Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 28, 2010
I bought this particular book, not as a legal student, but a small business owner looking for some legal answers and advice. Unlike similar books I had purchased prior to this, this book is compact but detailed enough to answer all of the questions I had. I found the format useful and practical, as it was very easy to locate just about any topic off-hand. I was most surprised about how easy a read it is. It is not pretentious, like most legal books, but begins from the assumption that the reader is new to the subject. A great buy. I would highly recommend.
on July 14, 2010
I used the Barron's Business Law in order to study for the Introductory Business Law CLEP. I studied for weeks using this book. I focused on the sections specified by the college board as being covered on the test. I got a 74/80! I didn't even bother with the REA Business Law book and I tested my knowledge by using the College Board's practice test and that was it. This book is definitely worth the money!
on March 10, 2013
I've been a paralegal for 10+ years and am certified (ACP) in trial practice working primarily in civil litigation which overlaps business law in many cases. So there were some things that I already knew when I purchased this book for what it's worth. I bought this book to pass the business law CLEP. I will tell you that every single question on that CLEP test was covered by this book. I went to CLEP and looked at the topics covered on the CLEP and then read ONLY the chapters for the corresponding topics in this book which are extremely easy to find in the table of contents. This was the best method for me because I did not have time to cover the entire book.

I studied for one week. I received a 73 out of 80 on the CLEP test. I was extremely happy. There was a lot of information I did not know about environmental law, antitrust, etc. on the CLEP and this book answered every single question. I was amazed sitting there as I thought...wow I just read that. The ones I missed were probably the ones where I could not recall exactly what the book said about that particular question but the material was still there.

I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this book for the CLEP exam and as a desk reference if you are in the legal field!
on March 14, 2013
I started out studying for the business law CLEP with the REA guide, it was a little to condensed and didn't explain things in an easy to consume manner. I purchased this and it was much better, well written and nice little boxes with "remember" filled with key information. The definitions of key words were in bold and unlike the REA book, full definitions were given. At the end of each chapter there is a nice section to see if you retain the info and know how to apply it. I was also able to pass the Business Law II DSST exam with this book and some online resources. I guess the REA book would be good if you needed the practice exams, but if you're not looking for the practice exams this is a much more comprehensive and well written book.
on August 20, 2013
I took a course where the professor was teaching mostly out of the book for the 2 business law exams and I passed both with extremely high marks.
Though, the book covers many more topics than are required to know for the test. You do need a teacher or a guide to tell you where to focus on.
on August 11, 2014
This book was horrible:
1. It fell about apart within a few days, I ended having to use a rubber band to try to keep the book together. A book this size should have a different type of binding.
2. It was not well organized.
3. The book did not go into many details, it just provided basic information and the student had to supplement with other books.
4. The extreme change in fonts made this book more confusing than it had to be.
on January 24, 2014
This book arrived faster than I expected and was in perfect, new condition as described. I don't use it much to be honest, although we were supposed to read the entire book. This was a supplemental book for a graduate level business law course.
on September 13, 2015
This book was easy to read and explained legal terms in a way that I could understand and remember. The end of every chapter summarizes the material with some practice questions and key concepts. I studied for the CLEP Business Law test primarily with this book, but also with the REA Business Law prep book (the practice questions here are phenomenal) for about 3 weeks total and passed on my first attempt with a score of 67. I recommend this book.
on June 10, 2015
Covers all of the topics that the CLEP study guide outlines. Examples, vocabulary, and as a whole the book is not very dry! I'm so glad I downloaded before my CLEP text, I just wish I had down loaded it earlier in my study process.
on January 4, 2016
I passed the Business Law Clep test by studying this book. It's long....very long...over 600 pages. However it is loaded with great information without getting you bogged down with boring details. Good luck!