Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bushnell Trophy XLT Roof Prism Binoculars, 10x42mm (Bone Collector Edition)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Sports|Change

on October 18, 2011
I was looking for something to take hunting to spot deer and elk. These are up to the task. The glass seems really nice, and the field of view is really pretty good for a 10 power bino. I was a little hesitant on buying these until I found out that Bushnell has a lifetime limited warranty on their non-powered glass. So, no worries there. My only complaint is that the eyepiece covers just do not fit right. I am going to contact bushnell and see what they say, and report my results. as for the binos.....They seem really nice. I am going to take them into the field and test them out and post my results. They seem well built and a steal for $100 after Amazon's great price and the Bushnell $30 mail in rebate. I was just in Sportsman's warehouse and saw that they wanted $179 for them.

11/8/2011-Took them into the field. Great crystal clear vision in full and partial light. a little heavy but the provided strap makes it more comfortable. The field of view is 325 at 1000 but seems a-lot better than that. Overall A steal for $100 pull the trigger!
on September 3, 2011
I have spent a lot of money on optics over the years. Scopes and binoculars usually follow the golden rule "the more you pay the more you get." In this case that is simply not the truth. I dropped my pair of high end binoculars last year during turkey season and broke them. My last pair was a gift so i was not looking to spend over 500 on this pair. After a large amount of research I found these Bushnell 42mm bone collectors. I am really happy after taking them out in the field 2 times.

Pros:
- great field of view
- offers covers for front and rear optics
- each eye piece is adjustable
- coated in a rubber
- Focus is easily adjustable
- comes in 2 cases, one that is a soft bag and the other can fit on a belt or over your shoulder
- 30 mail in rebate!
- strap included to go around the neck is comfortable

Cons:
- fairly heavy. This is heavier then my old pair
- front lens covers tend to come loose.

Overall what a great value for the price. These see just as far as my last pair and are a fraction of the cost. Ill be spotting deer and varmint in no time with these beasts. These cost around 170 at cabelas and bass pro so save yourself come cash and buy them on Amazon.
on December 4, 2014
Inconsistencies in quality. Bought two. One had cosmetic damage on the lens holder the other seemed to have a darker image and despite it says it comes with a cleaning cloth both did not have it. Leery of quality control in what should be a fine piece of equipment for a good price.
on June 2, 2015
Man I just got these yesterday, wasn't expecting much I bought them used off amazon. To my surprise, when I opened the box everything was original that came with it and it was in perfect shape. After some adjusting to my eyes I can't believe how clear the lenses are and how firm the grip is. I bought these as my First pair of hunting glass and so far today I have been spying on the local cats hunting mice in the fields down the street, zooms right in crystal clear. My scope on my 30-06 can't compare, anyway super great product so far and the price I got it for can't be beat!
on November 9, 2011
great binos! The focus button is a breeze to turn with thicker gloves on! I used these bow hunting and I found myself looking around more than staying still! (Maybe a bad thing) good construction and people are complaining about the weight but thats what you get for a great 10x42! The strap and front covers suck but spend the money for a chest strap and keep the covers in the box!
on August 13, 2014
I also have a pair of 10x42 binos that cost $450 and so far I cannot tell the difference between those and these Bushnells. I suspect low-light viewing could differentiate them and I will report back after that test. In the daylight they would win the pepsi challenge. I do agree with other reviews that the objective lens covers are worthless and the strap is pretty cheap. I like the fact that they come with fully coated optics, a strap, twist-up eye cups, nylon case, microfiber cleaning rag and they can be used on a mono/tripod! That's some good value there. Not to mention Bushnell includes a lifetime warranty. The body material grips nicely allowing for one-handed operation. The large focus knob is easy to use and operates very smooth. Very nice deal at $100. I would recommend them.
on June 20, 2015
I was leaving on a trip to Alaska with my kids and was looking at a wide range of binoculars from $60.00 to $300.00. I am no binocular expert, but I did my research thoroughly and carefully before buying these and even looked at several different sets at the local sports stores before I made my purchase! I have to tell everyone who is looking for a set a really great binoculars at a great price that these are it! My sister bought an identical set from a different manufacturer for more than double the price and these are just as good, if not better. They are absolutely the right size and weight and magnification. From our moving cruise ship or from a stable standing position, they allowed me to view anything I wanted: birds, bears, eagles, whales.... you name it, I had perfect light, perfect magnification, absolute stability and clarity. For the money, I cannot imagine being more pleased with a product! The only draw back is that the covers that the rubber lens covers that come with the binoculars are worthless. But, what was not advertised when I bought them, them were delivered complete with a pretty good carrying case, neck strap, and a very nice silky soft grey colored bag/pouch which the binoculars can be stored in and which you can use it to clean the lenses. I also bought the matching Butler Creek "Bone Collector" harness which is good stuff for carrying (but with everything that came with the binoculars, you don't need it). Buy these... You will not be disappointed!
on August 12, 2015
Our family used these binoculars on our recent trip to the big island of Hawaii and we were able to see the volcanic magma spurting up out of Kīlauea volcano at the visitor center (night viewing). My husband used them at a recent RUSH concert and he loved it!
on January 28, 2015
Do yourself a favor and buy these binoculars. I've been hunting for over 20 years, and it's rare to find something worth more than you pay for it. I bought these because Amazon had a great price, and the reviews were great. To my shocking surprise, these are better than pairs I've tried that reach the $700-$1k range. They focus fast without having to turn the dial forever. Eye relief is amazing, and incredibly forgiving. They feel great in the hands, which helps with stabilization. Most importantly, these binoculars are insanely clear. On opening morning, I used them to glass a fence row about 100+ yards away WELL BEFORE full daylight. I can't sing enough praise for these. If you're hung up on these or something else, I'd go for these.
on December 4, 2013
These were purchased primarily for bird watching and are doing a very good job. They are a little on the heavy side but have an outstanding image quality and work well for me both with and without my glasses. I have a wide pupillary distance (78mm) and it is good to have a pair of binoculars that will support that wide a span. I detect very little distortion at the edges of the viewing field and the color seems to be exact. They are also very bright and work well in dim situations. i would definitely recommend them.