From the Publisher
From the Back Cover
The fourth edition of this highly successful book offers thorough coverage of data communication fundamentals that are key to network and information management. Best-selling author William Stallings provides authoritative and up-to-date coverage of the key issues for the business student, including high-speed networks, ATM and TCP/IP, as well as the use of the Internet, intranets, and extranets. This text presents concepts while relating them specifically to the business environment and simultaneously providing the reader with a solid understanding of the technical foundation of business data communications.
This book offers more in-depth coverage that other business data communications texts by integrating numerous real world case studies and comprehensive charts and graphics.
FEATURES and BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive coverage of the Internet and World Wide Web
- Students learn the mechanisms and capabilities of these integral technologies.
- Detailed examination of intranets, extranets, and client/server computing
- Coverage of the newest and most important technology for corporate data communications.
- In depth discussion of all networking technologies, including LANs and WANs
- Enables students to compare and evaluate competing approaches to make sound business decisions.
- Complete survey of network security and network management
- Students learn the requirements and design issues involved in managing and safeguarding distributed systems.
- Solid coverage of TCP/IP
- TCP/IP set of protocols form the foundation for all data networking.