5.0 out of 5 stars Best golf purchase in years
Published on July 7, 2008 by Paul Callahan

3.0 out of 5 stars goes through batteries
Published on June 26, 2009 by Marjorie

5.0 out of 5 stars Best golf purchase in years, July 7, 2008
This review is from: Bushnell Tour V2 Standard Edition Golf Laser Rangefinder (Sports)
I have used a skycaddie for two years. In fact, both only lasted about 6 months before they broke. In a panic, I bought a Bushnell V2 w/ Pinseeker the day before going to Pinehurst and played 4 rounds of golf with it, three of the courses I've never played before. It does everything Bushnell claims. Its very easy to use and the Pinseeker mode works perfectly. It never gave me an incorrect reading. One day I was with a Pinehurst member who had a laser designed to work specifically with a reflective element on top of all the Pinehurst flags. Every reading on every par 3 was exactly the same as his to the yard. If you have never used a Rangefinder or skycaddie, I'd recommend the Bushnell range finder. It does everything a skycaddie does AND you can laser anything on the course, not just the geographic references the skycaddie has in its course memory. I'm bitter about my skycaddies expenses, but this thing works better. When I get my skycaddie back, I'll use it but won't spend the money to renew the annual membership this fall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, easy to use, August 27, 2008
I had a non-pinseeker model before and liked it. This one is much better at finding the pin/ flag. Previous model would have some problems distinguishing the flag from trees in the background. This one zeros in very nicely. Highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars goes through batteries, June 26, 2009
The Bushnell Tour V2 is excellent, easy to use, accurate......when it is working. We bought one a couple of months ago and it has already gone through 2 batteries. It's a bummer to use it and find it's not working because the battery is dead. A battery is supposed to last for 10,000 uses. We're going to try one more battery and if it goes dead quickly (as the other 2 have done), we're going to return it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, April 27, 2009
Bob D (Santa Barbara, CA) - See all my reviews
I purchased the Bushnell Tour V2 for golf, replacing an older rangefinder which did not have Pinseeker technology. The 5x magnification on the Tour V2 is easier to hold steady than the 6x on my old rangefinder. The Pinseeker feature works great, too. To get a reading on a flag, simply scan back and forth across the flag itself, and the rangefinder will show you the closest reading it gets, which is almost always the distance to the pin.

It's easy to get distance to hazards, also, using the pinseeker setting, but if you have trouble reading a certain object for some reason, you can switch off pinseeker, and use the rangefinder in scan mode, getting continuously updated distances to everything the laser sweeps across. Good product. I'm very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Rangefinder, December 22, 2008
I like this unit better than my Sky Caddie, as it gives me an exact distance to the pin. I was a little worried that I would be too "shaky" to lock in on the flag, but the Pinseeker Technology makes it a snap, even for me!

1.0 out of 5 stars Short Life Span, April 2, 2009
C. Williams "C. Williams" (Denver, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
I've had the V2 for only four months and suddenly the tens digit on the distance read-out is only displaying half of the LCD character for the number. For distances under 100 yards it's impossible to guess the range. A new battery doesn't resolve this problem. Very poor quality for a company like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, July 17, 2008
Have had the TourV2 Pinseeker a few weeks now and am absolutely happy with it. Easy to use, lightweight and just tucks into one of my golf bag pockets...in less than 30 seconds I can get a distance "read" and make a club decision. Much faster than trying to figure out the distance or stepping off distances from markers on the course. When I select a club, it's nice to actually know the distance to the flag....and I find it useful to check distance to hazards, creeks, etc. Already seeing improvements in my scoring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bushnell Tour V2 Pin Seeker, November 2, 2008
This Bushnell is easier to use than the next size up. While the optics aren't quite as crisp, they are very good. It is easy to focus and doesn't require real steady hands to find the pin and get a distance measurement. Also, the small size and clip on case are easy to attach to my golf bag so it is always with me when I go to the course. We have both this one and the other one but this one is my preference.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware: Battery Hog!, October 19, 2010
The battery used in this unit is a 3 volt lithium camera battery. It lasts about 20 rounds, and costs about $10. That's about $60 a year for me. I know 8 people who have this unit and they all have the same problem. This is a design defect. Other manufacturers use a 9 volt battery which lasts years and costs half as much. They all give accurate yardage, so that's not an issue. They probably did it to save space. Bad decision!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bushnell Tour V2 with Pinseeker Laser Range Finder, May 12, 2010
I have used the V2 range finder now for 3 weeks, playing golf at least 3 times a week. I have found the V2 to be extremely accurate, versatile, light weight, compact, and easy to use. I also have a Sky Caddie to compare distances, and the V2 is right on every time. I am a 5 handicapper, and I've found this device to be perfect for my needs. I purchased this model because I had read other reviews that the more expensive models with more features and 7x power were not as compact and easy to use because of the size and having to hold the higher power models very steady when looking through the viewfinder. The Sky Caddie gives faster readouts, naturally, so I use it most of the time; however, it still has a $50 annual renewal, requires periodic charging (about every 4th round), and new courses have to be downloaded. I think most players would do fine with just the V2.

Bushnell Tour V2 Standard Edition Golf Laser Rangefinder