and, if your on the road and don't know what courses you may play, no computer download or preplanned golf is required.

I used the V2 right out of the box, although I read the manual while awaiting arrival. The V2 requires you be a little sensible regarding the distance, and if the reading doesn't seem right, I simply scan again to verify. The slope option is well worth the extra $$ and, for me, it's dead-on. I simply can't see how someone would be disappointed with the V2 rangefinder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely accurate and useful, May 1, 2010
Great rangefinder. It is easy to use, very accurate, and I use it all the time. I walk when I play golf, so this small, lightweight rangefinder really comes in handy. I use it to help me judge the distance on approach shots by guessing before measuring. Amazing how accurate this rangefinder is when compared to other players that are using the GPS in their carts. Even then, they ask me how far it is to the flag, since the GPS only gives a reading to an area of the green. I don't use the slope feature as much as I thought I would, but it might come in handy for future courses.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor battery life, September 10, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars An amazing piece of technology, June 12, 2010
This is a truly ingenious device with deadly accuracy to 1 yard using the pinseeker option. I have thrown my GPS away now. This device has the advantage that not only can you find how far the flag is, but also how far is the bunker, what's the carry on the water etc. And if you want to know how far your drive was, you can stand at your ball on the fairway, turn round and pick up an object on the tee box. Since you are already carrying it, its also damn useful to augment your eyesight for spotting your ball after the drive. The slope feature is a cool addition - tells you 150 playing 160 uphill etc. However, if you are a tournament player then consider not having the slope feature as it is the last 10% and not allowed in many tournaments even if you don't use this feature so you would have to leave your V2 slope in the locker room. I personally play for fun and enjoy this feature.

The one small negative is that mine came with a geeky flourescent orange case which if you strap to your belt lets everyone on the course know you have a range finder. Luckily this Tour version is also small enough to slip into your pocket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredible accuracy and very easy to use, April 14, 2011
Very happy with this purchase. This was the 1st range finder I've ever purchased. I decided to get a range finder so I could better determine my distances from 100 yards in. The slope is a nice feature but wouldn't suggest someone pay an extra $100 for it unless your game is very dialed in or you constantly deal with huge elevation changes.

5.0 out of 5 stars bushnell V-2 range finder / slope edition, April 10, 2010
this range finder is awesome.I've dialed in my shots for more birdie opportunity's.super lite,and simple to use.wish i would of had one years ago.takes alot of guess work out of playing when you have your club distances on paper.the only drawback is holding steady in wind. it takes 3 or 4 reads to get a average. would highly recommend to anyone wanting to improve his or her score.very accurate,especally reading up and down hills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fluff on the Bag !!!, June 3, 2012
I purchased for my husband, he thinks the rangefinder is awesome. Here is his review: "It is nice to be able to get the yardages to the pins. The slope edition is nice for choosing clubs. Feels like I have a caddy on the bag whose name is fluff."

5.0 out of 5 stars Adds a new dimension to golf!, February 25, 2011
You still have to make the shot, but this takes away any doubt about how far it is to the flag. It's also great for determining what it takes to cover a hazard or reach a lay-up point. I still use my GPS (which is certainly needed for blind shots), but pull this out when I get ready to go for the green. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product, May 25, 2013
Bought this Bushnell Rangefinder and took it on a recent weekend golf outing. Really helped my game as it allows me instant feedback not only to what club I need to hit, but also how far I am hitting my clubs that day. Every day between my swing being on or off and conditions of wind etc, my clubs may vary by 5 to 10 yards. This rangefinder not only tells me how far it is to a pin (or trouble like bunkers) but also helps me decide what club to use as I can gauge distance based on the strength of my swing that day!

Highly recommend this product!

Bushnell Tour V2 Slope Edition Rangefinder with Pinseeker