4.0 out of 5 stars quick on target
Pleased with this purchase. Took a try at moving deer, which I seldom do because of possible miss or only wounded game. Simply put dot on chest and fired one round - a heart shot. Very quick to target game. Liked it enought that I just purchased a 2nd Trophy scope for my other deer rifle.
$30 rebate on both didn't hurt either.
Published on December 15, 2011 by Ted

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor product...
Bushnell Trophy XLT 1.5-6x 42mm Illuminated 4A Reticle 30mm Tube Rifle Scope

Published on November 25, 2011 by SDB

4.0 out of 5 stars quick on target, December 15, 2011
Ted (Efland, NC. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bushnell Trophy XLT Illuminated 4A Reticle Riflescope, 1.5-6x 42mm (Sports)
$30 rebate on both didn't hurt either.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor product..., November 25, 2011
Bushnell Trophy XLT 1.5-6x 42mm Illuminated 4A Reticle 30mm Tube Rifle Scope

This model (Trophy XLT 1.5-6x Illuminated A4) is not worth the price. You could do just as well with a $50 to $80 import from any low level manufacturer. It may be "fully multi-coated", but it isn't done well as evidenced by the internal reflections and external glare. It fish-eyes noticably with the image dropping off the map at the edges. The illumination works well enough for an inexpensive scope and does get fairly bright while still having very usable low settings. The magnification ring is a little "gritty" in spots and does not feel as sturdy as most scopes in this price range. The capped windage and elevation adjustments are about what you would expect with extremely inexpensive, disposable chinese imports (the competition may actually be better). This particualr model is also made in Korea.

This scope is not on par with similarily priced offerings from Nikon, Vortex, and Weaver.

Amazon is refunding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smokes every sub $800 scope I've ever tried.., May 2, 2013
This is the primary optic on my short-mid range AR Platform with a Burris P.E.P.R. mount, and I couldn't be more thrilled. I'm going as inexpensive as possible with this build and this is where it's at for a < $400 scope for this purpose. It's a little larger and heavier than I wanted but it's performance easily forgives it's bulkiness.

The reviews I read on this had me very worried about overall quality, and critical eye-relief. I half planned on taking advantage of Bushnell's money back guarantee but I was very pleasantly surprised and in my opinion you need to be ready to spend $600-$800 before you're getting anywhere near the the performance that this offers for $250.

Illumination is plenty bright for full day-time use, and the control offers great feedback.

Elevation and windage adjustments give a very crisp click, and are easily dialed in with your fingers, no need for a tools to adjust. Took less than 5 minutes to sight in.

Relatively large objective gives great light transmission, and the eye-relief (which was my biggest concern) is MUCH better than I expected.

Fast focus eyepiece is awesome, very easily adjustable, and this thing is red dot-fast on target with low magnification.

... And free caps!

Shouldn't have let the negative feedback stop me from ordering it sooner. I think those people bought it thinking that $250 is a lot to spend on an illuminated variable power scope, and would be much happier with a Walmart special.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not recommend, November 12, 2013
Glass was not very clear around the edge and was pretty heavy. It was also broke when recived, reticle at 90' slant. Customer services helped but was difficult and not very helpful.