- Paperback: 132 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill (April 24, 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 007162645X
- ISBN-13: 978-0071626453
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.3 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #828,463 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
A Business and Its Beliefs
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Have respect for the individual.
2. Give the best company service of any company in the world.
3. Pursue all tasks with the idea that they can be accomplished in a superior fashion.
In his short book “A Business and Its Beliefs”, Watson tells of IBM’s strict adherence to this trio of management ideals – in good times and bad – and how living by them built a culture that was responsible for one of the most successful companies in US business history.
Watson points to his father’s upbringing and career as the genesis of these beliefs. Using colorful examples, interesting stories and referencing the beliefs throughout the text, Watson writes a surprisingly useful management short course for any thoughtful businessperson willing to live and lead with similar ideals.